Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Oct 2017, 1:49 am

I've been overly loyal to friends & got screwed over by them & I've also been overly loyal in the workplace & ended up working alot harder than most even thou I wasn't really appreciated by management.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 1:48 pm

I am guilty of being overly loyal in friendships. I'm a very aloof person but once I opened up to someone who wanted to be my friend, that person had my total loyalty. I got disappointed when over time my loyalty was still strong and I could see it wasn't with my friend anymore. When my best friend in high school seemed to value me less over time, it really hurt, but I knew he had 'outgrown' me so I never made a fuss over it. I tend to be naive in my loyalty and I assume the other person will be the same.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 8:49 am

i_wanna_blue wrote:
I am guilty of being overly loyal in friendships. I'm a very aloof person but once I opened up to someone who wanted to be my friend, that person had my total loyalty. I got disappointed when over time my loyalty was still strong and I could see it wasn't with my friend anymore. When my best friend in high school seemed to value me less over time, it really hurt, but I knew he had 'outgrown' me so I never made a fuss over it. I tend to be naive in my loyalty and I assume the other person will be the same.

Reminds me of my first best friend in elementary school. I was 100% loyal to him and it was sad to gradually realize I was maybe his 4th friend at best. I just assumed he felt the same way I did and especially since his parents liked me more than him most days!

Even though I keep getting screwed over, I still can't seem to turn off the 'loyalty' switch. I have shown incredible loyalty to people only to have them ditch me the second a perceived better option came along. I would lay down my life for those close to me yet they might call 911 at best before walking away in the same situation.