Invitation for study on families of children with ASD

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

jleustek
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2017, 6:39 pm

Hi parents,

My name is John and I am a researcher at Rutgers University in New Jersey, USA. I am currently conducting a study about communication in families of children with autism. I received permission from Alex Plank (the founder of WP) to post some information about the current study to WP. Here is some quick background information about the study:

We are recruiting approximately 200 parents of children with autism. Participants will take two online surveys spaced two weeks apart. Each survey will take approximately 30 minutes, and will ask participants to reflect on their relationship with their child and family. Parents must be over the age of 18, be the parent or legal guardian of at least one child under the age of 18 who has been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, have access to an Internet connected device, and be able to read and write in English. Participants can start the study by going to the URL in the flier below. For each survey, participants will receive a $10 Amazon gift card for compensation, for a total of $20 in gift cards.

If you or anyone you know would qualify to participate, you can join the study by going to the URL in the flier. Please feel free to send this flier to anyone else you know that would qualify.

You can view a PDF of the study invitation flier at http://www.jleustek.com/asd.pdf and I am attaching an image of it below.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the study or the research and I will respond on this thread. Research on parents and families of children with autism is an understudied yet valuable addition to the larger autism literature. Thank you for all of your help.