More "white nationalist" demonstrations planned

Page 12 of 14 [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:44 pm

Raptor wrote:
With all this shrieking about racism, the KKK, and Nazis, I think it's time to re-introduce Gertrude, my lovely wife. Ain't she a peach?

Does she have a statue?

There Are Four Lights!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 1:49 am

Darmok wrote:
Raptor wrote:
With all this shrieking about racism, the KKK, and Nazis, I think it's time to re-introduce Gertrude, my lovely wife. Ain't she a peach?

Does she have a statue?

She was probably recruited for Himmler's breeding program

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 1:51 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Seems the KKK still has grassroots support even popping up in Virginia University, so much for higher education curing prejudice

[color=#9932CC][b]Who said any of them were UofV students? I imagine they rent those venues, out, to whomever----that doesn't mean they "support", whomever.....

I think a number of Nazi college students were outed on social media (names and ID). The little weasels have gone underground worried they have a warrant for arrest or it will effect their chances of getting a job

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:06 am

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Seems the KKK still has grassroots support even popping up in Virginia University, so much for higher education curing prejudice

[color=#9932CC][b]Who said any of them were UofV students? I imagine they rent those venues, out, to whomever----that doesn't mean they "support", whomever.....

I think a number of Nazi college students were outed on social media (names and ID). The little weasels have gone underground worried they have a warrant for arrest or it will effect their chances of getting a job

I'm waiting for them to start whining about how the evil left had ruined their lives by showing them on TV chanting: "Jews will not replace us!"

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:18 am

bloody hell "cyberdad". recognize you are not an american and show some deference. i know why ezra s castigated you in another thread.

anyway, rational thinking leads me to these observations.

"demonstrations" means to me "shows" or "displays" designed to educate.

so, if they are allowed to demonstrate, and the time and place of their demonstration is widely advertised, and if everyone who is not of their persuasion avoids the area (including their antagonists), then their demonstrations will be futile.

so if they start to destroy public property, then the military or swat forces can contain them and the law can charge them and imprison them, thus dwindling their forces.

i mean there will also be a deleterious effect on their morale in that they see that they are really having no effect except for self injury, and all the thugs just looking for a fight will eventually go elsewhere like back to the bars to fight.

dunno.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:47 am

Darmok wrote:
By the way, a couple weeks ago everything was TRUMP RUSSIA TRUMP RUSSIA TRUMP RUSSIA!! Now that's all gone and everything is TRUMP NAZIS TRUMP NAZIS TRUMP NAZIS!!

I wonder how that happened?

It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside a knockwurst.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 3:01 am

when i said if "they" are allowed to demonstrate, i meant only the neo nazis and KKK and the like in my last post .
if that is not clarified, the post makes no sense

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 3:09 am

b9 wrote:
]

What exactly are they trying to educate the public about? Robert Lee and confederacy? the confederates killed thousands of patriotic Americans so they can sit on their backsides and let slaves do all the work. The Nazis? they killed thousands of patriotic Americans fighting to free Europe from their tyranny. The KKK? they lynched thousands of innocent people in the name of hatred

How exactly is there an upside to these jokers prancing around Charlottsville in their regalia?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 3:18 am

cyberdad wrote:
b9 wrote:
]

What exactly are they trying to educate the public about? Robert Lee and confederacy? the confederates killed thousands of patriotic Americans so they can sit on their backsides and let slaves do all the work. The Nazis? they killed thousands of patriotic Americans fighting to free Europe from their tyranny. The KKK? they lynched thousands of innocent people in the name of hatred

How exactly is there an upside to these jokers prancing around Charlottsville in their regalia?

you go off like a "catherine wheel" nailed to a fence at every possible source of ignition.
i can't be bothered saying any more than that.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 3:08 pm

b9 wrote:
bloody hell "cyberdad". recognize you are not an american and show some deference.

Yeah, this is the way I (and I imagine a few other Americans, on here) feel about it. I mean, at least one time, on WP, cyberdad said he wasn't interested in some author's ideas, because the author was not of the ethnicity, about which he was speaking (IIRC, it was Hindu - but I don't feel like lookin' for the post, right now)----so, what I'D like to know, is why is it NOT okay for that author, but it IS okay for cyberdad to talk about a people (Americans), that he doesn't TRULY KNOW anything about?

b9 wrote:
anyway, rational thinking leads me to these observations...

As for the rest of this post (and your subsequent one clarifying that you meant KKK/NN - and that I ONLY cut-out, to shorten this, MY, post): I'm thinking that at least PART of the sentiment you were trying to get-across, was "Ignore 'em, and they'll go-away"----and, I agree with that, as well!!

YES, the people are despicable----NO, I don't agree with them----but, YES, I defend their right, to speak / protest, cuz they DO have that right, and because that's what I would want someone to do, for ME!! Simple as that.

b9 wrote:
you go off like a "catherine wheel" nailed to a fence at every possible source of ignition.

I agree with this, as well. The only thing I can figure (regarding why he so FIERCELY posts, about U.S. stuff), is that, in HIS mind, he's, like, coming to the rescue of somebody, or something, so he can think of himself, as a hero, or whatever----or, so he can TELL others that he came to the rescue / championed a cause, etc.

I dunno----I've never understood ANY non-American, speaking, so matter-of-factly, on American issues..... (YOUR post on-the-matter, b9, was pretty, like, "generic", IMO----like, you could've been talking about ANY "rowdies" [even though your subsequent post said KKK/NN], and EVERY country, has those.) I mean, I've had opinions regarding other countries' issues, and so-forth----but, I don't think I've ever spoken about those things, on here, cuz I don't feel it's any of my business (and I don't think anybody should be speaking, about US)! ! At least, if people are gonna do it (this INCLUDES Americans), I don't think they should speak so matter-of-factly, like they just KNOW----cuz, they DON'T!!

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 3:50 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I dunno----I've never understood ANY non-American, speaking, so matter-of-factly, on American issues.....

Well.. Considering how "big" America is in the world, stuff happening there affects a lot in the rest. Over here in my country our media covers your affairs almost more than our own lol.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 4:27 pm

xDominiel wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I dunno----I've never understood ANY non-American, speaking, so matter-of-factly, on American issues.....

Well.. Considering how "big" America is in the world, stuff happening there affects a lot in the rest. Over here in my country our media covers your affairs almost more than our own lol.

Really??? I'm sorry we inadvertently did that to you. :oops:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 6:27 pm

xDominiel wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

That explains a lot. And they probably cover it with the same tabloid flair.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 7:27 pm

...An
popular vote loss and an electoral win (yes, that's what legally does it, I know) arguably based on Comey's " October suprise ", following which DT claimed that all of the D. popular margin was fake voters while offering no such proof, you mean?
Now, I am, while I am temporarily on this better keyboard, get a lot said in one post, and some of it may refer to stuff on the Confederate memorials/Charlottesville issue in other lines, and I will likely reference things you did not say. I'm pounding this out, after losing a first version :cry: , too, so I may not correct mistakes to the extent I usually do.
This is an " ommibus/portmaneau " post, in other words - if those are, indeed, the correct words! It's argued that the anti-neo-nazi demonstraters should have stayed away from the rally by the neos. Why? So they could claim " the lack of any counter-demonstarters proves that The Real America is on OUR side ! !! !! !! !! "?? That argument - the " Let them boys alone and let them have their fun!! ! " (Hank Jr, - who supports the " Obama is a secret Muslim " theory.) narrative, I'll call it - seems to come from people at least overlapping the neos - i.e., they don't want their side made to look bad.
Yes, I suppose the neos followed the latter of the law re: gun display. Are you so NRA-crazed that you think that display of those guns (And maybe it WASN'T hyperbole!) by people waving the Nazi and so-called Confederate flag is a suggestion of " We're just gonna have a jam session in the park? " ? 8O So, everyone should accept gigantic guns being waved everywhere by people who, oh, provide a remix of that oldie gasser from the 78-era hate parade, " F*ck the Jews "? Meaning, saying " Oh, it's wonderful "?
Tears were being cried for the eye damage received by Whiter-Than-Alaska-And-I'll-Bake-'Em-All. I hope he gets better. Maybe he can consider how his side committed ENDLESS blindings, maulings, castrations, rapes, and more - with those statues symbolizing their veneration of their " Lost Cause " :( . I'll put the Manfred Mann's Earth Band version of a certain Boss song up on my Facebook in his honor! Meanwhile, he can pump his way into his hat to a song with a funky break, with Go-Kart Mozart :mrgreen: ...
The so-called " Confederate flag ", BTW, was not, at any time, the flag of the CSA or its battle flag either. It was a post-Civil War invention. I think I shall call it...the PSEUDO-C FLAG! from now on!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! :P :lol:
Many of the people weeping over their " Confederate heritage " were simply (or their ancestors were) " white trash " to slave-owning plantation owners.
Tons of racist lynchings happened in the Southern states (and lynchings elsewhere in the USA too, of course) in the Jim Crow years. The C. staues were focal points of worship for many of the lynchers. How many of them took place in front of the states?
I wager that most of the people who camde to the places where the statues were in Baltimore lived far, far, away from them?
Why don't they take thrie precious lil' statcie-watchies in from the storm? Bocepus, Kid Rock, Charlie Daniels and Ted Nugent could headline a " StatueAid " concert :P 8O ...
That Daughters of the Confederacy taking in of the statue they had raised generations before that I believe I have cited before is one example. I think the statues were often, originally, erected through payment from private subscription. If statue-supporters took them back, they do all they wanted with them, and parade around them drinking mint juleps with Mammy's molasses! :mrgreen:! Why do they insist that public spaces, which I imagine the majority of them never visit otherwse, keep up those " N_____s, we've got you down " memorials to The Lost Cause indefinitely? Those NC legislators who decided that towns must keep them up forever - So, local soverignty, nu? Or was that just a seggers' excuse?
The Republican Part's " Southern Strategy " in the Sixties and Seventies was designed to being the bigoted white Southerner demographic over to the Elephant.
Actually, had it not been, essentially, anyway, 100% impossible for any white man to be convicted of killing or seriously hurting a black man in the Jim Crow-era South (and pretty close to that, anyway, in other parts of the U.S.A., yes), some of the pro-Cers would not have been born, if their ancestors who participated in those crimes been executed or gone to prison! So, they can have their wil' Webbelle hearts broken by having a racim-celebrating statue being taken away from being mposed on everyone else, after 100 years or so of being up.
Is every statue left up forever?
As for thise people visiting the former statue sites in Baltimore --- I would've liked to yell at them there, " F*CK YOUR HERITAGE! GO DIE! "(Yes, again, if they didn't have their guns, etc.). What do you think of that :twisted: ?

Raptor"]

Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Who said any of them were UofV students? I imagine they rent those venues, out, to whomever----that doesn't mean they "support", whomever.....

Here, we often see / hear an announcement before an info-mercial, for instance, that says, something like, "The views expressed in this broadcast, are not necessarily the views of this television station"----seems the same, to me; besides, I don't know if a group has to say it's name, when they apply for a permit----maybe, they only have to say what they're protesting (in-this-case, the removal of the monument).

They're grasping at straws is what it is and trying to compensate themselves for that stinging loss last November.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 8:27 pm

I hadn't thought about this before, but these losers lower the value of the word white. In a further ironic twist, that sounds good to me.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 9:09 pm

xDominiel wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:

Yes, I totally understand / get that----but, what I'm saying, IS..... IMO, people shouldn't speak so matter-of-factly, like they just KNOW how we feel / what we want, etc., cuz they're not US!!

I mean, we've gotten so much..... I would even go so far, as to say "venom"..... We've gotten so much venom, spewed at us Americans, on here, that it's been a really tough row to hoe, for some of us, these last months, since November 9th. I've asked many people----MANY people (NON-Americans)----POINT-BLANK, how they'd like it, if Americans did that, to THEM, and, for-the-most-part, the question was just danced-around; cuz, IMO, they just didn't wanna hear it, cuz that would stop them, from THEIR agenda----and, that agenda, IMO, is to laugh at us / put us down, so they can feel better, about THEMSELVES!! (And, to think that these are people who, some of them, have been laughed-at/put-down, their entire lives, and therefore, KNOW how badly it can suck-rocks; so, one would wonder why they'd do it, to anyone else!!)

An American said something about Canada's prime minister (I THINK it was), and a Canadian responded with, something like: "That's kinda harsh" (and it WASN'T)----and then I said, something like: "And, THERE it is" (meaning, non-Americans can say whatever they want, about Americans----but, when an American says something about about another country.....).

It says right in the PPR rules, that people can't put-down an ENTIRE group of people----like, it says that one can say "some Catholics smell bad" (that's not the exact words), but one CANNOT say "black people are idiots" (again, that's not the exact wording)----but, I guess that rule doesn't count, when speaking-about an ENTIRE group, of Americans!!

As I have said with ALOT of other issues, on here..... If people would just try to put themselves in someone else's shoes..... Now, I know most of us are ASDers, on here----'cept cyberdad, who does so much of this "comin' at us", is an NT----and, putting ourselves in someone else's shoes is not an easy task, for us; but, then, I would bet, almost anything, that these same people who, seemingly, REFUSE to give thought / consideration to others' feelings, they would be the same people DEMANDING it, from everybody ELSE. Does that sound fair, to you?