Baltimore: ALL Confederate Statues Have Now Been Removed

Page 25 of 57 [ 902 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 57  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 11:40 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
No statues are 'offensive'. Anyone who think the Civil war was good vs evil and all about slavery is in denial.

Anyone that thinks it was purely about state's rights is delusional, if it were they wouldn't have copied the Supremacy Clause from the United States Constitution to the confederate constitution pretty much word for word.

That doesn't mean it was about slavery.

Ah, but the narrative is that The War Between the States was all about slavery and nothing else, and that Robert E. Lee was a renowned slave beater. Go against that narrative and your a troll and a bully. :shameonyou:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 7:37 pm

Raptor wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
No statues are 'offensive'. Anyone who think the Civil war was good vs evil and all about slavery is in denial.

Anyone that thinks it was purely about state's rights is delusional, if it were they wouldn't have copied the Supremacy Clause from the United States Constitution to the confederate constitution pretty much word for word.

Ah, but the narrative is that The War Between the States was all about slavery and nothing else, and that Robert E. Lee was a renowned slave beater. Go against that narrative and your a troll and a bully. :shameonyou:

And then there's the "awful truth" to borrow a line from Michael Moore
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ee/529038/

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 10:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

And then there's the "awful truth" to borrow a line from Michael Moore
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ee/529038/

Moore is an idiot...

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 11:21 pm

Raptor wrote:

You are clearly trying to emulate intellectual-style rhetoric. You aren't doing so well because you are out of your depth.

You don't see me trying to lecture you on how to use a gun. That's probably your area of expertise. You probably shouldn't lecture us about history. That clearly isn't your area of expertise.

I don't think that anyone is saying that the Civil War was all about slavery. That was just the primary factor.

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe was popular in the United States in the years leading up to the Civil War. Coincidence?

The Confederate 50$ bill had a picture of slaves on it. Coincidence?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/CSA-T4-%2450-1861.jpg

The Civil War happened when Abe Lincoln was in office. He was famous for ending slavery above all else. Coincidence?

The states that joined the Confederacy were all slave states. Coincidence?

The KKK was formed after the Civil War ended. They wore white robes because they wanted to look like ghosts of confederate soldiers. Coincidence?

The American south continues to be behind the rest of the country on racial issues. Coincidence?

Admit it. You are using "harsh" language to crudely conceal your massive butthurt. Everyone here can see right through you. You aren't actually amused. You are learning that the southerners were the bad guys during the Civil War, and you just can't emotionally cope with that.

"One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear. "
- Friedrich Nietzsche

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 2:04 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Raptor wrote:

You are clearly trying to emulate intellectual-style rhetoric. You aren't doing so well because you are out of your depth.

You don't see me trying to lecture you on how to use a gun. That's probably your area of expertise. You probably shouldn't lecture us about history. That clearly isn't your area of expertise.

I don't think that anyone is saying that the Civil War was all about slavery. That was just the primary factor.

Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe was popular in the United States in the years leading up to the Civil War. Coincidence?

The Civil War happened when Abe Lincoln was in office. He was famous for ending slavery above all else. Coincidence?

The KKK was formed after the Civil War ended. They wore white robes because they wanted to look like ghosts of confederate soldiers. Coincidence?

The American south continues to be behind the rest of the country on racial issues. Coincidence?

Admit it. You are using "harsh" language to crudely conceal your massive butthurt. Everyone here can see right through you. You aren't actually amused. You are learning that the southerners were the bad guys during the Civil War, and you just can't emotionally cope with that.

"One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear. "
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Me pretending to be an intellectual? Cupcake, let me let you in on a little secret. I'm a conservative, and as such we take great pleasure in beating up intellectuals, not in emulating them.

Know your enemy

traven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 3:11 am

Raptor wrote:

Me pretending to be an intellectual? Cupcake, let me let you in on a little secret. I'm a conservative, and as such we take great pleasure in beating up intellectuals, not in emulating them.

Know your enemy

this 'conservatism' seems more aimed at feeding the trolls, btw
any sockpuppet's double?

we'll see if it gets deleted, hé

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 11:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
The local county in Dallas have made a sensible decision in the interest of maintaining civil law and order to remove such an offensive statue.

It may be a "lump of concrete" but it dedicates/glorifies what Robert E Lee fought for which is offensive in this modern era. Racists who want public monuments can "happily" visit museums where they can view other creepy things like KKK white sheets and pictures of lynchings which were a hallmark of the era they yearn for...

Then you should remove your offensive lumps of concrete.Australia's white invaders treated (and still do )the Aborginal people terrible.What right do you have to b***h about our race relations?Its like the pot calling the kettle black.Stop complaining to us about our mistreatment of the slaves,you all were just as awful to the natives that inhabitanted that land long before your lily white asses showed up.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... rethinking

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 11:46 am

Raptor wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Raptor wrote:

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Know your enemy

Then you should know yours.
In RL or just message boards? :P
Intellectuals usually don't get their hands dirty "beating" someone up.There are other options if you have a brain to utilize.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:41 pm

Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The local county in Dallas have made a sensible decision in the interest of maintaining civil law and order to remove such an offensive statue.

It may be a "lump of concrete" but it dedicates/glorifies what Robert E Lee fought for which is offensive in this modern era. Racists who want public monuments can "happily" visit museums where they can view other creepy things like KKK white sheets and pictures of lynchings which were a hallmark of the era they yearn for...

Then you should remove your offensive lumps of concrete.Australia's white invaders treated (and still do )the Aborginal people terrible.What right do you have to b***h about our race relations?Its like the pot calling the kettle black.Stop complaining to us about our mistreatment of the slaves,you all were just as awful to the natives that inhabitanted that land long before your lily white asses showed up.

The native people of Australia are actually in the same position as native people in your country. What is different is that Australia didn't have a slave driven economy, our colonists had to do all the work in building this nation fromthe ground up.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 4:43 pm

Raptor wrote:
I'm a conservative, and as such we take great pleasure in beating up intellectuals, not in emulating them.

ROFL! :D which translates to conservatives are not intellectuals

Thanks for the clarification raptor

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 9:42 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The native people of Australia are actually in the same position as native people in your country. What is different is that Australia didn't have a slave driven economy, our colonists had to do all the work in building this nation fromthe ground up.

Not all of America had a economy based on slavery,not every old building here was built by a slave,and not all slaves were black in the beginning of this nation.Many white people indentured themselves to come to America.You are splitting hairs.You used your Natives like slaves.We just infected ours with diseases and sent them to starve on reservations.You all found a free source of slaves,ones you didn't have to purchase,you just went and snatched them up.After all wh***y had more important things for them to do than to sit around in the desert.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 11:04 pm

traven wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Know your enemy

this 'conservatism' seems more aimed at feeding the trolls, btw
any sockpuppet's double?

Gotta feed 'em to keep 'em around for the lulz.
:lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 11:07 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I'm a conservative, and as such we take great pleasure in beating up intellectuals, not in emulating them.

Well think about it; aren't all conservatives Nazis according to the left?
And don't Nazi's, past and present, resent intellectualism?
Not much to clarify, really...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:45 am

Misslizard wrote:
You used your Natives like slaves.You all found a free source of slaves,ones you didn't have to purchase,you just went and snatched them up

You are referring to the practice of "blackbirding" where farmers in Queensland abducted Melanesian islanders and forced them into indentured work as sugar cane cutters. I don't think you can compare the scale of this practice to the millions of Africans forced into slavery where conditions were far worse...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 1:48 am

Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Well think about it; aren't all conservatives Nazis according to the left?
And don't Nazi's, past and present, resent intellectualism?
Not much to clarify, really...

Jospeh Mengele and Albert Speer were nazis and intellectuals, but for the most part a lot of books were burned in bonfires
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_book_burnings

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You used your Natives like slaves.You all found a free source of slaves,ones you didn't have to purchase,you just went and snatched them up

You are referring to the practice of "blackbirding" where farmers in Queensland abducted Melanesian islanders and forced them into indentured work as sugar cane cutters. I don't think you can compare the scale of this practice to the millions of Africans forced into slavery where conditions were far worse...

You didn't just use people for sugar cane,and you kept using them till 1970.
Own up to the fact your culture is just as guilty as ours.
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news-an ... muhg3.html