Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 10:59 am

I hate to see how the media portrays women, focusing on their bodies and their looks, rather than their strength, intelligence, and their own hearts. Don't you hate it when the media does this to women? :x (This is dedicated to the all the women who are unfairly misportrayed by the media. I don't see you as objects. :))

With all happy curiousity,

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on August 18, 2017)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 9:29 pm

Don't worry about it :D . The media is always inaccurate anyway!

Thank you for being kind, though! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Laki
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2017, 4:03 pm

Oh. Yeah. Why is creating a character so dependent on male viewers? Why can't we have an interesting woman characters with the redundant eyecandy who unnecessary strips and showers in slow-motion and loses shirts and is giggly and dumb being male? Like, I would actually pay to watch this. There is no problem with doing this to women, as long as there is also a male version. (Well, that's not it, but you get the point, right?)
I personally love Tank Girl and the comic Locus - may be a bit sexualized but still my idols. And George of the Jungle with fully clothed lead woman and half naked George is great change too.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 4:50 pm

You might want to try out some Scandinavian dramas then.

Sara Lund in Forbrydelsen wears a chunky jumper and jeans and solves crimes.

Sara Noren in The Bridge is an aspie and though she has a couple of naked scenes she's a no nonsense detective.

peregrina
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2017, 7:45 pm

That's why I don't watch TV. I don't even own one.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 3:52 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Don't worry about it :D . The media is always inaccurate anyway!

Thank you for being kind, though! :D

No problem. ;)

traven
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 1:18 am

media is advertising, and some appropriate (ad-appropriate) infotainment

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 9:48 pm

I don't like it. We've had some diversity in size and body shape, at least. There are some movie and TV actresses who are heavy. But what about women with disabilities or unusual facial features? There also isn't enough diversity when it comes to race.

As for the music industry, male singers become legendary rock stars, and meanwhile female singers are known as ditzy and vain and their fame doesn't last long. Okay, maybe there's Pat Benatar and Alanis Morrissette, but not too many female music legends.