More "white nationalist" demonstrations planned

Page 9 of 14 [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 4:45 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
If the left cannot accept Lee’s contrition after the Civil War than how can they forgive Sen. Robert Byrd (D) who was a member of the KKK at one time?

Answer: Because Byrd’s name is followed by an upper case D.

Ugh. This is the worst false equivalency ever, yet you people keep brainlessly repeating it.

1.) Almost nobody that is part of "the left" these days considers Byrd a progressive just because he was a Democrat.

2.) Byrd disavowed his earlier racism. (Lee never did, and we can only speculate whether his views would or would not have change if he had lived through the civil rights era).

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 4:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Come on. Speaking out against counterprotesters does not equate to being in favor of Nazis.

It does when Antifa's the only thing standing between you and a gas chamber or oven! :lmao:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 4:51 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Come on. Speaking out against counterprotesters does not equate to being in favor of Nazis.

It does when Antifa's the only thing standing between you and a gas chamber or oven! :lmao:

You must think you are so clever right now. Have a goddamn cookie. I insist.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:01 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
This from today's Wall Street Journal:

A source with knowledge of the Monument Fund, Inc., one of the plaintiffs which obtained a temporary injunction against removing monuments in Charlottesville, tells this column:

"Nobody from our group attended the protests or counter-protests. We all stayed away. As everybody should have done. As President Sullivan of U Va urged people to do. Just stay home. But City Councillors and a coalition of leftist groups invited their followers to show up for counter protests. And show up they did, angry and spoiling for a fight.
If City Council had just said: let the Nazis shout idiot slogans at empty air, ignore them, stay home -- no violence would have happened. The police are unfairly criticized for not stopping the fighting. How could they? These two groups wanted to fight. They found ways to get at each other. These are public streets, they could not all be locked down and cleared of belligerents.
This was a tragic event, it will scar the city. It will take a long time for the anger to subside."

The Holocaust survivors who were 1 of 6 residents of Skokie, Illinois and all other residents of Skokie ignored the Nazi's when they came marching into town way back when. The march broke up in 10 minutes. I suppose in this day and age of flash mobs and zero sum game politics it is nieve to expect people to ignore anything.

I am not a pacifist, there are times when a violence is the only way to deal with a threat. In this case it was a few hundred thugs. Rightly or wrongly we are debating the merits of the counterprotesters. The Nazis are getting days and days of free publicity. If they marched unopposed it would have been a one day story.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 16 Aug 2017, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:01 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I don't even know wtf anymore, people are insane...I am starting to be mildly concerned that I will wake up to some insane post apocalyptic type world one morning.

rick sanchez
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2017, 5:03 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I don't even know wtf anymore, people are insane...I am starting to be mildly concerned that I will wake up to some insane post apocalyptic type world one morning.

We can dare to dream :)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:08 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Yet only on one side did the violence result in killing a person. Of course if you have a group made up largely of white supremacists clashing with counter protestors it will be impossible to keep it 100% peaceful...but there is quite the difference between shouting, screaming chants, brawling and fist fights than plowing a vehicle into people, and carrying weapons, which if I am not mistaking some of the white supremacists who attended did.

It sounds like you're saying you haven't watched many of the videos - either at Charlottesville of Antifa, or much of anywhere else. Saying you dislike one groups politics more than the other is one thing, saying that one group is more violent or corrosive to the rule of law than the other is a different matter entirely.

Even if I don't agree with their violence, or even their ideology as a whole, the anger of the left at least seems genuine. They truly believe they are fighting for justice. The alt-right, on the other hand, act like a bunch of spoiled s**t sociopathic faux-hyper-masculine frat-boy scum. They don't seem to actually care about anything but deliberate provocation. They say the "the white race" has superior intellect, yet they are acting like monkeys with their "alpha male" BS, calling people "cucks", "fa***ts", etc... basically schoolyard-style name-calling, macho-posturing, and bullying... the same as what one would imagine witnessing in "the hood".

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:14 pm

marshall wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Yet only on one side did the violence result in killing a person. Of course if you have a group made up largely of white supremacists clashing with counter protestors it will be impossible to keep it 100% peaceful...but there is quite the difference between shouting, screaming chants, brawling and fist fights than plowing a vehicle into people, and carrying weapons, which if I am not mistaking some of the white supremacists who attended did.

It sounds like you're saying you haven't watched many of the videos - either at Charlottesville of Antifa, or much of anywhere else. Saying you dislike one groups politics more than the other is one thing, saying that one group is more violent or corrosive to the rule of law than the other is a different matter entirely.

Even if I don't agree with their violence, or even their ideology as a whole, the anger of the left at least seems genuine. They truly believe they are fighting for justice. The alt-right, on the other hand, act like a bunch of spoiled s**t sociopathic faux-hyper-masculine frat-boy scum. They don't seem to actually care about anything but deliberate provocation. They say the "the white race" has superior intellect, yet they are acting like monkeys with their "alpha male" BS, calling people "cucks", "fa***ts", etc... basically schoolyard-style name-calling, macho-posturing, and bullying... the same as what one would imagine witnessing in "the hood".

Yep. That is exactly the kind of attitude people are encouraging when they are speaking out against the counter protesters. I bet the Nazis probably don't even want aspies defending their right to talk about how much they want to gas anybody they find racially impure. Yet here are a handful of aspies defending speech that is designed to undermine democracy and promote ethnic cleansing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:16 pm

It must be stated that many Republicans, even of a "tea-party" mentality, denounced the Alt-Righters by name, but didn't equally denounce the counter-protestors.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It must be stated that many Republicans, even of a "tea-party" mentality, denounced the Alt-Righters by name, but didn't equally denounce the counter-protestors.

That is very true.

But some people would rather defend the rights of Nazis than admit that sometimes people on the left wing have this country's best interest at heart. That is what I am seeing, anyway.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:23 pm

marshall wrote:
Even if I don't agree with their violence, or even their ideology as a whole, the anger of the left at least seems genuine. They truly believe they are fighting for justice.

I'm not sure we want to measure a group's quality of behavior based on the authenticity of their feelings. Do you think all these white identitarians and neo-nazis don't really believe or feel that they're being oppressed by counter-racism or made irrelevant as men by a giant alpha male named Uncle Sam with a giant polygamous harem? They might be bringing bumbling self-pity to horror but I haven't seen much evidence that they're an astroturf movement and even if they were - causing needless suffering to others seems to weigh out the same no matter what the feels are.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:28 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

That is delusional. Between me and a few hundred thugs and some quiet supporters of there are these things called the congressional and judicial wings of the federal government, state and local governments. While the executive branch of the federal government has been called into question they are not remotely calling for killing whole races or groups. There are a lot of corporations boycotting states and firing people for holding non liberal never mind fascist views.

I am not a person that will never say never and it is important to not let the Nazi ideology further metastasize so it does not get remotely to an actual Nazi takeover but we are far far far from that point. The fear based overreaction going on is exactly what they (and all terrorists) want and need people to do.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

That is delusional. Between me and a few hundred thugs and some quiet supporters of there are these things called the congressional and judicial wings of the federal government, state and local governments. While the executive branch of the federal government has been called into question they are not remotely calling for killing whole races or groups. There are a lot of corporations boycotting states and firing people for holding non liberal never mind fascist views.

I am not a person that will never say never and it is important to not let the Nazi ideology further metastasize so it does not get remotely to an actual Nazi takeover but we are far far far from that point. The fear based overreaction going on is exactly what they (and all terrorists) want and need people to do.

Y'know, the vast majority of Holocaust victims believed the same thing about the German government when Hitler was initially elected.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:35 pm

America is a country where peaceful protesters trying to protect their water supply are sprayed with rubber bullets and tear gas while Nazis are given the blessing of the POTUS.

Please don't tell me I am the only one here who sees anything wrong with that.

rick sanchez
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2017, 5:37 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
America is a country where peaceful protesters trying to protect their water supply are sprayed with rubber bullets and tear gas while Nazis are given the blessing of the POTUS.

Please don't tell me I am the only one here who sees anything wrong with that.

The property rights of the wealthy versus the "rights" of the poor.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 5:47 pm

...I would pantomime P-ing and S-ing on a public Confederate memorial in front of a Confederate-lover anytime! :mrgreen: (Of course, not if they had their gun, etc. I'm not stupid 8) .) (I wouldn"t waste my real P and S on them. :twisted:) I'd prick their lil' " Rebel Pride ", and raise their consiousness :P :wink: ...........

ptor"]

rick sanchez wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:
Will these statue 'removals' extend to books next?

I don't see it stopping with statues of Confederate Generals.
I do see more violence of greater severity if this trend goes on...
Other than rabble rousing and manufactured offense, not to mention history revisionism, there really is no logical reason to be against mere statues.

f**k it, tear them all down. Why are they important?

Sometimes violence is the only way things will change.

They are important to a lot of people for reasons you wouldn't understand. Why is it so important to tear them down?[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!