whitehouse.gov AntiFa terror classification 81,500 in 3 days

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This is pretty amazing. A petition was set up just three days ago and it's already at 81,500 of the votes that it needs of 100,000 (by mid-September) to classify AntiFa a terrorist organization.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... nization-0

Now 272,000 signatures.

There Are Four Lights!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:05 am

...In case you didn't know in Scotland, Trump's main opponent, a centrist/mainstream Democrat, received the majority of the voters, over 2,750 000 more. The Electoral College vote legally elects the President, and Trump won that, but the maority of voters voted for his opponent. Period.

TheRedPedant93"]The Orwellian doublespeak that "AntiFa" (SJW's, Third Wave Feminists, BLM) expresses all the time formulates the very Fascism that they are attempting to counter-protest against to the ad infinitum, the SJW/Regressive Left are no different from the Neo Nazis and the KKK which can be inferenced from the Horseshoe theory that they are both violent, tempestuous, peremptory, doctrinaire, truculent, authoritarian and the one of the greatest threats to human enlightenment and progress which has long gone now due to our divide and conquered world.

Only a major economic and cultural paradigm shift in a world of economic insecurity and resource scarcity can eventually put this to an end. It really is no wonder why the great majority on the Center Left (Anti-SJW); the Social Moderates (Centrist), Right Wing Libertarians, Conservatarians and the anti-authoritarian Paleoconservatives voted for Trump. The only worse discernibility is that regressive left groups like "AntiFa" makes the false equivalence towards anything that is antithetical to their narratives in the category of far right (Jonanism).[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:07 am

Yep....that ole Electoral College!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:17 am

...My question about the OP's initial assertation has not been answered. So, 100,000 votes on this web site means that Antifa will be classified a terrorist organization ? I don't think so. I don't think some " 100,000 votes against you and you are legally declared a terrorist organization by the Justice Department, bra! " law exists! :P
Presumably, if sich a law existed, Trimp would have been forved to release his taxes ten times over! :lol:
This is not about Antifa's merits/flaws, this is about that assertation.

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This is pretty amazing. A petition was set up just three days ago and it's already at 81,500 of the votes that it needs of 100,000 (by mid-September) to classify AntiFa a terrorist organization.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... nization-0

Now 272,000 signatures.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:41 am

...I should correct myself slightly:
According to what aIve been able to find, Trump"s main opponendid not receive a majority of the popular vote, but taht opponent did reveive a plurality of the popular vote, more than Trump.
My main point was accurate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 12:10 pm

Clinton received more popular votes than Trump--but Trump received more electoral votes than Clinton.

Electoral votes are what count--hence, the situation we are in now.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 12:58 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...My question about the OP's initial assertation has not been answered. So, 100,000 votes on this web site means that Antifa will be classified a terrorist organization ? I don't think so. I don't think some " 100,000 votes against you and you are legally declared a terrorist organization by the Justice Department, bra! " law exists! :P
Presumably, if sich a law existed, Trimp would have been forved to release his taxes ten times over! :lol:

I haven't really looked that far into it, my best guess is that 'doing something about' a petition once it hits 100,000 is seeing if it's actionable and then seeing if it can be followed up on. I might have to take a look at it tonight or tomorrow when I find the time to get the specifics.

My best educated guess - at a minimum it's a barometer of public will and it's not so much a 'My brother (Steve) is a dork' getting 100,000 signatures making the White House press secretary declare Steve a dork. I think it's more like a tool for the White House to figure out which actionable issues to prioritize. If the AntiFa survey gets up over 1,000,000 and there's something actionable to it - there's a good chance they might hold to it and try to make at least some kind of concession, like strict enforcement of the face-mask bans, paramilitary or 'gang' colors, flags, and paraphernalia, etc. etc..

I'm for seeing something like this happen and seeing national law enforcement take them seriously because if they go underground - the alt-right and white nationalist probably go back to video games, watching Nascar, reading 20th century philosophy, or whatever they were doing before AntiFa got really loud.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 1:54 pm

The petition is being circulated.

It does not force Trump, or anybody, to act.

It's just an indication that there are people out there who dislike AntiFa.

I would say that Trump, probably, will take some sort of action on this. And he'll state that the petition is the reason why he is taking action.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 2:12 pm

With We the People, you can easily create a petition online, share it, and collect signatures. If you gather 100,000 signature in 30 days, we’ll review your petition, make sure it gets in front of the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.

They are promising an official response, though they don't specify how or when. My guess is that it depends on what the Guy In Charge thinks of the idea.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 8:30 pm

...Early in Obama's 2nd term , a bunch of " State ______ should secede " petitions went up, most notably for Texas, and on the same official White House site, I do believe.
When there was hooh-hah over the people who put up " California should secede ", etc., petitions soon after Trump's victory, a conservative on Facebook was tsk-tsking over that and I pointed out the 2012 petitioners to him and he claimed to have never heard of them! :? :wink: :roll: :mrgreen:
Are the 2012 petitioners new to you?
I think the " response " would be just an agkknowledgement(sp). Really, I'm sure you could find 100,000 people who would sign a " we should bring back the poll tax " petitions (Never the mind the obvious point that, with the Internet, umpteen multiple/fake votes can be done as quick ~ Quicker! ~ than I'm typing this.), or a " lower the tax rate on rich people to 0% " one.).
Frankly, it seems you may be,and/ or others here may be, so caught up in this " Antifa is infiltrating EVERYWHERE " ~ oooh! scary! ~ campfire story/scary tale that you're ignoring this, while imagining a, oh, basic cable TV series starring Chuck Norris's grandkid as a FBI agent who infiltrates and catches dangerous radicals!
I somewhat question that Antiaf is much an organized MOVEMENT, more a " set of principles " that some claim, some amount, I suppose, supporting violence, some smaller than that amount carrying that out.
Also, bluntly, since Charlottesville sparked all this:
THE CHARLOTTESVILLE RIGHT-WINGERS RE A GROUP THAT ---[[[FROM THE START]]] --- MARCH WITH NAZI FLAGS, AND CHANT ANTI-JEWISH SLOGANS WHILE DISPLAYING MASSIVE GUNS, ----- JUST TO ---[[[START]]]--- WHAT THEY COME OUT FOR. (Yes, it's their free speech rights and they doubtless stayed ~ probably ~ within the letter of the law regarding gun display. Of course, there were those five neos caught on video beating up on a black man - Gee, what if the reverse had happened with a non-left-winger being beaten up by right-wingers? Some here I suppose are so NRA that they automatically LOVE any group that prominently displays gens! :x :twisted: ) THis certainly goes for any pro-statue protester who joined the neos that weekend, they are automatically this sort of " Nazi ", a tag which I would not spray-paint on all pro-statue folk ~ But, unless you're INCREDIBLY stupid, if you attended the pro-statue rally with them, you're a Nazi - and not one of the " good people " Trump claimed there were, which I believe he intended specifically to refer to the people at the Charottesville demonstration only, not the issue's partisans in general.
Anybody who attended the anti-memorial removal rally with them was one of them, or close enough to need no differentation(Sp?). A " Nazi ", least in the sense that people are using it in this discussion!
All this " But it's Antifa who are the REAL agressors! " BS is ignoring that, and the filmer of footage of the car killing that, apparently, conclusively shows that the kill-car driver was NOT trying to get away from anyone (as was suggested/floated here) :x !

ote="techstepgenr8tion"]

ASS-P wrote:

I haven't really looked that far into it, my best guess is that 'doing something about' a petition once it hits 100,000 is seeing if it's actionable and then seeing if it can be followed up on. I might have to take a look at it tonight or tomorrow when I find the time to get the specifics.

My best educated guess - at a minimum it's a barometer of public will and it's not so much a 'My brother (Steve) is a dork' getting 100,000 signatures making the White House press secretary declare Steve a dork. I think it's more like a tool for the White House to figure out which actionable issues to prioritize. If the AntiFa survey gets up over 1,000,000 and there's something actionable to it - there's a good chance they might hold to it and try to make at least some kind of concession, like strict enforcement of the face-mask bans, paramilitary or 'gang' colors, flags, and paraphernalia, etc. etc..

I'm for seeing something like this happen and seeing national law enforcement take them seriously because if they go underground - the alt-right and white nationalist probably go back to video games, watching Nascar, reading 20th century philosophy, or whatever they were doing before AntiFa got really loud.[/quote]

Last edited by ASS-P on 23 Aug 2017, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 9:02 pm

Despite the poetic language I see here I really have to remind that AntiFa's a group who, when they show up, reliably bring improvised weapons to their rallies and intimidate others in attendance with a rather strange passive-aggressive display of violence. My problem is that an assault is an assault, and reliable rock, brick, and bottle throwing along with ax and hammer handles, baseball bats, and whatever else - regardless of how middle-class and white they may be they erode the peace and to allow any such group privilege to act out in such a manner really entitles everyone else to bring street warfare.

I mean, if you really want to you could try down-grading them to a gang as we tend not to call Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, etc. terrorists but even there I think it's a hard sell - ie. AntiFa shows up to otherwise peaceful assemblies both assault and threaten to assault pretty much anyone whose anywhere to the right of them on the political spectrum. If you can think of some other category somewhere between gang and terror organization that you think is more nuanced and accurate be my guest.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 9:06 pm

...Guns, and five-against-one attacks, are even deadlier than rocks, bricks, and the post I put up before about a man on the neo side with two felony convictions in his past for robbery, one violent, who showed up on the neo side at a Berkeley rally (and has apparently bragged about it on social media and adopted an echoing it monicker-)...Well, it's in News, and the header starts " Berkeley wants 8 years "... " Menance 2 Society ", and not just a movie with Tupac (If it was him) :mrgreen: ?...

e="techstepgenr8tion"]Despite the poetic language I see here I really have to remind that AntiFa's a group who, when they show up, reliably bring improvised weapons to their rallies and intimidate others in attendance with a rather strange passive-aggressive display of violence. My problem is that an assault is an assault, and reliable rock, brick, and bottle throwing along with ax and hammer handles, baseball bats, and whatever else - regardless of how middle-class and white they may be they erode the peace.

I mean, if you really want to you could try down-grading them to a gang as we tend not to call Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, etc. terrorists but even there I think it's a hard sell - ie. AntiFa shows up to otherwise peaceful assemblies both assault and threaten to assault pretty much anyone whose anywhere to the right of them on the political spectrum. If you can think of some other category somewhere between gang and terror organization that you think is more nuanced and accurate be my guest.[/quote]

Last edited by ASS-P on 23 Aug 2017, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 9:07 pm

Yep...baseball bats, bricks, blackjacks, ax handles, rocks, etc.....can hurt just as bad as bullets, and do just as much damage.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 9:37 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Darmok wrote:
There are also well-established anti-mask laws in most states, passed to suppress public Ku Klux Klan organizing in the early 20th century. Those laws should be vigorously enforced against any antifa rioters that show up wearing masks at public events. Klan = antifa = terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-mask_laws

Masks and any kind of paramilitary and/or militia uniforms.

I try to think of whether any of the UC's would allow Bloods or Crips to show up en masse decorated in their red and blue with their bandannas over their mouths. My guess - no. Middle-class white kids shouldn't get a free pass either.

And what's a paramilitary or militia uniform?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 9:48 am

It's a uniform which has many elements of the military--but is not "military," per se.

Neo-Nazis, for one, tend to wear khaki-brown uniforms with Nazi or Nazi-like insignia on it. They tend to form "militias."

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:33 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's a uniform which has many elements of the military--but is not "military," per se.

Neo-Nazis, for one, tend to wear khaki-brown uniforms with Nazi or Nazi-like insignia on it. They tend to form "militias."

The were wearing khakis and white shirts. That just about fits most city men. Lots of people wear khakis and white shirts me even. It's also very common for golfers.

On the west coast lots of people wear camo uniforms too. I have a bunch of camo uniforms.

A militia or paramilitary unit could wear anything as their uniform including blue jeans and a t shirt. Also even navy seals and private military wear khakis and polo shirt.

Which is why I asked. Cause I imagine people would be like ban camo clothing and that's stupid. I like military uniforms as they're comfortable. The patterns are cool too. There's a huge civilian camo pattern market.

Black panthers just wore all black with a patch. So is it the patch of an organization that makes it paramilitary?

I'm hoping to make my logo into a patch one day.

Also ok for militias. I'd join one if I could afford to. Like the idea of being prepared and helping the community.