whitehouse.gov AntiFa terror classification 81,500 in 3 days

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 4:08 pm

This is pretty amazing. A petition was set up just three days ago and it's already at 81,500 of the votes that it needs of 100,000 (by mid-September) to classify AntiFa a terrorist organization.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... nization-0

I'm personally for this because, I have to be honest, this is where the polar oscillation/excitement started, we've been hearing about them and seeing the wreckage for the last year or so and we've only had neo-Nazi's in public view for maybe a week. While I don't think this would or should stop their right to assemble as counter-protesters but I do think this should absolutely stop their right to mask up and run around under the cover of anonymity; ie. the moment the police see face covering they should have every right to search and seizure as well as telling the people to either take their masks off, leave, or be arrested. I also think they need just as many undercover FBI/CIA in their ranks to set anyone who's planned actions for property damage or assault of anyone in the public up really for entrapment, arrest, and subsequent jail time.

Really, this should go for any group planning anything from the damage of private property up to the assault and even murder of people for various reasons. We've been doing this kind of thing to catch domestic terrorists for a long time, a particular mole actually did an incredible job of foiling the plans of about six men who wanted to blow up a busy highway bridge a few years back in NE Ohio. A lot of our key political figures have spoken out loudly against the neo-Nazi presence in Charlottesville and they're clearly keen on doing something about that. This, covering AntiFa in the same manner, would be the other shoe to drop.

I know Sargon doesn't have a lot of fans here but I thought this was germane to the topic:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 4:28 pm

There are also well-established anti-mask laws in most states, passed to suppress public Ku Klux Klan organizing in the early 20th century. Those laws should be vigorously enforced against any antifa rioters that show up wearing masks at public events. Klan = antifa = terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-mask_laws

There Are Four Lights!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 4:33 pm

Darmok wrote:
There are also well-established anti-mask laws in most states, passed to suppress public Ku Klux Klan organizing in the early 20th century. Those laws should be vigorously enforced against any antifa rioters that show up wearing masks at public events. Klan = antifa = terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-mask_laws

Masks and any kind of paramilitary and/or militia uniforms.

I try to think of whether any of the UC's would allow Bloods or Crips to show up en masse decorated in their red and blue with their bandannas over their mouths. My guess - no. Middle-class white kids shouldn't get a free pass either.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:03 pm

It's over 90,000 now. It should hit the target.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:13 pm

Maybe they should classify white supremacist groups as terror groups...there is an idea.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:17 pm

Some were....and some still are, I believe.

For Trump to take any white supremacist group off the terrorist watch list, and insert Antifa, reeks of something screwy.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Some were....and some still are, I believe.

For Trump to take any white supremacist group off the terrorist watch list, and insert Antifa, reeks of something screwy.

Agreed. That's like taking a Most Wanted criminal off the Most Wanted list because someone else needs to be added.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 6:37 pm

96,000 now

It'll probably cross 100,000 by 9:00 PM Eastern.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 7:13 pm

Passed 100,000 by 8:10pm Eastern.

There Are Four Lights!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 7:18 pm

Ben Shapiro pretty much saying the same thing I've been about Charlottesville, AntiFa, and how the logic of punching Nazis or approving AntiFa violence against Nazis to keep us safe from them is worse than pure nonsense - it's victory for the Nazis.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 7:22 pm

Antifa might as well be nazis / right wing extremists in disguise. They're a huge asset for the extreme right.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 7:54 pm

Good news.

AntiFa are everything they supposedly hate.
It is only right that they and their ideology gets treated as equally as the groups they are contesting.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 9:02 pm

Now over 112,000, so that looks like about 30,000 in the last six hours, or 5000/hr.

There Are Four Lights!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 1:09 am

I think people are sick of ctrl-left and that's a major reason why they voted for Trump. And the way the ctrl-left acted after the election, just solidified it. I see this to as an indicator of how 2018 and 20 elections will go.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 6:42 am

People still piling into the petition, it's at 144K now.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 7:24 am

Antifa is not just a terrorist group, it's an international terrorist group.

There Are Four Lights!