Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

SGDragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2017, 7:33 pm

Lol, that was a topic title to catch the eyes of anyone who knows Japanese enuf to say, "What? She's saying she looks like a duck?"

I've studied Japanese a long time, but it's been self-study...Not much chance to bounce what I've learned off of someone who may know more. Plus, books can only represent how a language is ACTUALLY spoken so much, you know?

So I'm looking to chat with other Nihongo learners, or heck...native speakers if there is any ^^ Most help would be with particles, esp. ones with multiple meanings like "ni".
I study and study em, but still unsure. Like what i wrote, for example...would there be a "wo" after ahiru, or would it be ommited? Or should it even be there at all, lol \xD?

Be great to bounce these questions off of, and practice WITH, someone with more knowledge :) "Fine-tune" my fundamentals, ya kno ;D?

Yeeaah, I kno...should go to a forum more dedicated to such things as languages, buuut...I'm so VERY aspi, thought I'd try here first :)

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 9:09 am

I did study for a little while using rosetta stone and even finished the program. I haven't used it since moving though and I'm out of practice big time xD The wo could be omitted if you wanted to be more casual about it but that's more a thing in spoken Japanese as opposed to written Japanese. Do you use ameblo or pigg? That helps quite a bit, I've been studying on and off for 9 years and did rosetta stone for about a year and finished a couple months back.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 9:48 am

Watashi studied nihongo for a while, took a class and bought some courses. I can still remember some of it.

I'm interested in Japan, started with cute girls when i was 20 something, but eventually it grew with food, culture, ninjutsu and sengoku-jidai history. Met up with a girl from western Japan, but we never clicked. I did show her some parts of Sweden and i tried my best to speak with her, but most of the time we spoke English.

And yes, my nickname is an obvious Nihon reference, meaning individual or serving a term in government, which i also did recently. (It is also an anime or manga reference, but i don't like anything of that except Ghost in the shell).

SGDragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2017, 9:10 pm

green0star wrote:
I did study for a little while using rosetta stone and even finished the program. I haven't used it since moving though and I'm out of practice big time xD The wo could be omitted if you wanted to be more casual about it but that's more a thing in spoken Japanese as opposed to written Japanese. Do you use ameblo or pigg? That helps quite a bit, I've been studying on and off for 9 years and did rosetta stone for about a year and finished a couple months back.

U kno, i heard all about rosetta stone, how its the best way to learn...like how children pick up language. buut...I didn't like it at all ^^;

It was too...I unno, i always wanted more. I LIKE the nitty gritty, and in depth explanations. I like to pick everything apart to its core, and understand every tidbit i possibly can, lol.

Guess that was just me though, ha, if it works for other ppl thats awesome :D Absolutley xD!

I just picked up book after book, oldschool style, at the library ;D And I practiced pronunciation with...dundundun...ANIME, lol xD Never heard of pigg? Or amelbo? ..amelbo...Kinda sounds like, "AH, my elbow!"
Like, smooshed together.

Ichinin wrote:
I'm interested in Japan, started with cute girls when i was 20 something, but eventually it grew with food, culture, ninjutsu and sengoku-jidai history.

Lol, my interest started with an old anime called Slayers. It is my obsession, and just...goes beyond any anime, or anime in general. "Epic" is even unsuiting of a word for it...least for me ;D But all the rest is same for me too, love their culture...everything. Cept, um...ahem. The food <.< Literally can NOT eat, lol ^^; But it's really lovely how it's prepared, and fascinating in itself.

Ichinin...means literally 1 person, yes? 一人, or in hiragana いちにん. (Lol i gotsa fancy japanese/english keyboard xD And yees, i like to type stuff with it :3) But yeah, didn't know that particular phrase could have military implication...Cool :D

And I'm super out of practice too...So I try to use it anywhere I can, wether it's annoying or not ^^; Best way to keep fresh in your head...

Zutto ni renshuu shiteru wa dai ichiban no hou da!
Pfft, prolly all wrong, but tried to say "Always practicing is the best way!"

Might be kinda fun to practice with someone ^^ If I ever stayed online long enuf, of course, lol \xD