Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 5:14 pm

Outrider wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't go out and buy the first car you saw, sly.
You'd want to know what was under the hood, wouldn't you?

No, but I don't reject the girl offering to sell me a second hand Ford for $1,000 that can still run decent but needs a few repairs out of my own pocket to be roadworthy instead of holding out for a brand new $100,000 BMW.

Well put

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 5:27 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I don’t have much income, I don’t have much skills. I’ve tried but I suck at most stuff. So no playing a instrument for them or fixing their car or repairing their house, I don’t offer much besides loyal companionship.

So here is your answer: I am loyal. For some women that will mean a lot. Other possibilities: honesty (a promise to never lie or hide); acceptance of her as she is (that depends on if you are capable of being fully non-judgemental); someone to watch X (whatever her favorite show is) with over and over, or to play Z with (her favorite game or hobby); etc. Are you willing to engage in her interests even if they aren't yours? Say so. Are you someone that can be woken up with a text in the middle of the night to rescue her from some party she went to with a friend only to have that friend leave with some guy and abandon her? Say so.

Don’t all guys offer that though :roll: at least that’s what people tell me.

I’m mostly non Judgemental. I’m not the type to say “ if you voted ____ don’t bother” though couldn’t promise no fights or disagreements about it. But if you mean looks disability or wieght etc or odd quirks then yeah those are fine mostly. Might find some quirks cute.

Yes but not all the time. I wouldn’t want to do something I dislike a lot and wouldn’t expect her to either. I won’t go partying every weekend example but I’ll go to some if she enjoys them and wants me there.

No I unfortunately have no transportation after 11pm. I’d wake to talk or text though. I’ve done some for girls in past along with staying up all night then going to work. But s real man would probably not I imagine

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 6:39 pm

sly279 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I don’t have much income, I don’t have much skills. I’ve tried but I suck at most stuff. So no playing a instrument for them or fixing their car or repairing their house, I don’t offer much besides loyal companionship.

So here is your answer: I am loyal. For some women that will mean a lot. Other possibilities: honesty (a promise to never lie or hide); acceptance of her as she is (that depends on if you are capable of being fully non-judgemental); someone to watch X (whatever her favorite show is) with over and over, or to play Z with (her favorite game or hobby); etc. Are you willing to engage in her interests even if they aren't yours? Say so. Are you someone that can be woken up with a text in the middle of the night to rescue her from some party she went to with a friend only to have that friend leave with some guy and abandon her? Say so.

Don’t all guys offer that though :roll: at least that’s what people tell me.

I’m mostly non Judgemental. I’m not the type to say “ if you voted ____ don’t bother” though couldn’t promise no fights or disagreements about it. But if you mean looks disability or wieght etc or odd quirks then yeah those are fine mostly. Might find some quirks cute.

Yes but not all the time. I wouldn’t want to do something I dislike a lot and wouldn’t expect her to either. I won’t go partying every weekend example but I’ll go to some if she enjoys them and wants me there.

No I unfortunately have no transportation after 11pm. I’d wake to talk or text though. I’ve done some for girls in past along with staying up all night then going to work. But s real man would probably not I imagine

No, they don't. Not all men can actually offer loyalty. Perhaps while dating most like to pretend they will, but for many it is a lie. I'm not saying you are the only one who can offer that, but since not everyone can, it IS a positive.

I was giving examples of other things you MIGHT be able to offer; it was a brainstorm list; don't hang onto it as all there might be. Come up with your own. Everyone has something to offer; the process of realizing what it is that makes you unique in a positive way also helps you figure out what kind of person you will mesh with best.

This board ... it is full of "no." And "that isn't special." And "I wouldn't want that." Or "I can't do that." You have to get out of that head space and figure out what your gifts are. They don't have to be wrapped in bright, shiny paper. They can be as subtle as a wildflower sitting next to a dozen roses. The wildflower is still special. No one asset will be unique, but the combination probably is. It's uniquely you, and knowing what the edges of your puzzle piece look like will help you find where it fits.

And why wouldn't a "real" man do X? What the heck IS a "real" man? That is a construct. People don't enter relationships with constructs; they enter relationships with people. Not everyone needs or wants the same things.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 7:48 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256026/plo ... y#synopsis
Howard gets sex! Fictional, but perhaps more realistic that a lot of stuff that gets tossed around this forum.

It also occurs to me that some Aspies have difficulty because the way they dress, "they don't look the part"