"Six Flags", Texas Says "NO" to Confederate Flag Removal

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:51 pm

TMZ just reported that "Six Flags" in Texas said they will NOT be removing their Confederate States of America flag----and, when TMZ called and asked them about it, they said something to the effect of, that it was different (different than the flag with the "X"), and that their customers knew the difference.

I say "WOO-HOO", that someone stood-up for what they want----cuz, IMO, the whole POINT (or, at least, a PART of the point), is that the people who don't like these Confederate symbols, are saying "Respect my right, to not see them"; BUT, they're not respecting the people's right, who want to HAVE them. So----what----one side has to give-up their right, but the other side gets THEIR'S?

Here's the flag they have:

...and, they say it's different from the one, with which most are more familiar:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:26 pm

It would be a gesture of good will if they ditch the flag. Why are they are "hell bent" on keeping it?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:47 pm

/\ Cuz they WANT to----and, they have a RIGHT to!!

Like I said, on another thread: The people who want these Confederate symbols taken-down, have the right to say that----BUT, then, the people who want to HAVE them, ALSO have a right; so, I'm thinking the FAIR way to handle this, is that the people, who don't wanna see them, should stay-away from where they are being displayed.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 4:54 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
/\ Cuz they WANT to----and, they have a RIGHT to!!

Like I said, on another thread: The people who want these Confederate symbols taken-down, have the right to say that----BUT, then, the people who want to HAVE them, ALSO have a right; so, I'm thinking the FAIR way to handle this, is that the people, who don't wanna see them, should stay-away from where they are being displayed.

Exactly. It seems that constitutional rights aren't shared equally by some people. When I hear others say that they want less rights for others, but more rights for themselves, I laugh at them. :lol:

I also remember that they don't know their Constitution, and avoid them from then on.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2017, 5:03 pm

cyberdad wrote:
It would be a gesture of good will if they ditch the flag. Why are they are "hell bent" on keeping it?

Why does *anyone* care about flags? Would you mind if you were told to ditch the US flag in shame of foreign wars?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 6:03 pm

xDominiel wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Why does *anyone* care about flags? Would you mind if you were told to ditch the US flag in shame of foreign wars?

He's Australian----so, I'm thinkin' the chances are GOOD, that he doesn't have a U.S. flag; but, I'd like to pose the question to him, in HIS language, so-to-speak.....

cyberdad: Would you mind if you were told to ditch the Australian flag, in shame of foreign wars?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 6:13 pm

xDominiel wrote:
Would you mind if you were told to ditch the US flag in shame of foreign wars?

Now, I'll answer it, for MYSELF..... YES, I WOULD mind if someone told me to ditch the U.S. flag!! It's about MORE than a big ol' rectangle of material----it's a representation of our ENTIRE country, and ALL of its citizens!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 6:21 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
The people who want these Confederate symbols taken-down, have the right to say that----BUT, then, the people who want to HAVE them, ALSO have a right; so, I'm thinking the FAIR way to handle this, is that the people, who don't wanna see them, should stay-away from where they are being displayed.

Exactly. It seems that constitutional rights aren't shared equally by some people. When I hear others say that they want less rights for others, but more rights for themselves, I laugh at them. :lol:

I also remember that they don't know their Constitution, and avoid them from then on.

That last sentence, there, sounds like a good plan!!

IMO, it's no different, really, from changing the channel, if one doesn't like the program----or, not reading whatever book, instead of banning it (cuz we all know how well banning, works----NOT)! !

Another thing that really concerns me, is that with whiners, you give 'em an inch, and they'll want a mile, the next time. I can't really disagree with President Trump's statement about "Who's it gonna be, next week----George Washington?"----the first thing that came to my mind, when I heard that, was Mount Rushmore.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 10:45 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
xDominiel wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

He's Australian----so, I'm thinkin' the chances are GOOD, that he doesn't have a U.S. flag; but, I'd like to pose the question to him, in HIS language, so-to-speak.....

cyberdad: Would you mind if you were told to ditch the Australian flag, in shame of foreign wars?

Um, not to name any names but it's not impossible for someone to claim that they live in a country that they actually don't just to distance themselves from the US in the minds of others. There are a lot of anti-American Americans. Not enough free stuff here, I guess....

Back to the flag: There are a number of Confederate flags and the ones other than the stars-n-bars won't be recognized for what they are. The enemies of freedom aren't that knowledgeable.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2017, 11:04 pm

I hate to say it, but....I've never met anyone from Texas that I've liked. All the people I've met from there seem to have this gross attitude about things being "bigger and better" in Texas, die hard republicans, ultra conservative, religious nut jobs. Again, these are only the people I've MET. I'm not saying everyone from there is like that, but all of the people I've met from there have been like that. But ya, I could really care less what Texas does. I'm from California so I guess I'd be considered a liberal hippy. :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 11:07 pm

This flag should satisfy everyone.
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us_afrcs.html

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 12:03 am

Stardust Parade wrote:
I hate to say it, but....I've never met anyone from Texas that I've liked. All the people I've met from there seem to have this gross attitude about things being "bigger and better" in Texas, die hard republicans, ultra conservative, religious nut jobs. Again, these are only the people I've MET. I'm not saying everyone from there is like that, but all of the people I've met from there have been like that. But ya, I could really care less what Texas does. I'm from California so I guess I'd be considered a liberal hippy. :lol:

Political independent, slightly right-of-center, passive Lutheran here.

People in Texas, California, or any other state are greatly varied in terms of ideologies.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 1:46 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad: Would you mind if you were told to ditch the Australian flag, in shame of foreign wars?[/b][/color]

I personally like the union jack although I think a floral emblem like the New Zealand flag is the way to go. Australia has some unique flora such as wattles, kangaroo paw and bottlebrush that would make great emblem

For Texas why don't they have a yellow rose or blue bonnett on the flag. I think there is a more stronger connection to the land when you have animals on a coat of arms or flora

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 12:20 pm

Raptor wrote:
There are a lot of anti-American Americans.

UGH, I know----and that's even more despicable than anti-American NON-Americans, IMO.

Raptor wrote:
Back to the flag: There are a number of Confederate flags and the ones other than the stars-n-bars won't be recognized for what they are. The enemies of freedom aren't that knowledgeable.

I appreciate your posting that video----but, I can't watch it, cuz I have limited bandwidth. I imagine, however, that it contains the information, found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

I've been looking at these flags, for YEARS, and dreamin' of the day I can afford to get one, for my apartment----almost EVERYONE I knew, when I was a kid, had one in their truck, or home, or yard, or SOMEWHERE. I would RATHER just have the "Confederate Rebel" flag (aka the Navy Jack - the rectangular one, with the "X" - and it would be DOUBLY good, IMO, cuz I was in the Navy)----but, that's the one MOST recognized, for what it is (a Confederate symbol), and because all the maintenance men are black, I don't think it would be a good idea. It's a shame people can't have, what they want----ESPECIALLY, in their own, friggin' house----but, my UNslit throat is probably better. LOL On-second-thought----maybe that'd be a good way t'go, though----standin'-up, for what I want.....

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 12:30 pm

Misslizard wrote:
This flag should satisfy everyone.
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us_afrcs.html

It wouldn't satisfy ME!! (Unless you mean that black people can have that one, to fly above black establishments.) IMO, that flag, is MORE divisive than the Confederate Rebel flag, cuz it "says" ONLY "black people and the South"----at least the "Confederate Rebel" says "EVERYBODY in the South".

Last edited by Campin_Cat on 18 Aug 2017, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 12:33 pm

Stardust Parade wrote:

Speaking as a Texan who is also anti-Bible Belt, I never saw Californian culture as being hippy-like growing up. I saw it being more rough due to skateboarding, hardcore punk (especially Black Flag and Bad Religion), and thrash metal coming from there. Outside from Austin and some less Bible Belty areas, I abhor Texas culture. Country music, Wal-Mart, roadkill, smell of gasoline, urine, beer, cigarettes, and vomit in the air in some places, and STDs as well as domestic violence despite the heavy Baptist presence is sickening to the core.