Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:24 am

My take away is it's hopeless for men on disability. We will never be the equivalent of full time work.

I also find it irritating a women without cars are ok to fat guys with cars. But whatever.

I'll just continue to live a horrible worthless life waiting for the day it ends :(

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:31 am

LaurenLissa wrote:
@Marknis: 29 is very young for a man. You still have a plenty of time.

I do have some rather restricting life circumstances. I don't have a college degree because college was extremely disappointing to me, I only work part time, I still live with my mother since not only do I lack the finances but she's a control freak, and I live in a really sick culture (Central Texas Bible Belt) so I have a lot of things stacked against me.

My control freak of a mother thinks I shouldn't worry about still living with her because she claims more people in my age area are staying with their parents for economic reasons. But when I mentioned still living at "home" when I tried internet and speed dating, it was Game Over as far as the women were concerned.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2017, 5:34 am

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Aug 2017, 5:41 am

I hate tall. I'm 5'2" and 5'6" is as high as I'll tolerate. In men or women. It's overwhelming. If I'm talking to somebody tall, then I have to compensate with more space around me.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2017, 5:49 am

^^^ everyone is different, of course, and I thank God for that, but in terms of dating the evidence appears to be clear. Anecdotal experience notwithstanding, in the dating game ladies like their man to be taller.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:00 am

boofle wrote:
^^^ everyone is different, of course, and I thank God for that, but in terms of dating the evidence appears to be clear. Anecdotal experience notwithstanding, in the dating game ladies like their man to be taller.

Why though? Personally I would prefer a partner at or below my height, though I couldn't actually explain why, lol.

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2017, 6:15 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
boofle wrote:

Why though? Personally I would prefer a partner at or below my height, though I couldn't actually explain why, lol.

It's nuts, right? We like to see ourselves as advanced (in terms of species development) but we're still "basic"...at best.
To me your preference is "normal/standard/expected". Most guys appear to think the same way too.

I too prefer a guy to be taller than me. I think it's a primal thing and most can't beat it, if they have "choice" in the dating arena. No shame in it either.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 9:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
How about if the guy always pays for the gas?

Exactly, girls who wouldn't date me because I don't have a job, live with my parents and can't drive are making a lot of assumptions.

My parents take me where I.need to go when they're not busy and they're happy to do this, Im soon getting a disability support worker who can also drive me to where I need to go sometimes.

Even if I had a girlfriend I'd only really want to go out to places on the weekend (when I go with family anyway so she wouldnt have to drove me around but probably make her own way there) or she visits my house or I visit hers.

My parents have driven me to dates in the past and I would just.meet my girlfriend when I get there.

My parents are the type of people kind enough that they will pick up my siblings friends so they might not even expect my girlfriend to drive to my house herself but possibly pick her up if they're nice enough. And obviously they can drop.me off at her house.

If I ever did need a ride from her I'd pay for gas and never pressure her to drive.e when she's busy or all the way on the other side of town or whatever.

I pay for bills with my parents, share the housework and my.name is even on the lease so if something were to happen to them I immediately take over as the legal renter.

So this is my house, I am legally a renter so legally.not living in my parents home but living WITH my parents but of course I still do what they say and respect them since they Still cook for me, drive me to places, pay for most of the bill.money, etc.

My disability pay is at least the same as a part time worker but.I'm also very good at saving so financially there's nothing to worry about with me, I have good emergency funds. I volunteer as many hours a week as I can so its not like I sit at home all the time.

My parents go to ME for a loan when its an emergency so that must mean something.

Don't know why any girl I date would feel so insecure about my parents watching, mother is very friendly and polite and respects.my choices, step dad is a grumpy person but tolerant of others and keeps.his mouth shut around friends of mine he says he hates when they're not around. Either way I'd punch him if he ever got angry or talked sh*t to my girlfriends face.

Sex could be an issue but f*ck me, adults with a toddler in the same bedroom gotta make do and so shall we. Shower, hotels, car, my bedroom, hell I'll put a f*ckin mattress in the garage (which is away from the rest of the house) and we can make as much noise as we want! Let's be creative here people!

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 10:12 am

Girls don't want to be driven around by their date's mom. Girls don't want a date's parents shutting up or else they'll get punched. Girls don't want to be f***ed on a mattress on the garage floor.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 10:19 am

Your not wrong, I'm just venting.

Funny though since I don't mind the fact the girls fathers going to judge me and size me up to determine my suitability and certainly be a hardass on me, ill take it, nor does it seem most young men mind driving their girlfriends around and rarely expect vice versa.

For sex there's.my bedroom, most comfortable king size mattress the best money can buy.

Why is sex in a warm garage on a comfortable mattress mind you any worse than in the bushes at the beaches (which some young women do in fact tolerate, I've seen used condoms there)

Standards, they're a funny thing.

All.in all I'm.mostly joking since I know in have no chance, the reality is just too painful.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 11:48 am

LaurenLissa wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
That's what we're really talking about here. Guys that expect girls to be another mommy.

This is a fabulous way of putting it.

And yet the whole cringey daddy/little bs is widely socially accepted with open arms. Fact of the matter is, it's extremely rare a woman will date down and use that as a flimsy excuse, whereas males generally have no issue taking in anyone regardless of finance, often at their own expense.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 2:53 pm

I take the bus and have and will never take an offered ride from a girl. Not even if we eventually lived together.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 2:54 pm

Outrider wrote:
Your not wrong, I'm just venting.

Funny though since I don't mind the fact the girls fathers going to judge me and size me up to determine my suitability and certainly be a hardass on me, ill take it, nor does it seem most young men mind driving their girlfriends around and rarely expect vice versa.

For sex there's.my bedroom, most comfortable king size mattress the best money can buy.

Why is sex in a warm garage on a comfortable mattress mind you any worse than in the bushes at the beaches (which some young women do in fact tolerate, I've seen used condoms there)

Standards, they're a funny thing.

All.in all I'm.mostly joking since I know in have no chance, the reality is just too painful.

We are like the peasants of the past. We only good to serve women, not be with them then die sad and alone. :cry:

People like to lie to themselves and think society has changed and class system is gone, but it isn't, it's just been hidden behind fancy words and lies. There's still a class system based on income.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 2:58 pm

I don't care if women "prefer" taller men.

Women have "preferred" me, despite my height.

I'm not saying I'm the greatest since sliced bread--because I'm not.

My point, really, is that one can buck the statistics.

If I let statistics determine my life, I'd be still a dependent autistic person today--at 56 years old living with mommy, spending all my time on the computer, never learning to drive, etc.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 3:38 pm

Marknis wrote:
Just how can I make a relationship happen? It feels like every other guy has the freedom of choice while I am deemed unworthy because of my shyness and anxiety. I really hoped this year would be different and I really tried when I asked some girls out but they turned me down.

It takes time to make a relationship happen. Just be patient.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 4:31 pm

I understand that there may be someone who disagrees with me about this, but anyway, even if you had your own car, job, house, a six pack, muscles, knew how to fight, and had plenty of friends, you can still have a hard time finding a girlfriend.