Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 6:16 pm

‘The Jetsons’ Live-Action Series in the Works at ABC

Quote:
A “Jetsons” live-action series has scored a put pilot order at ABC, Variety has learned.

Based on the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon, the series would be a multi-cam sitcom set 100 years in the future that follows the exploits of the Jetson family.

Robert Zemeckis will executive produce along with Jack Rapke via their Compari Entertainment banner. Gary Janetti, who has written for and produced shows like “Family Guy” and “Will & Grace,” will write and executive produce. Compari’s Jackie Levine will serve as a co-executive producer. Warner Bros. Television will produce in association with Nickelby Inc. and Compari.

The original “Jetsons” animated series aired for 24 episodes on ABC from 1962-1963 in primetime as a futuristic counterpart to the pre-historic animated sitcom “The Flintstones.” It followed George, Jane, Judy, and Elroy Jetson along with their robot maid Rosie and family dog Astro. The series was later revived by Hanna-Barbera in 1985 in syndication with 41 new episodes being produced. The animated “Jetsons: The Movie” was released in theaters in 1990. The movie was the last original “Jetsons” project produced until the 2017 direct-to-DVD release “The Jetsons & WWE: Robo-WrestleMania!”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 6:49 pm

Members at Starship Modeler forum who have commented on a thread there are not impressed by the concept.
The thread title is "No original ideas left - Live-Action Jetsons coming"

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 12:49 am

I liked the original Jetsons, don't know if I want it remade.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 10:36 pm

I'm not going to watch it, I loved the cartoon. They also remaking The Munsters again for the 50th time, it seems.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 3:09 am

i liked the cartoon to a degree, but modern styles of cartoons will inject apparent meaning into the storylines.
the original cartoon took no thought at all to just watch.

and the jetsons was a carbon copy of the flintstones but set in the distant future rather than the distant past.

all the characters in it have a flintstones equivalent.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Sep 2017, 10:43 pm

I would refuse to watch it if this was a cartoon remake but I "might" watch the live-action one. However I would much rather if they would just show reruns of the cartoon. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper for them to do that.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition