Anyone here who gets lost in their imaginary world?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Do you get lost in your imaginary world?
Yeah, I sure do! 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Nah, I'm not really like that. 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Eh, sometimes I do. 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Don't feel like answering. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 6:01 pm

Has anyone ever gotten in lost in their imaginary/fantasy world at times, whenever you feel stressed or whenever you don't want to talk to the others around you? I do that sometimes. My imaginary self is a half robot half human, with Thomas Bangalter's Daft Punk helmet (which I can sometimes take off to reveal my real face), and I have friends from shows that I watched on TV, or sometimes original characters that I thought up of, like Jack, a smiley face guy (literally a guy with a smiley face for a head) who likes acid house a lot, and is VERY happy (no pun intended) and who is British, and also Reimund, who is a anthropmorphic fox, and is German, who has interests like my imaginary self.

What is your imaginary world like if you get lost in it, and if possible, maybe add details about it as well! :D

Thanks! ;)

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on August 19, 2017)

P.S. Here is what Thomas Bangalter's helmet looks like:

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 6:27 pm

Unsure if it qualifies for the usual definition of gets lost in but I do get absorbed in the setting of a sci-fi story I occasionally play at writing. Visualizing scenes, characters, a pair of whom I sometimes see as being me.
Sometimes it is necessary work for the story while at other times purely for enjoyment or even stress relief.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 10:59 pm

I can sometimes get lost imagining me being in the audience of an AGT audition or something like that :D . I really like AGT and it would be amazing to meet the judges in person :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

emmasma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2017, 8:53 pm

I have had a very vivid imaginary world since I was a child. Mine is more real life centered, no special powers or robots. It sometimes has nothing to do with my everyday life, but usually is elaborate versions of me being the best at whatever I'm doing at work or crazy things happening where I end up being great and probably hooking up with whoever it is I'm interested in at the moment. It's much more interesting than it sounds. I spend a lot of time there..

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I can sometimes get lost imagining me being in the audience of an AGT audition or something like that :D . I really like AGT and it would be amazing to meet the judges in person :D .

I love AGT! Me and my daughter get really into it and my other daughter talks crapbut I know she likes it to. I had to pay extra to upgrade Hulu this year because the adds (and only the ones on AGT :?) kept making our internet glitch. Now we're binge watching to catch up before the end so we can vote maybe :heart: :heart: :heart:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 3:45 pm

AGT is the best show ever :D . I wish it would become more of an intense interest for me again!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 4:12 pm

On and off, I've spent a lot of time doing this ever since I was about 10. Probably because I read so much, I've always thought of it as "creating stories." But I must admit I've hardly ever writen anything down, or come up with any coherent plots. Mostly it's just bizarre characters wandering around and meeting each other in strange settings.

The three most vivid worlds I've been lost in are two fantasy/SF settings I was trying to write about as a teenager, and the alternate-history "idea for a webcomic" I had about 8 years ago. (I can't actually draw.) Then there's a far-future world with aliens that I've been tinkering with lately. Maybe I shouldn't kick myself for not writing any of this down, and just enjoy it?

The original "Phosphorus Decree" was one of my favourite charcters back in the day. He was the ghost of a Martian Centaur from the future, which was maybe a /little/ too much to lay on a protagonist...

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm

And I thought it was just me...
Been doing this since I was a kid... so over 50 years now and I've never mentioned it to anyone. Mostly sci-fi and fantasy worlds... sometimes being a rock star or being able to speak languages fluently (weird one, that). But the theme is always being incredibly good at something.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 4:21 pm

Same here :lol: ^^^^^^^^

I can't be good at things in real life, so why not be good at something in my imaginary world!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 4:25 pm

I find it's the best place to solve my own problems, and flat out entertain myself, from. So long as you're not completely neglecting the world it can be quite a helpful habit.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:57 am

I tend to do that, only in a slightly different way. Since I'm a very creative person, I constantly get new ideas. So when I get lost in my "inner world", I usually end up merely developing those ideas.

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2017, 2:12 am

Regularly.

There's a whole forum for this too, it's called maladaptive daydreaming. I guess this is for people who do it too much it starts to affect their life in a bad way.

http://wildminds.ning.com/