What I'm getting of the 'white nationalist' dialogue

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 1:56 am

there's something in that, politically cities getting more and more opposed to rural, it was some years ago the urban population went over 50% (worldwide), sure city population wants to share ressources with any ai equity/meriocratic redistribution (the war on farming, pet-sacralisation isn't random, manipulating zeitgeist is planned longterm, very longterm)
or we'll see venus-project-like city states controlling resources, dronewars?
just one step from feudal middle-ages, a tiny step, powered by tech-energy, mining-wars, ideological superstitions and good-old propaganda,
when you live in a glasshouse, participation is commandatory, subsidise students to wreck everything personal,
oh no, not the famine-train again
already we see the overhaul of instances of justice, normalising 'lynching mobs', the 'moral fury' unleashed,
peoples' tribunals sitting on righteous banks of "delusions and madness of the masses",
the pitt of revengefullness jealously stored and cultivated for occasions of operating general blackouts

eventually........ fail is certain, but at what cost?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 6:49 am

If I were to try and put my finger on what I think is one of the more significant dynamics that put us where we're at:

Very few cultures can survive prosperity. The moment we go into having plenty of food, plenty of jobs, etc.. we get to a point where there are no longer direct consequences for thoughts, ideas, and behavior that fall outside of what would allow a person to survive in more difficult times or would inherently bring down such a chastening just by sheer cause and effect that the person would know, for the rest of their lives, that they screwed up badly. There's an illusion of infinite resources, or at least people know they're finite but if they can't see the end in sight or they get the impression that it'll never be their own problem - they consider themselves free to go on a bender like some young trust-fund brat who inherited his/her parent's wealth. In a lot of ways prosperity economics reward people for the worst behavior and often get around to punishing the most adult/responsible among us, especially in a democracy where expedience of placating the squeakiest wheel can be handled very quickly by throwing money out.

We've been on such a roll with living like lottery winners that it's really turned into something of an addiction complex and I'm deeply concerned that no facts, figures, or even clear math denoting the consequences will be enough to curb the addiction - we're used to a certain standard of living and will want to play the same dog-eats-dog destructive competition and live opulently until it's all gone. We should probably keep a close eye on Venezuela because I think there's a good chance that the whole west is probably going to look like that within a few decades.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin