Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 4:37 pm

That were alot of reading, unfortunately I didn't understand it. I thought OCD ment Obsession Cleaning Disorder.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 4:43 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
That were alot of reading, unfortunately I didn't understand it. I thought OCD ment Obsession Cleaning Disorder.

Sorry :oops: . In short, it means obsessive compulsive disorder. It's when you have unwanted thoughts and you have to perform actions or think other thoughts to stop the unwanted thoughts.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:38 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Sorry :oops: . In short, it means obsessive compulsive disorder. It's when you have unwanted thoughts and you have to perform actions or think other thoughts to stop the unwanted thoughts.

It's not your fault, I have a learning disability too. It's very hard to get words in my head.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:55 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

It's not your fault, I have a learning disability too. It's very hard to get words in my head.

Hey that's ok, my favorite person in the world has a learning disability :D . I get how hard it can be, so I'll try and make my posts shorter. I get overwhelmed by a lot of words too!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 5:45 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

Your not alone there , most people generalize OCD as a cleaning disorder ( as it's usually the most documented symptom ) , there are some who believe you can't possibly have OCD as your not always cleaning.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 5:58 am

This, or washing your hands^^^^^^

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:27 am

I find, actually, that many people believe they have OCD when they actually don't have it.

Within "middle class values" in the Western World, there is much OCD, according to "Third World" folks.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 12:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I find, actually, that many people believe they have OCD when they actually don't have it.

Within "middle class values" in the Western World, there is much OCD, according to "Third World" folks.

Yeah- it's kind of become a popular term. Only 2% of the population actually has OCD, and I'm one of them :D !

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 2:32 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Hey that's ok, my favorite person in the world has a learning disability :D . I get how hard it can be, so I'll try and make my posts shorter. I get overwhelmed by a lot of words too!

You are smart for a 13 year old. And thanks :D I never understood what president trump saying.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 2:49 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

You are smart for a 13 year old. And thanks :D I never understood what president trump saying.

Thank you :D !

I don't think anybody understands what President Trump says lol! I know I don't!

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2017, 9:16 pm

Can OCD mean you do things repeatedly? What about cleaning like if you drop something, you feel like you should clean it or keep washing your hands.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 12:25 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Can OCD mean you do things repeatedly? What about cleaning like if you drop something, you feel like you should clean it or keep washing your hands.

Yup! OCD definitely means you do things repeatedly. There is usually anxiety, and then you do things repetitively or in a certain way to get rid of the anxiety. :D

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2017, 7:50 pm

I have severe OCD. I check things very often. It's hard to remember all my symptoms.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 8:59 pm

Then I have OCD, I keep checking my front door to see if it lock. I can also obsess about my sister on what she did wrong. No one tell if you can do a little cleaning like if you drop something, you want to clean it, is that obsessing?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 2:29 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Then I have OCD, I keep checking my front door to see if it lock. I can also obsess about my sister on what she did wrong. No one tell if you can do a little cleaning like if you drop something, you want to clean it, is that obsessing?

It seems like it could be at least a mild form of OCD, but I'm no professional. It depends on how much distress the obsessions give you and whether or not there is a compulsion (like cleaning).