Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

Asperger's makes a person 10x more likely to be suicidal. A traumatic brain injury makes a person 3x more likely to commit suicide. Unfortunately, I have both. Does anyone else suffer with this? I'm completely exhausted. Some validation would be nice.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:39 pm

You're quite valid.

Do you have any extra-special interests? Mine is the weather.

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Aug 2017, 9:17 pm

Man you got me excited... I saw that I got a reply and I thought maybe there was another aspie out there with a TBI whom I could compare experiences with!

I like nutrition, health sciences and biology in general.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:21 pm

I've seen other aspies here who had a TBI. You're not alone :) !

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Aug 2017, 9:59 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Good news: I'm not alone.
Bad news: There are others who know this hell.

I thought I was the only aspie dumb enough to bash his skull in and completely throw off his brain chemistry for the foreseeable future...

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:07 pm

salowevision wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Good news: I'm not alone.
Bad news: There are others who know this hell.

I thought I was the only aspie dumb enough to bash his skull in and completely throw off his brain chemistry for the foreseeable future...

I don't think you or any other aspies with a TBI are dumb :D . How did it happen, if I may ask?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:16 pm

salowevision wrote:
Asperger's makes a person 10x more likely to be suicidal. A traumatic brain injury makes a person 3x more likely to commit suicide..

The key word in your statement is likely , with the right help it wont be a 10 + 3 equation.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Aug 2017, 11:40 pm

StampySquiddyFan; I went longboarding without a helmet and hit the back of my head on the pavement. Bloody puddle, cracked skull, hospitalization, the whole nine yards..

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Aug 2017, 11:57 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
The key word in your statement is likely , with the right help it wont be a 10 + 3 equation.

I hope you're right about the help part. Though it never would have been a 10 + 3 equation ;)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 5:59 am

salowevision wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

I hope you're right about the help part. Though it never would have been a 10 + 3 equation ;)

Be positive dude , yeah maths and statistics not my strong point :lol: and complete BS IMO as well :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2017, 8:12 am

I've always loved stats. I like the idea of observing patterns to draw conclusions. Every individual is different but the whole "Stereotypes are developed for a reason" thing stands true. I can personally testify to both of those stats lol

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 11:30 am

salowevision wrote:
StampySquiddyFan; I went longboarding without a helmet and hit the back of my head on the pavement. Bloody puddle, cracked skull, hospitalization, the whole nine yards..

Got it. That must have been horrible to go through- I'm sorry :( . I will try to find the other posts by aspies here who had a TBI. You're not dumb, though, I promise.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:47 pm

salowevision wrote:

Don't feel dumb for that. I got a concussion from sledding into a tree once. That's how I know pine trees are the softest (or least hard, anyway), because the ER doctor told me. He also said I should have been wearing a helmet. Neither I nor my parents thought about that for sledding. I got really lucky, though, I don't have any lasting damage from it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2017, 1:21 pm

Looking back at the years I've lost, the permanent damage I've done and the difficulties yet to come... I feel pretty dumb. Based on what I've read, most people on the spectrum are extremely precautious. Which I normally am; but that one act of carelessness will follow me forever.