Anyone watch or have watched Sailor Moon?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 8:44 am

Hallo! Does anyone here watch or have watched the original Sailor Moon from the 90's? I have, and it was a really good anime. :) Opinions are welcomed about the show down below! ;)

Thanks!

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on August 18, 2017)

LoveStories
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Aug 2017, 2:02 pm

Yes, I loved it. It was my favorite show when I was in primary school and I was obsessed with it. Funnily enough, in a fit of nostalgia I actually bought the first season on DVD just a few days ago. I’m surprised how much I’m still enjoying it even as an adult. Sure, it’s a bit silly but a lot of fun to watch and I still love it.

I’m thinking about buying Sailor Moon Crystal as well. But I’m not sure if I would really like it because of the differences and it’s too expensive to buy it and never watch it again.

LaurenLissa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2017, 10:53 pm

Sailor Moon S is one of my annual Christmastime films! I loved Sailor Moon as a child, and enjoyed the manga even more. I still watch every once in a while for nostalgia and comfort, and I love to check out Sailor Moon merchandise as well.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 6:44 pm

LaurenLissa wrote:
Sailor Moon S is one of my annual Christmastime films! I loved Sailor Moon as a child, and enjoyed the manga even more. I still watch every once in a while for nostalgia and comfort, and I love to check out Sailor Moon merchandise as well.

Nice to hear your memories! :) Hearing other peoples stories is amazing to listen to, since I am a history nerd. xD Even though I wasn't born in the 80's or 90's, Sailor Moon kinda changed me, because the 5 main Sailor Guardians reminded me of myself, and it had a good plot. Those are some of the reasons why I like it. And I bet some people who watched this show back then probably changed their lives in a way. :)

elf_wizard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Aug 2017, 4:18 pm

I like the first SM a lot, though I haven't seen close to all of it. Crystal... eh. I enjoyed it for a while just because it was new and it's Sailor Moon, but it has a completely different tone and it doesn't have the fun & sometimes zany feel of the original (though I understand it's much more faithful to the manga. Go figure, I like the bastardized Sailor Moon better!).

The re-releases of the original that are coming out now on Blu-Ray are really really nice, I have the first season & I wouldn't tell any fan not to get it (unless they couldn't afford food ;P ).

Moon Prism Power!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Sep 2017, 10:31 pm

I watched it some in the 90s. It was an OK show. I really like the game Sailor Moon Another Story also known as Sailor Moon RPG. It was made for Super Nintendo but only released in Japan but a team translated it & released the ROM for free on the net.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 10:45 pm

I think I saw a couple episodes, but I certainly didn't see much of it. However I play League of Legends where you play as different champions in pvp battle...and they have different skins you can get for the champions and they have some what appear to be Sailor moon inspired skins for some of the champions and a game mode where you can play as those champions with the skin to fight off monsters from a city.

Its not uncommon for this game to make references to other things.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2017, 1:58 pm

No, but I still wrote a fanfic of it. That was a pretty bad idea it turned out, I got like everything about it wrong I assume. if you're going to write fanfiction of a show you should I don't know watch the show first :roll: