Invitation for study on families of children with ASD

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jleustek
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2017, 6:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I originally posted this information in the parents forum, and I also wanted to post it here as well. My name is John and I am a researcher at Rutgers University in New Jersey, USA. I am currently conducting a study about communication in families of children with autism. I received permission from Alex Plank (the founder of WP) to post some information about the current study to WP. Here is some quick background information about the study:

We are recruiting approximately 200 parents of children with autism. Participants will take two online surveys spaced two weeks apart. Each survey will take approximately 30 minutes, and will ask participants to reflect on their relationship with their child and family. Parents must be over the age of 18, be the parent or legal guardian of at least one child under the age of 18 who has been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, have access to an Internet connected device, and be able to read and write in English. Participants can start the study by going to the URL in the flier below. For each survey, participants will receive a $10 Amazon gift card for compensation, for a total of $20 in gift cards.

If you or anyone you know would qualify to participate, you can join the study by going to the URL in the flier. Please feel free to send this flier to anyone else you know that would qualify.

You can view a PDF of the study invitation flier at http://www.jleustek.com/asd.pdf and I am attaching an image of it below.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the study or the research and I will respond on this thread. Research on parents and families of children with autism is an understudied yet valuable addition to the larger autism literature. Thank you for all of your help.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 8:50 pm

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to show it to my parents :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Boo Radley
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:33 pm

Can one of the parent's (namely me) have ASD as well?

jleustek
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2017, 5:07 pm

Boo Radley wrote:
Can one of the parent's (namely me) have ASD as well?

Great question. Yes, that is totally fine. We have a fairly broad criteria for parents and children and we are looking for many different perspectives on being a parent of a child with ASD. Thank you for asking.

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

21 Aug 2017, 5:44 am

The link is not working

jleustek
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Aug 2017, 8:02 pm

SharkSandwich211 wrote:
The link is not working

Hi there,

I just double checked the link myself, and it seems to be working now. Just in case, I contacted Qualtrics (the company that hosts the survey software) to see if there was any downtime today and to prevent any future issues with the survey. Please reach out if you are still having an issue with the survey, and I will do my best to solve it.