How do you score on this (light hearted) Empath test?

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Aug 2017, 2:50 pm

kicker wrote:
soloha wrote:
kicker wrote:
Took the test spending an hour going through different combinations. Only four possible results those being "partial empathy", "moderate empathy", "strong empathy" and "full fledge empathy".

Combinations tried:

All answers "No" = partial empathy
All answers "Sometimes" = moderate empathy
All answers "Often" = strong empathy
All answers "Almost Always" = full fledge empathy

Answered every other with either "No" or "Almost always" starting with "No" = partial empathy
Answered every other with either "No" or "Almost always" starting with "Almost Always" = full fledge empathy
Answered every other with either "Sometimes" or "Often" starting with "Sometimes" = moderate empathy
Answered every other with either "Sometimes" or "Often" starting with "Often" = strong empathy
Answered every other with either "Often" or "Almost Always" starting with "Often" = strong empathy
Answered every other with either "Often" or "Almost Always" starting with "Almost Always" = full fledge empathy
Answered every other with either "Sometimes" or "Almost Always" starting with "Sometimes" = moderate empathy
Answered every other with either "Sometimes" or "Almost Always" starting with "Almost Always" = full fledge empathy

Answered first with "Almost Always" for first one and "No" to the rest of the questions = partial empathy

Stopped there as I didn't think any combination would give me a score any lower than saying that I had empathy. I also used a "fake" email address as their regex only looks for format rather than valid email addresses so any entry that is formatted like this ([email protected]) works.

Assuming towards "No" always means "less empathy". Some of the questions could have inverted scoring...

You're welcome to put that to a test. I admittedly didn't go through all the possible combinations as I wasn't looking for possible scoring method as much as the range of possible results. The combinations I did go through should have produced more than the four possible answers/results the test has to give if there were indeed a larger result pool. The test did not however reveal any other possible answers than the four given.

As well the respondents thus far who took the test had varying different responses (adding to the combinations I did) and received results within the range I found. You can draw your own conclusions from the available data and or test a hypothesis by running through the desired combinations. I however believe there is enough of a sampling to satisfy my curiosity as to the range of the results that I shared.

No. I believe you're likely right. I just latched onto and got hung up on the possibility of some questions having inverted scoring seemingly being unaccounted for.

kicker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2017, 3:14 pm

soloha wrote:
kicker wrote:
soloha wrote:
kicker wrote:
Took the test spending an hour going through different combinations. Only four possible results those being "partial empathy", "moderate empathy", "strong empathy" and "full fledge empathy".

Combinations tried:

All answers "No" = partial empathy
All answers "Sometimes" = moderate empathy
All answers "Often" = strong empathy
All answers "Almost Always" = full fledge empathy

Answered every other with either "No" or "Almost always" starting with "No" = partial empathy
Answered every other with either "No" or "Almost always" starting with "Almost Always" = full fledge empathy
Answered every other with either "Sometimes" or "Often" starting with "Sometimes" = moderate empathy
Answered every other with either "Sometimes" or "Often" starting with "Often" = strong empathy
Answered every other with either "Often" or "Almost Always" starting with "Often" = strong empathy
Answered every other with either "Often" or "Almost Always" starting with "Almost Always" = full fledge empathy
Answered every other with either "Sometimes" or "Almost Always" starting with "Sometimes" = moderate empathy
Answered every other with either "Sometimes" or "Almost Always" starting with "Almost Always" = full fledge empathy

Answered first with "Almost Always" for first one and "No" to the rest of the questions = partial empathy

Stopped there as I didn't think any combination would give me a score any lower than saying that I had empathy. I also used a "fake" email address as their regex only looks for format rather than valid email addresses so any entry that is formatted like this ([email protected]) works.

Assuming towards "No" always means "less empathy". Some of the questions could have inverted scoring...

You're welcome to put that to a test. I admittedly didn't go through all the possible combinations as I wasn't looking for possible scoring method as much as the range of possible results. The combinations I did go through should have produced more than the four possible answers/results the test has to give if there were indeed a larger result pool. The test did not however reveal any other possible answers than the four given.

As well the respondents thus far who took the test had varying different responses (adding to the combinations I did) and received results within the range I found. You can draw your own conclusions from the available data and or test a hypothesis by running through the desired combinations. I however believe there is enough of a sampling to satisfy my curiosity as to the range of the results that I shared.

No. I believe you're likely right. I just latched onto and got hung up on the possibility of some questions having inverted scoring seemingly being unaccounted for.

You could test it by applying a numerical value to the results and answers the most basic would be No = 1 and Always = 5 with results ranges 76+ Full, 51-75 Strong, 26-50 Moderate, and 1-25 Partial.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 6:49 pm

Moderate Empath

You are open and caring and may, at times, be a sponge for other people’s stress and joy. You may be sensitive to noise, smells, and excessive talking. You like to have alone time to replenish. You feel relaxed in nature and may enjoy long quiet baths. You may have the tendency to “over-give” to people, and you sometimes have a hard time saying “no.” Learning to set healthy limits and boundaries is an essential part of your self-care. Learning these skills will replenish your energy.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 7:22 pm

Strong empath

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Aug 2017, 9:14 pm

I get Strong Empath.

You are intuitive, caring, and you feel strongly for people and animals. You replenish yourself with alone time and often feel drained in crowds. You love peace and quiet as well as pleasing smells and music. Because you care so much for the world, you may be an emotional sponge at times. You may experience sensory overload when your schedule is hectic, or when you’re around draining people. At those times, you must decrease all stimulation and decompress to find your center again. You feel a lot of love for the world but also experience the pain of overstimulation. With self-care techniques such as meditation and visualization. You can become the master of of your overload and learn to decompress and find a comfort level quickly.

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 11:41 pm

So I did the test twice, about three hours apart. The first time I got moderate empath, the second time I got full fledged empath. Both times I felt like I was completely honest in answering the questions.

So I guess I take the average and call myself a strong empath?

Goth Fairy
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2017, 12:44 am

Partial Empath
You are sensitive in certain areas of your life, but you don't usually absorb energy from others. You may be sensitive to noise, scratchy clothes, or bright lights, but you probably don’t take on someone’s stress or anxiety into your own body. You care about the feelings of others, but their emotions don't usually feel overwhelming to you.

So according to kicker I got the lowest score. It's awesome you tested the test so thoroughly!

I guess they made partial the lowest so they didn't offend anyone by saying they had no empathy. I find it a bit rubbish that the explanation at this level just repeated back the answers I had just given. And yes, a lot of the questions have nothing to do with empathy. "Do I overeat to cope with stress?" No, because I find eating stressful so when I'm stressed I avoid food as much as I can. Scratchy clothes? Well yes, but nothing to do with empathy. Silly test. Fun though, thanks for sharing it. :)

Oh, yes, and I scored 7 on the highly sensitive test. I guess I barely notice the world around me unless it's physically touching me.

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2017, 2:33 am

Are we sure this isn't just an "autism" test? :)

Also, this:

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
No.
Quote:
"Your Email Address ___________________"

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 5:00 pm

xDominiel wrote:

Also, this:
No.
Quote:

I think that was a refusal to participate in the test because an email was needed for results but you can put a fake email in and still get the results.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:22 pm

My email address, for the test, was [email protected]

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 1:12 am

The only ones I said no to were the most important ones. Do I absorb other people's stress? No. Do I have a low threshold for pain? No. Only those two. I don't really care about other people that often, though I don't lack empathy. Far from that.

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 10:31 am

SaveFerris wrote:
xDominiel wrote:

Also, this:
No.
Quote:

I think that was a refusal to participate in the test because an email was needed for results but you can put a fake email in and still get the results.

Oh, welp. I figured they'd send you the result, along with spam for all eternity after that. :wink:

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:12 am

Partial Empath
You are sensitive in certain areas of your life, but you don't usually absorb energy from others. You may be sensitive to noise, scratchy clothes, or bright lights, but you probably don’t take on someone’s stress or anxiety into your own body. You care about the feelings of others, but their emotions don't usually feel overwhelming to you.

... yea

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 6:52 pm

They have me as full-fledged empath; or full-fledged sensitivity whatever it is. The assessment I had scored me as very low on empathy though.