Eclipse Monday the 21st - haven't seen a thread about it

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 7:47 am

Hey Y'all;
Eclipse Monday the 21st - haven't seen a thread about it.
Given this little farm burg is right under the middle of it it is a big deal here.

Am wondering how our weather will shape up.
So far the forecast is:

Quote:
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 70.
Monday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Monday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 74. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 8:22 am

Where I live rains a lot and quite unpredictably, especially this time of year. So I hope that our 20% chance of rain forecast means it won't rain and block it. We don't get complete totality, but pretty close. I've been waiting for this since 2010.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 8:23 am

I have my glasses ready :D !

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 8:28 am

I wasn't going to get the glasses because I was going to stay home and out of the crowding and because I didn't want to take any risk to my eyes at all, bad luck, accidents, and such; my body has enough difficulties as is. But then a 70 year old neighbor asked me if I could get some glasses for them so I went out looking.
Our bank has had them but ran out last week. Yesterday I found out the Chamber of Commerce had some for $1 and the public library has some for free. Got one for the neighbors from Chamber of commerce and ended up getting one from library as a souvenir for me.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 8:52 am

The full eclipse is happening right over where I grew up, and I'd really like to travel home for it but I have to work :( We'll get a partial eclipse here but it would be great to be able to see the whole thing!!