When did you know your social skills are poor ?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 10:31 am

I would say what Hurtloam said is probably true for most threads here.

People know that, sometimes, actual "solutions" might not be possible. So they seek a "commonality" with someone else which could be quite soothing.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 11:06 am

You can't measure social skills.

So maybe you find you have poor social skills

But that is just perceptive and opinion

Your social skills could be better or worse than you think and feel

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 11:27 am

I'm not sure if this was due to my social skills, but I recall saying hi to a girl on the first day of school when I was seven that I went to summer camp with the previous summer and her turning to her friend that she was with and saying "Everybody hates her because she's weird". I was diagnosed at three but that was the first time I realized that I was really different.

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Aug 2017, 11:48 am

I was diagnosed as a child, so I learned that I had poor social skills when I was ten or so. I also knew my behavior at elementary school was not normal back then (basically interrupting the teacher all the time..)

(btw. what's the exact English expression for when you start talking in class without being asked? I tried some google searches, but couldn't find an expression for it...)

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 11:54 am

Probably when school made me take part in what was dubbed "shyness class" by others, and it was mandatory for certain students (I was one of said students). They basically just stuck a bunch of us in a room together and made us do silly trust exercises with each other until we talked to other students in the class. :D