Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 9:53 pm

Right. Nobody wants to just be the backup friend.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 2:35 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Right. Nobody wants to just be the backup friend.

Yes but I passive aggressively tolerated being the "backup friend" because :lol: beggars can't be choosers 8O

And I do not regret doing so. Either I accept the backup friend status or I had zero friends

What I do regret passive aggressively tolerating was that she tape recorded me without my permission. Instead I should have ended the interaction immediately and permanently. But as usual I was a 8) coward :(

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 10:58 pm

I don't like it when people only call me when they need something or their popular friends aren't available. I also hate when people only sit with me during social hour at church when their popular friends aren't available to sit with. The other thing is when one person does come to my table and another person comes as well, the second person will leave as soon as the first person leaves. I find it hard to share people because I always get the short end of the stick. One person will hog up the other people in the group and leave me out. Why can't we all be friends? When new people show up at my church, they will interact with me until they get in with the popular people. The same held true for new kids at school.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 10:06 am

I think more highly of myself than to be someone's backup friend.