Meh, whatever, I'm outta here.

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2017, 6:02 am

fifasy wrote:
I'm Jewish and I just want to say thank you for fighting the neo-Nazis.

Ugh...I'm way out in Australia and I'm Buddhist and I want to thank you for fighting the neo-Nazis too!

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2017, 6:46 pm

Why does anybody need to fight anybody though? Theyre just misguided idiots looking for attention. Why not just ignore them?

bobchaos
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Aug 2017, 10:45 am

Victor, when extremists of any kind are ignored they'll find a way to get talked about and to progress their agenda. If, as a society, we do not reject their behaviors, then public perception of these behaviors will slowly drift towards "acceptable". While 1940 germans had mostly no clue what was happening in concentration camps and were horrified at the discovery, they still decided to go along with all sorts of other anti-jew (and anti-polish and anti-not-germanic in general) behaviors because influent people told them those people were a problem for a solid decade and no on opposed those influencers in any meaningful way.

Opposing neo-nazis is not just about "educating the ignorant", it's about determining who we are as a people, as nations. The USA was founded by immigrants on values of openness (mostly ;) for the sake of this argument we'll forget about the Indian wars and the slavery bit as one might argue those were standard for the era), you need to fight them because they are attacking the core values of your nation. They wanna be openly nazis? They can go do it in the Philippines, I hear they have a voice over there nowadays (provided you replace "jew" with "drug addict").

B19
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 3:45 pm

I think they would interpret silence as consent (and affirmation) even though silence is never consent.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Aug 2017, 5:28 pm

Yeah, I get that I suppose. We had similar riots here in the UK the English defence league were demonstrating all over the place years back. They were a comparable group to these neo Nazi movements.

The edl thrived on violent demonstrations; that was their platform of choice. There were large counter-protests and these usually turned ugly and made it into the media. This played into their hands as it gave them a quasi-relevence they didn't deserve.

I understand a moral imperative to oppose, but ive never been a believer of doing it on their terms. Its better to choose the battlefield, and to take them where theyre weak.

With groups like this its usually their half-baked political views.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2017, 8:01 pm

Good luck, if you ask me this site is to friendly to autism. Arguing online doesn't make things better or worse. It's online.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 10:41 pm

I'll miss you, please come back! I haven't seen the threads you argued in; I should check them out and maybe I can help. I know autistics have just as much right to exist as everyone else. Some people who don't think so don't really mean it at all; they're just angry or sad or scared or embarrassed about their problems.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2017, 11:27 pm

This embarrassing thread started with a sprained wrist. Then a Percocet prescription. Then me trying to debate politics while on a prescription narcotic. This thread should probably die.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2017, 11:59 pm

Want it locked?

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 4:01 am

It was locked. :)