Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2017, 8:24 am

With all these things everything is very exaggerated. I did well with the voice tests, but they do give you a choice of 4 options and to me the phrases spoken gave the game away anyway. I did less well at faces test and fell on the aspie side, but still not as difficult as I expected. I was stumped a few times, but mostly these facial expressions were exaggerated, and they almost told you the answers with the 4 choices. What did surprise me was how stressful I found it, I almost turned it off to go mow the lawn, I still feel a bit funny now.

I should stop doing these things, I am not sure how good they are for my head. I start to diagnose myself all over again< I have an official diagnosis, what more do I want?

http://aspietests.org

http://aspietests.org/facevoicefaces/index.php

BBC: Radio 4

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:26 am

I wish I could take then. It won't let me for some reason :( .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2017, 8:29 am

You should if you try from here: http://aspietests.org

I got a higher score for voices than either spies or NT's. The guy who is an aspie too did even better than I did, quite a bit better actually.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 10:19 am

Quote:
Test taken on 16 August 2017: You scored 66.0% in 23.2 seconds. Faces: 62.0% Voices: 70.0%

The average score for males with ASD is 70.2% in 11.5 seconds. Faces: 69.9% Voices: 70.5%
The average score for females with ASD is 69.4% in 11.0 seconds. Faces: 69.9% Voices: 68.8%
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 70.7% in 12.0 seconds. Faces: 73.1% Voices: 68.3%
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 71.8% in 11.3 seconds. Faces: 72.5% Voices: 71.1%
The average score for male neurotypicals is 72.1% in 12.5 seconds. Faces: 76.5% Voices: 67.7%
The average score for female neurotypicals is 75.1% in 10.9 seconds. Faces: 77.8% Voices: 72.5%

The annoying thing about these tests is when you change your mind on an answer and can't go back. That happened a few times with me. Also, my flash kept crashing so it took longer than you'd expect to get through the questions because I kept having to refresh the page.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 12:54 pm

Voxish wrote:
You should if you try from here: http://aspietests.org

I got a higher score for voices than either spies or NT's. The guy who is an aspie too did even better than I did, quite a bit better actually.

It won't work on this computer. I need some sort of plugin. I'll try a different one when I can.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 4:13 pm

i scored highly i guess. faces 80% voices 82%.

but i found it to be very overacted and obvious, whereas in real life communication expressions are much more subtle.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

seaweed wrote:
i scored highly i guess. faces 80% voices 82%.

but i found it to be very overacted and obvious, whereas in real life communication expressions are much more subtle.

Absolutely, that my take on it too those expressions are extreme, you are almost forced with the limited 4 choices to choice the right answer. This is even more the case with well educated high functioning adults, a puzzle is a puzzle after all and we solve all kind of things if we are given the opportunity to do so.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 4:44 pm

Damn, everyone so far has found this test easy but I actually found the face one a bit more difficult. I could probably get a better score if I re-did the test though. :/ Perhaps if I thought through my answers a bit more...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 7:29 pm

Faces: 68.0%

Voices: 78.0%

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 8:38 pm

Test taken on 16 August 2017: You scored 75.0% in 6.2 seconds. Faces: 70.0% Voices: 80.0%

The average score for males with ASD is 70.2% in 11.4 seconds. Faces: 69.9% Voices: 70.6%
The average score for females with ASD is 69.3% in 11.0 seconds. Faces: 69.9% Voices: 68.8%
The average score for males with suspected ASD is 70.7% in 12.0 seconds. Faces: 73.1% Voices: 68.3%
The average score for females with suspected ASD is 71.8% in 11.3 seconds. Faces: 72.5% Voices: 71.1%
The average score for male neurotypicals is 72.1% in 12.5 seconds. Faces: 76.5% Voices: 67.7%
The average score for female neurotypicals is 75.1% in 10.9 seconds. Faces: 77.8% Voices: 72.5%

Interesting to note that, at least among males, Aspies/ASD do better on voices than neurotypicals at the voices. In my case, I'm way above average on the voices, and right on the average for Aspies/ASD on faces.

For both the faces and voices, I felt like there were quite a few where the right answer wasn't listed.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 9:27 am

I have prosopagnosia (face blindness) so I always score in the low percentile of these kinds of tests.
Lots of people with autism have comorbids that affect their score on tests like these.
I'm better at recognizing voices.

EverythingAndNothing
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2017, 10:28 am

I had a hard time on the faces test but I still somehow got 86%. I found that when I watched the clips, I would think that they were portraying one thing but then none of the answers would fit that so I'd have to re-think things and change my response to something else. I'm not sure if I was supposed to have to really think it through, though, or if it was supposed to be natural? Even though I got a really high score, I don't think I could have figured many out without having choices available to narrow it down.

The voices I thought was really easy because you didn't have to pay attention to their tone of voice since they were giving it away with what they were saying.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2017, 11:09 am

Quote:
You scored 82.0% in 17.3 seconds. Faces: 84.0% Voices: 80.0%

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2017, 11:35 am

They are a bit rubbish these tests, they really are very exaggerated.I wondered if they are designed for kids?

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 11:37 am

Voxish wrote:
They are a bit rubbish these tests, they really are very exaggerated.I wondered if they are designed for kids?

If that's true, what in the Hell does that say about me? 8O

oddnumberedcat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 1:58 pm

I scored very well (82% for faces, 92% for voices), which is surprising since I don't think I read people terribly well. It does make me think, though; I think my difficulty with socializing isn't necessarily reading people's faces or voices, but rather intuiting ToM--what is a person likely thinking? How do they feel about a certain situation? How will they perceive what I say? I might be able to read their face for "big" emotions, but I don't reflexively jump into people's heads and see 'oh, they're going to feel XYZ because of ABC,' so I'm not on the look-out for subtle things.

In any case, I don't think this test was very well-designed.

The voice one would have been better had they made the actors say phrases that didn't necessarily match up to the emotion they were trying to say. If someone says something like, "Oh, god, this is terrible!", you can rule out that they're not "vibrant" or "reassured." I wasn't always sure of the answer based on the tone itself, but I was able to successfully intuit it from the phrase's content alone.

I also don't think people's facial expressions last for that long or are that exaggerated. If you say something that annoys other people, chances are, their mouth isn't agape and their eyebrows furrowed for two full seconds. Rather, they're more often microexpressions that last for just a fleeting second.