Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 12:48 pm

I still am skeptical that Trump is going to removed or resign but so many are utterly convinced it is going to happen. If it does happen will it be a situation of the progressives and the Never Trump conservatives regretting what they wished for?

Imagining President Pence - If Donald Trump doesn’t finish his term, what kind of leader would his successor be?

Pence would be crippled politically just by his association and constant defense of Trump and how much the presidency, faith in government, faith in America around have been weakened by Americans electing Trump and the last bunch of his predecessors. While a tantrum caused war is out, a war(s) that could go nuclear would most certainly not be out of the equation. An often overlooked factor in creating the conditions for war is the perception of weakness which would exist for the reasons stated above. Another factor would be neo-cons would regain control over foreign policy and would be eager to prove America is not weak.

Pence would like a theocratic conservative Christian government and agenda but is astute enough not to try anything near that. Unlike with Trump the Republicans would like and want to work with him but the removal of Trump would not change the divisions in the Republican Party, while the emboldened, even more, convinced of their superiority and righteousness progressives would be in no mood to compromise. A few things might get passed early to demonstrate a faux "nightmare is over" unity but that would be it.

It would be an improvement as the immediate threat of a temper tantrum caused nuclear armageddon would be removed. That is a really low bar to set but that is where we are at. It would still be a very dangerous period.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 19 Aug 2017, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:02 pm

I don't like Pence's views, but at least he'd probably be a more stable leader than Trump. Of course, if Trump got impeached and Pence got the presidency, he'd likely be under extra scrutiny.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:08 pm

I honestly don't know.

Trump is an unstable hothead with severe macho insecurity. Pence is a creation ret*d and old-fashioned Christian.

Tough call.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 1:20 pm

My hope is that Trump, and Pence would both be removed from office. Not sure about Ryan, but Orrin Hatch (next in the succession line) has presented himself to be rather rational.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:00 pm

Overall, I think that spreading the message of the radical left is more important than removing Trump from office.

What if Trump gets removed? Will he be replaced by Sanders? Of course not. He won't be replaced by anyone even close to Sanders.

I wouldn't be sad if Trump got impeached. I just don't think that we should be fighting so hard for that. We need to build the radical left. I don't want to waste energy putting another business-as-usual "centrist" into power.

Trump might actually destroy the capitalist system with his own incompetence. Hopefully he won't start a nuclear war before then.

If Trump doesn't destroy our world, he will certainly destroy the system that brought him into power.

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

19 Aug 2017, 9:16 pm

No, I suspect Pence will cosy up with the establishment. No, thanks. Oh...Trump did nothing wrong.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 11:49 pm

Pence will become president in 2025 after Trump's 8 years in office.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:16 am

Many are scared of Pence starting a nuclear holocaust because of his religious views. (Aka starting the Apocalypse) So I prefer Trump, even though it can hardly be worst.

EzraS wrote:

You do know that they want to cut social services, right? Which, according to what you said on your needs, could probably mean you die of starvation on the street.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:31 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
We need to build the radical left.

build it into what?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 12:40 am

Tollorin wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You do know that they want to cut social services, right? Which, according to what you said on your needs, could probably mean you die of starvation on the street.

Yeah I figure that's Trump's plan as opposed to putting us all in ovens.

But that doesn't influence my anecdotal prediction.

Besides all I have to do is travel about 150km to Canada to survive. Oh that's right, Canada will refuse to let me immigrate.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:53 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

build it into what?

We need to take the wisdom of Noam Chomsky and spread it as far and wide as possible.

Above, the people NEED to know how much corporations are in control. We can never correct this problem until we all gut up and accept that this is a severe human rights violation.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:50 pm

EzraS wrote:

Mike Pence is speaking right now at the Trump Rally in Phoenix, AZ.
It's a beautiful thing. 8)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:09 pm

...No.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:14 pm

...You know, Trump WON. I don't question that. Why does he need to throw ralliez? Someone said, " Trump (or was it the Republicans in general?) should stop complaing about winnng "! 8)

ix"]

EzraS wrote:

Mike Pence is speaking right now at the Trump Rally in Phoenix, AZ.
It's a beautiful thing. 8)[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:26 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...You know, Trump WON. I don't question that.

Yep. Trump WON.
As you can see by looking at the T-shirt of this guy enjoying himself at a recent Trump Rally. 8)
He was very grateful, not complaining at all.
Thank you for inspiring me to post this photo, by the way. :)

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:35 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

build it into what?

We need to take the wisdom of Noam Chomsky and spread it as far and wide as possible.

Above, the people NEED to know how much corporations are in control. We can never correct this problem until we all gut up and accept that this is a severe human rights violation.

American culture is dog-eat-dog.

We don't care about other people in the abstract.

If we even think about the poor, then their poverty is their fault.

They're lazy, want to freeload, didn't go to college, don't work hard enough ....

This attitude is so pervasive that I don't see it changing so that Chomsky's far-left ideology can take hold.