Baltimore: ALL Confederate Statues Have Now Been Removed

Page 26 of 57 [ 902 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 57  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 9:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You used your Natives like slaves.You all found a free source of slaves,ones you didn't have to purchase,you just went and snatched them up

You are referring to the practice of "blackbirding" where farmers in Queensland abducted Melanesian islanders and forced them into indentured work as sugar cane cutters. I don't think you can compare the scale of this practice to the millions of Africans forced into slavery where conditions were far worse...

You didn't just use people for sugar cane,and you kept using them till 1970.
Own up to the fact your culture is just as guilty as ours.
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news-an ... muhg3.html

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:06 pm

I would build a hitler statue in my front yard to make up :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 4:43 pm

Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
You used your Natives like slaves.You all found a free source of slaves,ones you didn't have to purchase,you just went and snatched them up

You are referring to the practice of "blackbirding" where farmers in Queensland abducted Melanesian islanders and forced them into indentured work as sugar cane cutters. I don't think you can compare the scale of this practice to the millions of Africans forced into slavery where conditions were far worse...

You didn't just use people for sugar cane,and you kept using them till 1970.
Own up to the fact your culture is just as guilty as ours.
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news-an ... muhg3.html

Again (while the practice was unacceptable) it pertained to aboriginals of mixed race who were taken away under the misguided guise of integrating them into Australian society. I don't think you can compare the scale of the enterprise (however unpalatable) to slavery in the US and South America.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 5:42 pm

/\Oh BS.Salami is still salami no matter how thin you slice it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 1:43 am

Misslizard wrote:

Yes but putting it in perspective it's like comparing a slice of salami with an entire pigsty (which is not a bad metaphor for the historic practice of slavery in the US)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 10:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Yes but putting it in perspective it's like comparing a slice of salami with an entire pigsty (which is not a bad metaphor for the historic practice of slavery in the US)

We abolished slavery in the 1800's,yet you still kept abusing the aboriginal people till 1970. :roll: We may have had more,but you kept it up longer.And you didn't want the world to know what you did.
https://www.publicintegrity.org/2001/01 ... d-genocide

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 4:32 pm

Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

We abolished slavery in the 1800's,yet you still kept abusing the aboriginal people till 1970. :roll: We may have had more,but you kept it up longer.And you didn't want the world to know what you did.

Lets put it this way, aborigines and African Americans weren't recognised as human beings till the mid 1960s, that's not something to pursue a "oneupmanship" over

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 6:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Lets put it this way, aborigines and African Americans weren't recognised as human beings till the mid 1960s, that's not something to pursue a "oneupmanship" over

Of course not, but stop commenting on how bad Americas's past and present race relations are when your nation's behavior was just as reprehensible.Have you pulled your Aborgine massacring old white dude statues down yet?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 1:50 am

Misslizard wrote:
Of course not, but stop commenting on how bad Americas's past and present race relations are when your nation's behavior was just as reprehensible.Have you pulled your Aborgine massacring old white dude statues down yet?

As a matter of fact we have addressed these issues one by one
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Brown

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 9:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

As a matter of fact we have addressed these issues one by one
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Brown

So are we.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 6:53 pm

Those who have said that black statues should now come-down----though it's not in the same vein, exactly----you just might get your wish:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/pe ... vew4arzz73

A petition for the removal of the Ray Lewis statue, outside Ravens' Stadium, has gotten more than 25,000 signatures. The call for the removal of the statue, is in response to Ray Lewis not standing for the national anthem, Sunday.

SportingNews.com wrote:
After warning Colin Kaepernick to keep quiet about social activism earlier this year, ​former Ravens great Ray Lewis knelt during the playing of the national anthem Sunday with current members of the team.

Lewis said Tuesday his decision to kneel on both knees was to "simply honor God in the midst of chaos." He was criticized for the anthem demonstration by both Kaepernick supporters and those who believe Lewis and the Ravens were disrespecting the flag.

The latter launched a petition Sunday to remove Lewis' statue from M&T Bank Stadium, saying on Change.org that kneeling during the anthem is "disrespectful, regardless of what you are protesting."

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 12:38 am

ampin_Cat"]Those who have said that black statues should now come-down----though it's not in the same vein, exactly----you just might get your wish:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/pe ... vew4arzz73

A petition for the removal of the Ray Lewis statue, outside Ravens' Stadium, has gotten more than 25,000 signatures. The call for the removal of the statue, is in response to Ray Lewis not standing for the national anthem, Sunday.

SportingNews.com wrote:
After warning Colin Kaepernick to keep quiet about social activism earlier this year, ​former Ravens great Ray Lewis knelt during the playing of the national anthem Sunday with current members of the team.

Lewis said Tuesday his decision to kneel on both knees was to "simply honor God in the midst of chaos." He was criticized for the anthem demonstration by both Kaepernick supporters and those who believe Lewis and the Ravens were disrespecting the flag.

The latter launched a petition Sunday to remove Lewis' statue from M&T Bank Stadium, saying on Change.org that kneeling during the anthem is "disrespectful, regardless of what you are protesting."

[/quote]

...What " black statues " were we speaking of before this came up?
And where's the outrage at " ob, boo hoo, they're our heritage " and " they'rs so beautiful " that the pro-public land Confederate statues camp were aiming at the idea of those statues being displayed on public land?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 5:41 pm

ASS-P wrote:
What "black statues" were we speaking of before this came up?

A couple of different people, on this very thread, said that if all of the Confederate statues had to come-down, then, so too, should all of the black statues.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 6:06 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
What "black statues" were we speaking of before this came up?

A couple of different people, on this very thread, said that if all of the Confederate statues had to come-down, then, so too, should all of the black statues.

Except that Martin Luther King was a great and inspirational leader. Robert E Lee was a slaver with little redeeming features other than being a war monger who killed his fellow Americans

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 6:15 pm

^ not even gonna argue that at this point. The message is that if you don't want your stuff messed with then don't mess with other folks' stuff. It's just that simple.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 6:27 pm

Raptor wrote:
^ not even gonna argue that at this point. The message is that if you don't want your stuff messed with then don't mess with other folks' stuff. It's just that simple.

meaning?