whitehouse.gov AntiFa terror classification 81,500 in 3 days

Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 5:07 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You'll see images of Neo-Nazi uniforms if you Google "Neo-Nazi."

It's not the khaki and white shirts which are the main components of the "uniform," really---it's the insignia.

Golfers and "regular" people who wear white shirts and khaki pants (or khaki shirts) don't wear insignia.

It's very rare for me to see someone wearing a full camouflage uniform in New York City.

Camouflage-wear is banned in many countries.

Yes neo Nazis wear swastas but what is a paramilitary uniform and how would a ban on them be enforced?

I don't think ban in the insignia should happen though.
This one guy makes historical gun videos and uses the country who made and used the gun , flag on the bottom left corner of the video. His videos with German ww2 guns get blocked cause the nazi flag, however soviet and empire Japanese ones don't.
Nazis happen they're part of history it shouldn't be hidden or rewritten. It shouldn't be destroyed either. I wish they hadn't demolished the riech bunker for example. Atleast the nazi rally buildings still exist with a meusum so no one forgets. Glad auswits is perserved too. People want to destroy Hitler's cars but its history and should be saved. Objects and places give people a emotional tangent connection to history that books can never do. Let's you get a feel of how truly horrible it was and why we shouldn't ever let it happen again. Europe tried to erase all evidence they could which is wrong.
I'd like to visit the camp one day. I'll probably cry a lot.ive seen pictures. We had a presenter come in with slideshow of the holocaust. I think everyone should have to see his presentation.
Banning anything to do with Nazis won't stop another group from doing something similar. People need to understand what happen.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:43 pm

Update: The petition collected 350,000 signatures:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... nization-0

There Are Four Lights!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2017, 7:59 pm

I caught Sargon's Thinkery podcast #11 with StyxHexenHammer666 where they were talking about this and Styx made the point that he thought it was a bad idea for them to be declared a 'terrorist' organization. I think his chief concern was that, while he figured it was appropriate for them to be declared a criminal organization, he worried that the terrorist designation could start a dangerous ball rolling where - with the precedent set - this could start getting used in a fast and loose manner against anyone whose not on with their agenda as well as always and ever using a bad situation to argue for more surveillance and decreased freedoms for our protection.

I'm not sure where I stand on that one. In a way I do think they fit the MO more of a street gang and maybe similar laws would be appropriate in their case, but at the same time I ended up signing this survey because we do know which came first, ie. black block vs. open far-right nazi's and racists. It seems like to tap the former down also bleeds impetus from the other and we know the nazi's aren't going to get a free pass, they're odious, but for a while it seemed like there was a good chance that too many people stood with AntiFa for them to face any repercussions for what they were dredging up. That said though it's been really refreshing recently to hear the corporate media come after them, to hear Kyle from SecularTalk to come after them, and to even hear Noam Chomsky say - loud and clear - that every time they punch someone in the face, hit someone with a bike lock, or damage property in protest that they're giving a huge gift to the far right.

I was also really glad to hear that with Ben Shapiro's visit to UC Berkeley the police were in fact enforcing mask laws. Hopefully this is a permanent step in the right direction and with enough applied common sense the law enforcement reaction to the problem - ie. enforcing relevant laws already on the books, will take care of the problem rather than needing any whole federal government declaration of war on a domestic political group as such.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 2:15 pm

More on the terrorist Antifa organization -- it takes free-lance reporters and investigators to expose this stuff, because the Media is actively covering for the communist thugs.

WATCH: Crowder Infiltrates Antifa At Shapiro Event, Antifa Offers Weapons

On Thursday, conservative commentator Steven Crowder released an undercover video (below) exposing the violence-embracing leftist movement Antifa. In the video, two undercover reporters are embedded with the "anti-fascist" group for a few weeks and capture on video Antifa members discussing the violent tactics they plan to use as well as weapons they plan to carry — at one point even handing a reporter weapons — in order to disrupt an event featuring Daily Wire Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro.

Crowder begins the exposé by explaining that his team of reporters has been "infiltrating this organization for a long time, hard." The result is evidence that is so damning that the authorities ended up thanking Crowder and his team for their work.

"Are they really an inconsequential group of rabble rousers?" asks Crowder of the group that has been championed by so many on the Left. As the video shows, and as so many around the country have learned over the last year, the answer is a resounding no.

One of the reasons they are so influential, Crowder explains, is their broad support base on the Left. "Antifa is in a PR battle, so what they claim and what they do is very different," says Crowder. But behind the scenes, they are organizing and planning — as his undercover operatives found out firsthand — to enact violence.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21689/und ... es-barrett

There Are Four Lights!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 2:20 pm

Are they also going to classify the KKK and Neo Nazi groups as terrorist organizations?

And force anyone wearing a KKK robe at a demonstration to take it off or be arrested and searched?

Perhaps a petition can be started up to classify those groups as terrorists, since they actually advocate white supremacy, inferiority of other races and violence/intimidation towards them. Or maybe we should just put them on their own isolated all white island like some neo-nazis claim they'd be ok with.

I mean yeah if they are going to classify antifa that way, they should be classifying white supremacists that way as well.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 6:01 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Are they also going to classify the KKK and Neo Nazi groups as terrorist organizations?

And force anyone wearing a KKK robe at a demonstration to take it off or be arrested and searched?

Perhaps a petition can be started up to classify those groups as terrorists, since they actually advocate white supremacy, inferiority of other races and violence/intimidation towards them. Or maybe we should just put them on their own isolated all white island like some neo-nazis claim they'd be ok with.

I mean yeah if they are going to classify antifa that way, they should be classifying white supremacists that way as well.

KKK and neo-Nazis have been designated as terrorist groups for a ling time.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 3:15 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Pretty sure they are or at least hate groups.
Never seen any recent kkk people wearing hoods, but being as it’s a no mask or leave or be arrested law, then yeah they’d be demasked or made to leave or arrested if they didn’t, since a kkk hood is a mask. The kk wear the hood for the same reason antifi wears masks, so they can do horrible things then go home and live their lives without anyone knowing they do horrible things.

I don’t get why you support antifia. You condemn and try to turn it about kkk to take the anttention off antifia. Makes me think you support them and their tactics. I don’t see yiu condemning them. Based off past posts yiu don’t seem like someone that would condemn violence and horrible actions, so this confuses me. I don’t go t protests but if I did I’d take my chl and handgun. But I don’t go cause I don’t put myself in situations that I know are likely to lead to violence. Besides violence being bad and against my moral code, it’s irresponsible as a concealed carrier to put myself in situations likely to cause me to use said handgun in defense that could otherwise been avoided. So you want catch me at protests as currently antifia is bound to show up and attack people which would put my life at risk causing me to defense myself, similar I won’t go down dark alley ways I’ll walk little further and use a lite street, I won’t go to bad parts of towns at night. Antifia goes to protest intent on assaulting protesterss, they plan it, they arm for it. They aren’t peaceful protests they admit to their policy of the of it’s needed and ok to assault others who disagree with us. That’s a terrorist group. They use fear and violence to spread their message. They attack anyone who disagrees with them. Isis does the same thing. Similar flag too and they dress alike. Antifia is the same as the kkk. If say feminists have a peaceful protest and kkk show up armed and start violence with feminists I’d be saying the same about the kk and defending feminists( you know I dislike feminists) heck say anti gunners get attacked I’d defend them. I don’t like them but it’s their right to peaceful protest wIthout being attacked.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Oct 2017, 1:29 pm

sly279 wrote:

I don’t get why you support antifia.

Antifa is a blanket term for any group actively opposed to fascism. Frankly supporting them is the first step towards being a decent person.

It seems there are some people who use "antifascism" as an excuse to get rowdy and attack people who aren't fascists, and those people should face the legal consequences same as a fascist would, but that's true of anything. There are lots of violent conservatives out there. Should we ban conservatives?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 1:54 pm

I think actually applying the ant-mask laws is going to help a lot. The people who want to get rowdy, stupid, and find license to use their fists or bully because they're given free targets need to have their anonymity stripped. Technically if one is in AntiFa and doing heroic work against real white supremacy and real nazis they don't need a mask, same for those who are working to stop rogue forms on the left. I think we can agree at this point that the combination of public anonymity and matching uniforms in gang-like fashion is a really bad thing to allow.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 2:03 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Antifa is a blanket term for any group actively opposed to fascism. Frankly supporting them is the first step towards being a decent person.

It seems there are some people who use "antifascism" as an excuse to get rowdy and attack people who aren't fascists, and those people should face the legal consequences same as a fascist would, but that's true of anything. There are lots of violent conservatives out there. Should we ban conservatives?

Those critical of Antifa are referring to a far-left anarchist subset, not everybody simply opposed to fascism.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:38 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Antifia is an organization that uses fascist tactics. They pretend to be anti nazis hole using nazi tactics and attacking anyone who doesn’t agree with their idea leftism leaning.
Sorry I won’t support any group who wears all black, outs on masks, arms themselves and then goes to peaceful protest planning to attack people. I won’t support any groups or idea that makes me have to hide my identity. They know they’d get fired from work and their family and friends would dislike them, so they hide their face. They also know if they don’t they’re get arrested. They also attack media for filming them.
Antifa=lefts kkk.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Oct 2017, 4:13 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I think actually applying the ant-mask laws is going to help a lot. The people who want to get rowdy, stupid, and find license to use their fists or bully because they're given free targets need to have their anonymity stripped... I think we can agree at this point that the combination of public anonymity and matching uniforms in gang-like fashion is a really bad thing to allow.

I don't think we can all agree on that at all! There's nothing inherently wrong with public anonymity, matching uniforms, or both of those together. As a liberal, I support people's right to do what they want as long as they are not harming other people.

If people start intimidating other people, then there is a problem. If they start using violence, except in genuine cases of self-defence, then there is a problem. But people should be allowed to wear silly costumes.

My solution would be to not prosecute mask-wearing in itself, but add it as an aggravating factor in any offences committed. If perpetrators were tracked down effectively enough then that should discourage group intimidation.
Quote:
Technically if one is in AntiFa and doing heroic work against real white supremacy and real nazis they don't need a mask, same for those who are working to stop rogue forms on the left

Obviously untrue. If we're really talking about real Nazis, then remember that they killed their political opponents. So did Stalin. Just because you are moral does not mean that you are safe.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 6:47 am

It really has to be stopped for the time being at public events because it's turning out to the direct detriment of civil discourse. If I remember correctly security for Ben Shapiro's last talk at Berkeley was something around $600,000 dollars. Speech can be bent and broken also, as Bret Weinstein mentioned in his panel with Dave Rubin recently, by neglect of its enforcement as a right. There are plenty of people who have opinions nowhere near Naziism, opinions that happen to have as many credible points as their opposition, and to let the particular sub-section of AntiFa that most people have the anonymity to do their thing means that if people aren't willing to get beaten, maced, or splashed with acid for speaking at an event they're looking at a price tag that they may very well not be able to pay.

Also I really don't think law enforcement has the means to track people down that easily when it's over one hundred people intimidating, breaking plane in small ways of what's commonly considered assault (pushing, kicking, etc..), and being to walk that upward. Wearing masks in a group, I have to reiterate, is a way to break the law, intimidate, and get out of it without consequence. It's too much of a problem and the whole 'nazi' thing was barely a blip on the map here in the US until we had nine months to a year of letting these sorts of leftists loot, vandalize, and arson. Until that point no one had any interest in the far right - then the opposite side started feeling like they had something to offer people. I'm truly amazed when anyone misses that.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Oct 2017, 8:43 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
It's too much of a problem and the whole 'nazi' thing was barely a blip on the map here in the US until we had nine months to a year of letting these sorts of leftists loot, vandalize, and arson. Until that point no one had any interest in the far right - then the opposite side started feeling like they had something to offer people. I'm truly amazed when anyone misses that.

I'm equally confused as to how you come to this conclusion. I guess it shows how strong bubbles we get ourselves into. You think the American far-right rose up due to ordinary Americans holding counter-protests against nothing?

The US has had a problem with far-right types for a long time. Every few months one of them shoots up a public place. They form mobs to protest against abortion and gay rights. They do everything you accuse the Antifascists of doing. Within living memory they regularly formed lynch mobs and ruled large sections of the country through fear. They build statues of Confederate generals and proudly fly the Confederate flag. They made Donald Trump and Ted Cruz the most viable Republican presidential candidates.

While there is certainly an element of people whose feel under attack becoming more entrenched in their views, the far-right is not a hypermodern phenomenon.

I do not think we should entertain the idea of the police restricting people's freedom of expression, up to the point where they actually intimidate someone. I don't know about the specifics of who Ben Shapiro is or the nature of his appearance at Berkeley, but it seems there were multiple arrests there. That seems like there was already action taken against lawbreakers.

Floundering
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Oct 2017, 9:42 am

The whole 'nazi thing' wasn't a 'blip' over here and we will not let it happen again.

NO PASARAN

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 11:32 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I'm equally confused as to how you come to this conclusion. I guess it shows how strong bubbles we get ourselves into. You think the American far-right rose up due to ordinary Americans holding counter-protests against nothing?

The way I trace the dynamics it seems to have welled up as a byproduct and splinter of the 2013 forward free speech panic on campuses. In the liberal arts and ivy league colleges people wanted the campus to be a 'safe space' where they'd be free from hearing any opinions that they were uncomfortable with. Maybe part of the problem is that my first bits of familiarity with AntiFa in the US as a noticeable thing were the several times they vandalized, broke windows, and set fire to Berkeley when Milo came though. The first time I saw them actually have a credible equal and opposite was with Richard Spencer and the ilk he gathered together at Unite The Right.

The_Walrus wrote:
The US has had a problem with far-right types for a long time. Every few months one of them shoots up a public place. They form mobs to protest against abortion and gay rights. They do everything you accuse the Antifascists of doing. Within living memory they regularly formed lynch mobs and ruled large sections of the country through fear. They build statues of Confederate generals and proudly fly the Confederate flag. They made Donald Trump and Ted Cruz the most viable Republican presidential candidates.

The fundamentalist right are insufferable and I've been glad that progress in human knowledge has been rolling them back. It seems as far as I can tell that the dismantling of the religious right has lead to a churl displacement and they've simply traded one religion (Christian fundamentalism) for another religion (Neomarxism with Intersectionalism). I don't know if that was a head-per-head migration, it at least was a demographic one and it seems like the anti-science sentiment is shifting now to gain an equal degree of traction on the left with respect to evolution and biology. Seems like everyone wants the world to be something that it isn't, just that some seem foolish enough to believe that it must be the people around them holding them down (African Americans and Native Americans might have some legitimate reason to think this but this phenomena is mostly spear-headed by pampered suburban white kids attending undergrad at expensive universities that their parents are paying their way though).

The_Walrus wrote:
While there is certainly an element of people whose feel under attack becoming more entrenched in their views, the far-right is not a hypermodern phenomenon.

In the last ten years there was almost nothing to be heard from anyone expressing KKK or pro-fascist sentiments, now - as of August - it seems to have become a thing as a bunch of guys now LARP as nazis and claim they want to see the world carved up into ethno states because they're coming to the opinion that race is immutable in it's effects on how people treat each other and that they want to be left alone. They very well may be violent boneheads and idiots too, I wouldn't deny that one at all, just that they gained a strange relevance within two or three years of the politics on campuses going insane - and keep in mind this isn't a reaction to Trump - that can only be claimed to be a think since November of last year.

I also have to ask, just from the frame you're presenting - have you listened at all to Jordan Peterson or Eric or Bret Weinstein? If not you may want to check out the Joe Rogan 1006 interview with Jordan and Bret on the nature of fascism and it's reappearance in America. Bret's panel with Dave Rubin was good as well. I suggest that because they're high-quality thinkers discussing the issues that I'm talking about and they'll probably make the case a lot more clearly and credibly than a guy (ie. me) on an internet forum. You don't have to agree ultimately but I'd rather at least see you knowing what you're disagreeing with or why they - or I for that matter - are looking at this the way we are.

The_Walrus wrote:
I do not think we should entertain the idea of the police restricting people's freedom of expression, up to the point where they actually intimidate someone. I don't know about the specifics of who Ben Shapiro is or the nature of his appearance at Berkeley, but it seems there were multiple arrests there. That seems like there was already action taken against lawbreakers.

And they did something you wouldn't approve of. They enforced the mask laws that were on the books.

As for Ben Shapiro he's a Jewish Neoconservative political writer and thinker who tends to debate the left in an aggressive manner.