Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 11:21 pm

In metalwork, half the stuff has to be super clean, and the rest makes flying grit. We learn to keep many small zones of order within general chaos.

lambdamoses
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2018, 7:04 pm

Horrible mess. Also too lazy to get rid of trash, since often I just get so immersed in special interests that I forget about trash and the pile of dirty dishes in the sink (why is it so much work to take care of myself?). Once I left some dirty dishes on the table for 2 months, and the dry climate of Southern California prevented mold from growing there so they weren't that gross. I'm also reluctant to throw things away; on the one hand, in case they're useful some day, though usually they turn out to be useless, and on the other hand, I keep a lot of stuff as souvenirs of the past. Nevertheless I usually know where things are and don't like others cleaning up my stuff, since I won't be able to find my things any more if someone else cleaned my stuff up. OK, I'm only that messy when I don't have roommates.

vest9
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2018, 7:22 pm

Generally rather messy, but stuff like my pen collection is quite orderly and my favourite books.

PaperMajora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2018, 9:07 pm

Yes.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2018, 9:32 pm

Yes I am.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Feb 2018, 6:44 am

Yes. But mostly it is organised mess.
Half finished projects.
I'm getting better at reducing the amount of possessions I have and tackling my disorganisation in a slow and steady fashion.

'Once begun, the jobs half done'

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 8:22 am

Many people call me 'scatterbrained'. I always keep my keys and money in my bag when at home, because I know that if I take them out of my bag I will go out without those 2 important things.

Usually I create a mess wherever I go. For example, my mum has kept the living-room nice and tidy, then as soon as I come home from somewhere the living-room is somehow in a mess of my stuff, and I don't even know how I caused a mess.

I love writing stories, but I have about 5 books on the go, all unfinished. So I don't put my books away because I am in the middle of writing all of them. So I leave them lying about on the couch or the table.

When I purchase something new, for example a pair of shoes, I tend to dump them on the floor in the kitchen or the bedroom, and not wear them for a few days until somebody mentions it. I don't know why I do this. It's like I forget that I bought a new pair of shoes and go on wearing my old tatty shoes.

As a child I had a messy bedroom. I used to hate tidying it. So when my mum tidied it for me, I didn't want other children moving my stuff because I didn't want to have to tidy anything. But I went and made a mess anyway, so it didn't matter when other children came and touched my toys when my room was already in a mess. Also I used to make a fuss to my parents to help bring a rather big toy outside into the garden (for example the toy kitchen/tea set), and I'd play with it for a while then get distracted on to something else. So my poor parents had to clear up the toys and put it back inside. :lol:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 10:04 am

I have an all too common problem: piles of old papers I need to get rid of.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2018, 5:23 pm

I used to be pretty tidy and organized to the point where it was like OCD. Now I leave nearly all my things in a huge mess because it takes forever to organize and it'll be messed up again in a few minutes, anyway. :( Also I have two cats and you how they are about knocking things over. :)

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 3:39 pm

When I was young, tidying was done according to an arbitrary schedule, always spoiling the fun. I am finally learning that it is good to tidy up after each phase of a job, when a new array of tools need to be handy on the bench.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 7:42 pm

Yes.

My husband and I both hate cleaning up and so the ongoing contest is to see who gets grossed out first, gives in and does the cleaning. We average about even steven over time. :-)