More "white nationalist" demonstrations planned

Page 12 of 14 [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

rick sanchez
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2017, 10:11 pm

Raptor wrote:
With all this shrieking about racism, the KKK, and Nazis, I think it's time to re-introduce Gertrude, my lovely wife. Ain't she a peach?
:P

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:16 pm

Raptor wrote:
They're grasping at straws is what it is and trying to compensate themselves for that stinging loss last November.

This is certainly correct. Democrats controlled the South for a hundred years, put up most of those Confederate statues, and as long as it got them votes and gave them political power, they were quite happy with them. Now they think they can get political power by tearing them down, so they want to tear them down.

By the way, a couple weeks ago everything was TRUMP RUSSIA TRUMP RUSSIA TRUMP RUSSIA!! Now that's all gone and everything is TRUMP NAZIS TRUMP NAZIS TRUMP NAZIS!!

I wonder how that happened?

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:19 pm

Darmok wrote:
Raptor wrote:
They're grasping at straws is what it is and trying to compensate themselves for that stinging loss last November.

This is certainly correct. Democrats controlled the South for a hundred years, put up most of those Confederate statues, and as long as it got them votes and gave them political power, they were quite happy with them. Now they think they can get political power by tearing them down, so they want to tear them down.

By the way, a couple weeks ago everything was TRUMP RUSSIA TRUMP RUSSIA TRUMP RUSSIA!! Now that's all gone and everything is TRUMP NAZIS TRUMP NAZIS TRUMP NAZIS!!

In both cases, right wing nationalism is at the root of the ugliness.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:26 pm

Darmok wrote:
Raptor wrote:

But I bet it won't get them any votes in the South where the statues are (or maybe by then where the statues were).

Quote:

No matter what message their shrill shrieking carries, their pain over Trump being president still amuses the hell out of me. :twisted:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:44 pm

Raptor wrote:
With all this shrieking about racism, the KKK, and Nazis, I think it's time to re-introduce Gertrude, my lovely wife. Ain't she a peach?

Does she have a statue?

There Are Four Lights!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 1:49 am

Darmok wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Does she have a statue?

She was probably recruited for Himmler's breeding program

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 1:51 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Seems the KKK still has grassroots support even popping up in Virginia University, so much for higher education curing prejudice

[color=#9932CC][b]Who said any of them were UofV students? I imagine they rent those venues, out, to whomever----that doesn't mean they "support", whomever.....

I think a number of Nazi college students were outed on social media (names and ID). The little weasels have gone underground worried they have a warrant for arrest or it will effect their chances of getting a job

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Seems the KKK still has grassroots support even popping up in Virginia University, so much for higher education curing prejudice

[color=#9932CC][b]Who said any of them were UofV students? I imagine they rent those venues, out, to whomever----that doesn't mean they "support", whomever.....

I think a number of Nazi college students were outed on social media (names and ID). The little weasels have gone underground worried they have a warrant for arrest or it will effect their chances of getting a job

I'm waiting for them to start whining about how the evil left had ruined their lives by showing them on TV chanting: "Jews will not replace us!"

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:18 am

bloody hell "cyberdad". recognize you are not an american and show some deference. i know why ezra s castigated you in another thread.

anyway, rational thinking leads me to these observations.

"demonstrations" means to me "shows" or "displays" designed to educate.

so, if they are allowed to demonstrate, and the time and place of their demonstration is widely advertised, and if everyone who is not of their persuasion avoids the area (including their antagonists), then their demonstrations will be futile.

so if they start to destroy public property, then the military or swat forces can contain them and the law can charge them and imprison them, thus dwindling their forces.

i mean there will also be a deleterious effect on their morale in that they see that they are really having no effect except for self injury, and all the thugs just looking for a fight will eventually go elsewhere like back to the bars to fight.

dunno.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:47 am

Darmok wrote:

It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside a knockwurst.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 3:01 am

when i said if "they" are allowed to demonstrate, i meant only the neo nazis and KKK and the like in my last post .
if that is not clarified, the post makes no sense

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 3:09 am

b9 wrote:
]

What exactly are they trying to educate the public about? Robert Lee and confederacy? the confederates killed thousands of patriotic Americans so they can sit on their backsides and let slaves do all the work. The Nazis? they killed thousands of patriotic Americans fighting to free Europe from their tyranny. The KKK? they lynched thousands of innocent people in the name of hatred

How exactly is there an upside to these jokers prancing around Charlottsville in their regalia?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 3:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
b9 wrote:
]

What exactly are they trying to educate the public about? Robert Lee and confederacy? the confederates killed thousands of patriotic Americans so they can sit on their backsides and let slaves do all the work. The Nazis? they killed thousands of patriotic Americans fighting to free Europe from their tyranny. The KKK? they lynched thousands of innocent people in the name of hatred

How exactly is there an upside to these jokers prancing around Charlottsville in their regalia?

you go off like a "catherine wheel" nailed to a fence at every possible source of ignition.
i can't be bothered saying any more than that.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 3:08 pm

b9 wrote:
bloody hell "cyberdad". recognize you are not an american and show some deference.

Yeah, this is the way I (and I imagine a few other Americans, on here) feel about it. I mean, at least one time, on WP, cyberdad said he wasn't interested in some author's ideas, because the author was not of the ethnicity, about which he was speaking (IIRC, it was Hindu - but I don't feel like lookin' for the post, right now)----so, what I'D like to know, is why is it NOT okay for that author, but it IS okay for cyberdad to talk about a people (Americans), that he doesn't TRULY KNOW anything about?

b9 wrote:
anyway, rational thinking leads me to these observations...

As for the rest of this post (and your subsequent one clarifying that you meant KKK/NN - and that I ONLY cut-out, to shorten this, MY, post): I'm thinking that at least PART of the sentiment you were trying to get-across, was "Ignore 'em, and they'll go-away"----and, I agree with that, as well!!

YES, the people are despicable----NO, I don't agree with them----but, YES, I defend their right, to speak / protest, cuz they DO have that right, and because that's what I would want someone to do, for ME!! Simple as that.

b9 wrote:
you go off like a "catherine wheel" nailed to a fence at every possible source of ignition.

I agree with this, as well. The only thing I can figure (regarding why he so FIERCELY posts, about U.S. stuff), is that, in HIS mind, he's, like, coming to the rescue of somebody, or something, so he can think of himself, as a hero, or whatever----or, so he can TELL others that he came to the rescue / championed a cause, etc.

I dunno----I've never understood ANY non-American, speaking, so matter-of-factly, on American issues..... (YOUR post on-the-matter, b9, was pretty, like, "generic", IMO----like, you could've been talking about ANY "rowdies" [even though your subsequent post said KKK/NN], and EVERY country, has those.) I mean, I've had opinions regarding other countries' issues, and so-forth----but, I don't think I've ever spoken about those things, on here, cuz I don't feel it's any of my business (and I don't think anybody should be speaking, about US)! ! At least, if people are gonna do it (this INCLUDES Americans), I don't think they should speak so matter-of-factly, like they just KNOW----cuz, they DON'T!!

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 3:50 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I dunno----I've never understood ANY non-American, speaking, so matter-of-factly, on American issues.....

Well.. Considering how "big" America is in the world, stuff happening there affects a lot in the rest. Over here in my country our media covers your affairs almost more than our own lol.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

xDominiel wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I dunno----I've never understood ANY non-American, speaking, so matter-of-factly, on American issues.....

Well.. Considering how "big" America is in the world, stuff happening there affects a lot in the rest. Over here in my country our media covers your affairs almost more than our own lol.

Really??? I'm sorry we inadvertently did that to you. :oops: