Do hotel guests have to keeps records of guests?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:13 pm

What do you think about businessmen who do not pay VAT?
Do hotel guests have to keeps records of guests?

Does guests records are obligatory in you country?

I like to watch court show i'm Polish, i like to watch our Polish show but i think that anglosaxon legal system is better :-)

In one episode was about hotel owner
The guy run so called "Zajazd" as we call it in Poland it's like hotel but it's bit smaller, and it's for people are in transit passing through with their transport vesicle whoever is bike motorbike, car and so on it's going back to medieval time when people sweeping their horses and goes for further voyage
His guests have argue and beat themselves.

It later was that was member of our Polish and Russian mafia :-)

It was latter turned out that owner not keeping guests books correctly, he was not mafia just want make more money by not paying VAT for guests with is 23% in Poland

He allow mafia to rent room for paying him more and he allow teens to have sex among them self, normally kids need parental permission to rent a room and need to be at least 14 to live there alone.

But the owner rent rooms anyone who want rent it :-)
When was asked why he not paying his taxes, not keeping guests records of guests and why he allow kids to rent room without parental permission, he respond was that what he's guests goes in rooms is not concerning him and "Pecunia non olet" :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecunia_non_olet

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:52 am

In the US, they sell any and all data they recieve from cutomers save for credit card #'s to third parties. Sadly, we do not have the same personal privacy safeguards that the EU has.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 10:13 am

Fogman wrote:
In the US, they sell any and all data they recieve from cutomers save for credit card #'s to third parties. Sadly, we do not have the same personal privacy safeguards that the EU has.

But here in Europe too you can not simply rent a room without entering the guest book, but not all hoteliers respect this law.

Similarly with prepaid SIM cards, in my country a year ago the obligation to register them was introduced, because a new anti-terrorist law was introduced, it was dictated by the fact that they were mandated by the EU directives

Dillion589
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 May 2019, 2:47 pm

Yes do have hotels guest house and you can check this on where you will get each and everything to get the information about anything though just need to search a little