Baltimore: ALL Confederate Statues Have Now Been Removed

Page 27 of 57 [ 902 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 57  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 6:27 pm

Raptor wrote:
^ not even gonna argue that at this point. The message is that if you don't want your stuff messed with then don't mess with other folks' stuff. It's just that simple.

meaning?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
^ not even gonna argue that at this point. The message is that if you don't want your stuff messed with then don't mess with other folks' stuff. It's just that simple.

meaning?

Meaning if you don't want black or other statues messed with don't mess with confederates statues.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:14 pm

Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

meaning?

Meaning if you don't want black or other statues messed with don't mess with confederates statues.

There's an MLK head bust in the oval office...good luck with getting that removed

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

meaning?

There's an MLK head bust in the oval office...good luck with getting that removed

Where did I say I wanted any statue or bust removed.
Find it please.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

meaning?

Find it please.

Didn't mean you...I was speaking rhetorically :roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

meaning?

Find it please.

Didn't mean you...I was speaking rhetorically :roll:

Mmm hm.....it's pretty clear the conclusion you and some others have come to about some of us on the other side of the aisle.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 7:44 pm

Raptor wrote:
Mmm hm.....it's pretty clear the conclusion you and some others have come to about some of us on the other side of the aisle.

nahh don't take it personally

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 11:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

nahh don't take it personally

My feelings have been hurt and I'm going to cry myself to sleep.
Bully!
:cry:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 3:05 am

ote="Raptor"]

cyberdad wrote:
Raptor wrote:

meaning?

Meaning if you don't want black or other statues messed with don't mess with confederates statues.[/quote]

...The defenders of the Confederate statues seem to say " they're for everyone " but now you seem to say/ admit " they''re statues for white peopls "? Hello :? ?
Oh, and there were NO statues of black people (or next to none) for generations, whild those "N. we're on top now " stating stachie-watchies were up for generations...Someone like that " Luther C**n " guy who was leading a lawsuit to force the stachies to stay on public land could perhaps spend his money on a theme park? Say... " Heritageland, USA(R) "? Where they could have daily burnt offerings of fried chicken and mint juleps to the stachies, as Rebels gaze worshipfully at the statues and engage, presumably, In a Christianity/ancestor worship combination :twisted: :P ? All the time saying " IT WASN'T ABOHT SLAVERY! "?:roll:
The "C**n " guy could put Heritageland next to that Creationist theme park for for a package deal! :mrgreen: Why, at Heritageland, they could have daily minstrel shows, like in that Judy Garland/Mickey Rooney movie I linked to...A whole high-steppin' chorus line of bucks in white top hats strumming banjos to " Waiting For The Robert E. Lee "! :) :mrgreen:
It could just be a regular ol' JUBILEE every day of the week! And all it takes is PRIVATE LAND :x .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 2:51 pm

Dallas City Council inundated with scathing messages, threats over Lee statue's removal

Stonewall Jackson Monument Vandalized at Manassas Park

Put the statues in a museum they say. While many truly mean that for others it just a way to get the other side to give an inch so they can take a mile.

A memorial battlefield park is an outdoor museum.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 5:19 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Dallas City Council inundated with scathing messages, threats over Lee statue's removal

Stonewall Jackson Monument Vandalized at Manassas Park

Put the statues in a museum they say. While many truly mean that for others it just a way to get the other side to give an inch so they can take a mile.

A memorial battlefield park is an outdoor museum.

...I think that the. presence/absence of the Confederat statues on public land (I lost a first draft of this BTW :cry: ) is nof an issue that there can be much compromise about - the statue-lovers want them up there FOREVER (and some have been putting new ones up), the statue-haters want them GONE. Their interests are 180 degrees opposed :x .
I don't think taking 50% down will lead to everyone holding hands and singing " Everythinv Is Beautiful " while playing Grateful Dead hacky-sack and smoking kind bud! :lol: :nerdy: :mrgreen:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 1:33 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

As with most articles, I find the Comments to be even MORE informative. One of the posters, in the first article, gave several examples of black people killing other black people, and said, something like: "No Confederate statue and no White Supremacist was responsible for this killing"----and, I have to agree with that, since so many people's argument is that these statues are hurtful to black people; but, IMO, there's NO WAY they could be said to be as hurtful, as what some black people are, to their OWN people.

Here's another gem, from the Comments (1st article):

Then, the second article, had THIS comment:

"
And the Leftists wonder why they are not taken seriously, and only as Anarchists and America Haters?. Their Intolerant Violent ways are turning America off."----'course, maybe, the only way we'll know for sure, will be after the Mid-terms, next year; but the POINT, IMO, is that some people on the Left seem to be refusing to see what damage, they're doin' (maybe, irreparable).

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 3:19 pm

...I must say that the endless " BUT WHAT ABOUT BLACK-ON-BLACK VIOLENCE??!" by the statue-lovers, football fans, no doubt etc....is repititious. And what have the statue-lovers done about it? Most Caucasian violence is " white-on-white ", FTM. Violence tends to be committed on people nearby, it's based on proximity.
As for the incidents of proven and alleged police misconduct that inspired the NFL protests...police are NOT SUPPOSED to commit improprieties! Society agrees that ghetto crime, and suburbia crime for that matter, is deplorable, there is a consensus about that.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:00 am

Teddy Roosevelt Statue Vandalized Outside Museum Of Natural History

Quote:
A statue of Teddy Roosevelt outside the American Museum of Natural History has been vandalized.

Police said blood red paint was splattered on the base of the monument at the museum entrance on Central Park West and 79th Street sometime overnight.

A wall left of the statue was also defaced.

The bastards are going to win because it is impossible and too expensive to protect every commemoration. Even if this was done by apolitical teen vandals out for a kick they probably got the idea of hitting a statue of a historical figure from the news. It is still a victory for the illiberal left.

I am even more convinced about what I said earlier in this thread it is only a matter of time before graves are targeted. In the recent Ken Burns documentary "The Vietnam War" they showed the communists after they won covering up and bulldozing graves.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:43 am

Graves have already been targeted by hate groups.
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... vandalized

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 1:12 pm

...You know, if those Dsughters Of the Confederacy groups took some statues...they coulld have " just us girls " wanking sessions staring up at the statues of generals and imagine they'rd in the arms of Clark Gable! (or Adolphe Menjou or Robert Montgomery :P ) They could use yams to gratify themselves, like Karen Finley did (My mother's home county in East Texas had thid annual Yamboree), have mass J/O sessions...but this time, reclaim female sexuality FOR the patriarchy 8) :mrgreen: :wink: :P !