Mac 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Microsoft 47%  47%  [ 7 ]
Linex 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 15

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2017, 5:27 pm

Do we think that there is a predominate operating system which aspires prefer?

I don't like Microsoft, its a magnet for hackers and I don't find Windows 10 very user friendly.
I was a big fan of Linex, until I was was offered a Mac for very reasonable money, now I am addicted to them.

BBC: Radio 4

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 6:54 pm

I'm quite impressed by Linux Mint and to a lesser degree MX Linux, but haven't really taken to any other distros.

I prefer to stick with Windows most of the time. Win 7 and Win 8.1 are very reliable and efficient. I've had a brief look at Win 10, don't really have a strong opinion about it as yet.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 6:45 am

Antergos Linux. It's basically Arch Linux with an easy to use installer. I also really liked Windows XP and stuck with it way longer than most people, but it's obsolete for use as a daily OS.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2017, 1:02 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Antergos Linux. It's basically Arch Linux with an easy to use the installer. I also really liked Windows XP and stuck with it way longer than most people, but it's obsolete for use as a daily OS.

Oh, I agree, XP was great, really easy to use and stable too. Vista was pants, just awful. My aspie issue with windows is that they keep changing where everything is, why do they do that? I know they want to add cools things, speed things up, fix bugs and keep everything safe yadda, yadda, but why do they have to move everything around all the time.

Give me a Mac every time.

I did like Ubuntu I have to say when I was running that. My son is a Java programmer (and an Aspie) he loves Linux, but then when he comes home at night he spends the rest of the evening writing code

BBC: Radio 4

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 6:45 pm

Voxish wrote:
Oh, I agree, XP was great, really easy to use and stable too. Vista was pants, just awful. My aspie issue with windows is that they keep changing where everything is, why do they do that? I know they want to add cools things, speed things up, fix bugs and keep everything safe yadda, yadda, but why do they have to move everything around all the time.

I have that issue with software UIs as well. My Firefox setup is pretty oldschool looking, as it's what I'm used to using. I'm really hoping that once Firefox 52 ESR is EOL'd, I won't be forced to give up Classic Theme Restorer.