whitehouse.gov AntiFa terror classification 81,500 in 3 days

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 7:24 am

Antifa is not just a terrorist group, it's an international terrorist group.

There Are Four Lights!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:22 am

...You are saying that, like some " Name That Terrorist Organixation " friggin' game show, " Name That Charge " or " Press Your Prosection " :mrgreen:? If they get 100,000 " Yep, they're terrorists" votes and : DING! " - an orgamization gets legally classified as a t.o. because 100,000 people who don't like them? Who's this game show's eqivalent to Vanna? Kelly-Anne Conway? This some legal high school slam club?
As far as petitions, remember the ones that sprang up agter Obama won in 2012 where ' _000 000 people called for Texas to secede, likewise with other states, ptedating thosebanti-Trump " California should secede :, etc., petitons that reveived some attention recently?
You are saying that 100,000 " Down " votes on the Internet and the Justice Department will say that an organization is a t.o., with all of the following legal consequences for them???

hstepgenr8tion"]This is pretty amazing. A petition was set up just three days ago and it's already at 81,500 of the votes that it needs of 100,000 (by mid-September) to classify AntiFa a terrorist organization.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... nization-0

I'm personally for this because, I have to be honest, this is where the polar oscillation/excitement started, we've been hearing about them and seeing the wreckage for the last year or so and we've only had neo-Nazi's in public view for maybe a week. While I don't think this would or should stop their right to assemble as counter-protesters but I do think this should absolutely stop their right to mask up and run around under the cover of anonymity; ie. the moment the police see face covering they should have every right to search and seizure as well as telling the people to either take their masks off, leave, or be arrested. I also think they need just as many undercover FBI/CIA in their ranks to set anyone who's planned actions for property damage or assault of anyone in the public up really for entrapment, arrest, and subsequent jail time.

Really, this should go for any group planning anything from the damage of private property up to the assault and even murder of people for various reasons. We've been doing this kind of thing to catch domestic terrorists for a long time, a particular mole actually did an incredible job of foiling the plans of about six men who wanted to blow up a busy highway bridge a few years back in NE Ohio. A lot of our key political figures have spoken out loudly against the neo-Nazi presence in Charlottesville and they're clearly keen on doing something about that. This, covering AntiFa in the same manner, would be the other shoe to drop.

I know Sargon doesn't have a lot of fans here but I thought this was germane to the topic:

[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 2:09 pm

No, that's true. If one of two political party is completely against calling a group whose using bats, bike-locks, cement-filled cans, nails with bats through em, etc.. on anyone they deem a 'nazi' to be terrorist because they agree with them on who they're beating up then a) nothing will happen and b) there'll be more and more nazis coming out of the woodwork which will require....more and more AntiFa as the solution!

If we choose that as a nation, however, we deserve to be where Venezuela's at within 5 years rather than 20 or 30.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 2:53 pm

This is Antifa:

Not to mention their now-standard pattern of throwing bottles filled with urine at police.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 2:56 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This is pretty amazing. A petition was set up just three days ago and it's already at 81,500 of the votes that it needs of 100,000 (by mid-September) to classify AntiFa a terrorist organization.

Yesterday, 81,500 signatures as of 4pm. Today, more than 192,000 signatures as of 4pm.

There Are Four Lights!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 7:11 pm

Darmok wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This is pretty amazing. A petition was set up just three days ago and it's already at 81,500 of the votes that it needs of 100,000 (by mid-September) to classify AntiFa a terrorist organization.

Yesterday, 81,500 signatures as of 4pm. Today, more than 192,000 signatures as of 4pm.

I hadn't heard about Boston. This makes more sense now in that context.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:13 pm

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... n-n2371142

They're anti a lot more than fa. Anyone who doesn't fall perfectly in line with them is the enemy.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:59 pm

Drake wrote:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/08/21/boston-antifa-this-city-has-no-room-for-supporters-of-the-u-s-constitution-n2371142

They're anti a lot more than fa. Anyone who doesn't fall perfectly in line with them is the enemy.

Yup. They're Communist guerrillas. Always have been. The only reason everybody doesn't know that, is the media have been systematically lying and whitewashing them, just like the New York Times whitewashed the mass murderer Josef Stalin.

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 10:09 pm

More leftist terrorism:

Houston man charged with trying to plant bomb at Confederate statue in Hermann Park

Museum District area evacuated as agents search home

Andrew Schneck, who was charged with trying to bomb the Dick Dowling statue, shown in his 2009 Junior year Memorial High School yearbook in spring branch ISD.

The park ranger spotted him kneeling in the bushes by the 112-year-old Confederate statue, explosives in hand.
Was he trying to harm the statue? she asked.

Yes, he said. He didn't like the guy.

The late-night confrontation at the statue of Confederate Lt. Dick Dowling — detailed in court records by a federal agent — led to the arrest of 25-year-old Andrew Schneck, setting off a two-day operation by law enforcement that forced the evacuation of the tony Rice University neighborhood where Schneck lives with his parents.

Bomb squad experts detonated a cache of high-powered explosives found on the property Monday afternoon as residents waited to return to their homes.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 946918.php

There Are Four Lights!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 7:17 am

I'm starting to share some people's pessimism regarding the petitions, ie. there's a lot of other stuff up there - like a 1,000,000 signed petition telling Trump to disclose his tax records, that's probably been floated several times before and if he were to keep ducking that one he'd probably also have to duck any politically divisive issue, like AntiFa.

I'm not necessarily sure that if Trump is politically paralyzed with regard to doing anything about the petitions that every other government agency necessarily is either. I just have to hope that there's a certain threshold that the whiteness and middleclassness of the members of this organization stops being a hedge of political protection.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 8:20 pm

If I've made pro-antifa posts on social media in the past, will this make me retroactively a "terrorist"?

I'm a little worried to be honest.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 9:30 pm

If you're actually a member.......maybe. Probably not, though, if you haven't actually done anything.

But if you merely wrote pro-AntiFa posts. No, you wouldn't be branded a terrorist.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm

I doubt it, I know guys who are in federal law enforcement and I think their sense of where the line is between crowd and perpetrator is much better developed than our own. Regardless if we continue to see AntiFa and the alt-right spiral deeper it's probably best to gain distance from either group in question.

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2017, 3:09 am

The Orwellian doublespeak that "AntiFa" (SJW's, Third Wave Feminists, BLM) expresses all the time formulates the very Fascism that they are attempting to counter-protest against to the ad infinitum, the SJW/Regressive Left are no different from the Neo Nazis and the KKK which can be inferenced from the Horseshoe theory that they are both violent, tempestuous, peremptory, doctrinaire, truculent, authoritarian and the one of the greatest threats to human enlightenment and progress which has long gone now due to our divide and conquered world.

Only a major economic and cultural paradigm shift in a world of economic insecurity and resource scarcity can eventually put this to an end. It really is no wonder why the great majority on the Center Left (Anti-SJW); the Social Moderates (Centrist), Right Wing Libertarians, Conservatarians and the anti-authoritarian Paleoconservatives voted for Trump. The only worse discernibility is that regressive left groups like "AntiFa" makes the false equivalence towards anything that is antithetical to their narratives in the category of far right (Jonanism).

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 10:43 am

For some reason, I doubt it that the "Social Moderates" and the "Anti-SJW Center Left" voted for Trump in droves.

One can make a case for the other groups you mentioned, though.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 11:00 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Now 272,000 signatures.

There Are Four Lights!