Trump retweets deletes cartoon train running over reporter

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 11:12 am

Trump Retweets Cartoon of Train Killing CNN Reporter

Quote:
President Trump has retweeted a cartoon of a train bearing the Trump logo killing a CNN reporter, just days after a protester at a white-nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, was fatally run down by a driver who participated in that rally. The cartoon reads “Fake news can’t stop the Trump train.”

If true this by itself is probably legal incitement and IMHO enough for the "high crime or misdemeanors" impeachment clause.

That it was deleted so quickly is of some comfort as it indicates he has an adult baby sitter watching him.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 11:19 am

Looks more like a CNN logo that can't stop the trump train as illustrated by the ties flying everywhere. But any opportunity to get Trump impeached should be perused to its fullest.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 11:24 am

The CNN logo is covering a man.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2017, 12:00 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Are you sure it's not a logo with arms and legs? Because I've seen that before in political cartoons. And it looks to me like its futilely trying to stop the train rather than being killed by the train.

The cartoon was drawn by Gary Varvel a political cartoonist for the Indianapolis Star, so I guess one would have to ask him what it's supposed to be depicting. http://www.indystar.com/staff/6361/gary-varvel/

Does anyone think Varvel was trying to encourage violence?

Funny how the actual cartoonist doesn't seem to be a subject of focus by anyone. I had to decipher who drew it though garyvarvel.com being written under his signature.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 6:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Are you sure it's not a logo with arms and legs? Because I've seen that before in political cartoons. And it looks to me like its futilely trying to stop the train rather than being killed by the train. ... Does anyone think Varvel was trying to encourage violence?

Yeah, I think the CNN logo was clumsily placed over the man----I'm thinking it would've been better, if he had made it to look more like his head; but, then, maybe that would've infringed on their trademark rights, or something.

I know what you're talking-about, Ezra, in regard to a logo with arms and legs----I've seen those, as well----but, it seems like this was really meant to be a man. I DO agree with your take on it being the man trying to stop the train, though (as opposed to the train, killin' him - gotta LOVE when a writer's own story argues with his "evidence" [the picture - /sarcasm]), cuz his back is to the train, and he seems to be digginin'-in his heels (hence the ties piling-up / flying)----and, no, I don't think he was "trying to encourage violence".