To Avoid Criticism, Say Nothing, Do Nothing, Be Nothing

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Floundering
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 5:55 am

I cannot sit back any longer and wait, hoping that someone who feels as motivated as i do to speak out against the injustices we face, appears. I must be the catalyst.

On Wednesday the 23rd of August @ 2000 BST (GMT +1) i shall be hosting an inaugural ONLINE meeting to discuss the formation of an International group with an aim to give us a more prevalent voice in the shady times we are currently facing.

This will be possible using a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) platform named 'Mumble' (Available on ALL PLATFORMS https://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/ IOS/ANDROID ETC have variants in their app stores)

This platform allows large groups of people to converse en masse and also in smaller breakaway groups.

To facilitate as many people as possible to be able to participate i shall over these next few days leading up to the meeting lurk on this thread and on the mumble server to guide people in the installation of the app and connection to the server (its really easy :) )

Step 1

Download mumble for win/linux/mac from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/
mobile versions from app store

Step 2

Install in the location of your choice

Step 3

At the end of installation and when the app has started you should be greeted with a screen like this.

If you dont have the bit with the server details on the screen click 'add new'

The details in the picture ARE NOT the connection details you need they are as follows (WITHOUT QUOTES)

Label : 'The Hive'
Address : '85.236.107.43'
Port : '1612'
Username : "MAKE_UP_YOUR_USERNAME_HERE"

Next click 'OK' you should now see 'the hive' in a window, click it and press connect.

The first time you do this a box will come up like this.

This step is vital you are creating a self signed certificate with your username and the servers address, this is so the connection is ssl encrypted directly to your machine, no ssl certificate=connection refused.

click yes to accept certificate, and then you will be connected.

Once you are connected i will assist you from there with any help you need.

This space is not solely for this meeting, if you wish to just pop in you are more than welcome to see what its about and familiarise yourself.

I would ask though that for now this space and these meetings are restricted to 18+ only and we look in the future at creating a youth work group to feed into and participate in the process.

I will end this post with some words which have brought resolve to me when facing overwhelming odds.

Quote:
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Margaret Mead