"How To Know You’re In a Mass Hysteria Bubble"

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:58 am

Where Scott Adams wrote the following in his blog it sparked a thought, I wonder, does politician worship count as a religion? After all, you are counting on your candidate to be your savior.

Quote:
... Trump never campaigned to be our moral leader. He presented himself as – in his own words “no angel” – with a set of skills he offered to use in the public’s interest. He was big on law and order, and equal justice under the law. But he never offered moral leadership.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 2:09 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Where Scott Adams wrote the following in his blog it sparked a thought, I wonder, does politician worship count as a religion? After all, you are counting on your candidate to be your savior.

For large sections of the left, politics is religion and the state/leader is god. The hysteria from the left following Trump's election was the hysteria of a fundamentalist religion that experienced the failure of its prophecy and the sudden ascendance of an Anti-Christ figure.

This is what political religion and a savior-leader looks like:

There Are Four Lights!

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 2:17 am

Darmok wrote:
For large sections of the left, politics is religion and the state/leader is god. The hysteria from the left following Trump's election was the hysteria of a fundamentalist religion that experienced the failure of its prophecy and the sudden ascendance of an Anti-Christ figure.
That is scarily descriptive of the phenomena.
And I remember some right wingers both in media and ones I knew in person saying outright Obama was the antichrist. Really? Don't you people have something productive to do, like refill the toilet paper?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 4:09 am

Darmok wrote:
kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:

This is what political religion and a savior-leader looks like:

Here's the one for Trump: