Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 9:49 am

Sometimes retail therapy helps me but when it goes bad, it can be a real downer.

A co-worker told me about a record store in Austin called Encore Records and how great it was. Well, my experience there was nothing like he described. The owner of the store just grumbled "Hi...." behind the desk with his dog when I entered and when I asked about parking (I saw a sign that said you had to pay to park but I didn't know where to pay), he sternly replied "You pay the city over there. Or you can park in the area behind the store." I decided to do the latter and went back in. The owner still grumbled behind the desk, not bothering to ask if he could help with anything. I looked among the shelves and the offerings for pretty much every band was pretty scant. After walking around one of the aisles, I felt something sticking to my shoe. To my surprise, I looked down and saw that I had just stepped in fresh (literal) dog s**t! The owner had let his dog defecate on the floor and did nothing about it. I immediately decided the store had three strikes and left. Needless to say, that store didn't get a new customer.

A friend of mine really wanted to attend a Magic The Gathering booster night and had me drive him to the comic book store where it was being held. When we went up to the counter to register, the owner of the store would get mad if he asked a question and I didn't give him the answer he wanted. I got a bad taste in my mouth from the get go and lost any interest in playing Magic.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Aug 2017, 12:46 am

I had a very bad experience buying a car. I was 20 and was told I had to pay over sticker and had to buy accessories that the brochure said were optional.

I really wanted the car at the time so I did. Now I know that was all sales men lies taking advantage of a young person. Really I had the power to walk away and I bet they would have changed their tune. "oh well maybe you don't need the extra floor mats sir".

I have since worked in a car dealership and it only confirmed to me that yes indeed many sales men are scum. You would probably be shocked how rudely they speak about customers behind ours backs.