Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 7:34 pm

When things around the appartment break down I have a small panic attack. Today as I was trying to cook chicken our oven stopped working. We tried to get it up and running but no dice. I was worried I would have to throw out my thawed uncooked chicken but a neighbour was kind enough to let me use his toaster oven ( which I made a small barely noticable mess in and burned myself with lol)
So my chicken was saved.

What frustrates and scares me is our first oven broke down and was not fixed and now this one. I called the landlord about the oven timer being broke once and he said he would fix it but that never happened. This time when I called he was very quick to say, " Yep, I'll call the repair man in the morning."

Sure you will buddy. Well I hope Im not jumping to conflusions. Surely he will fix the ovens so we can cook food. My mom is letting me have her toaster oven so thats something at least. Whenever something breaks I freak out. I will be totaly screwed when my Samsung tablet breaks down. Hopefully my parents will buy me another one because Im unable to work and cant afford anything.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Aug 2017, 12:30 am

Some land lords are not the best. The law in theory makes them be quick about repairs but not all are. It's a never ended revenue stream of renters. They piss you off so what another person will come along. :(

It's also possible lots of things are broken in the complex right now and an oven is just not a priority or the handy man is too slow.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 12:42 am

Yay neighbor! :D Is there a city housing authority office or city codes office you can contact if the oven is not fixed in a reasonable time? Usually there are codes, statutes, laws, about rental properties having to have functional appliances and utilities.