your experiences with sensory processing

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:10 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Come on Ferris! We're supposed to be the same person! Now we're only like 99% the same :D !

(I actually used to love that feeling, just not recently for some reason :? . It's weird :D )

:lol: it's been at least 10 years since I last went on a roller coaster ( wasn't as fun as I expected and was painful ) , it's been 18 years since I've ridden Oblivion but I still think I'd love it :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:12 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Come on Ferris! We're supposed to be the same person! Now we're only like 99% the same :D !

(I actually used to love that feeling, just not recently for some reason :? . It's weird :D )

:lol: it's been at least 10 years since I last went on a roller coaster ( wasn't as fun as I expected and was painful ) , it's been 18 years since I've ridden Oblivion but I still think I'd love it :lol:

Lol Ferris is getting old :lol: (joking, of course :D )!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:15 pm

Hypercoaster wrote:
Touch isn't a big deal for me. I don't like being touched, but it's more because I don't like people near me rather than sensory-based. But I have always had a terrible time with clothes. It's probably what affects my life the most as far as sensory issues go. And I've had that since I was at least two. Don't know if I had clothes issues when I was an infant. One of my biggest things is that I have never been able to wear pants with a zipper. I have always worn pants with elastic waistbands. With me, I have to find clothes that come the closest to making me feel as though I'm wearing nothing at all. I dress entirely for comfort, otherwise I couldn't make it through the day.

I agree about dressing for comfort- I wouldn't be able to survive if I had to wear certain clothes lol! :D

I also love wearing the same thing over and over. My favorite is this soft pair of pajamas which just seems like heaven. Too bad I have to wash them, or I would wear them all day/night long!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:21 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Hypercoaster wrote:
Touch isn't a big deal for me. I don't like being touched, but it's more because I don't like people near me rather than sensory-based. But I have always had a terrible time with clothes. It's probably what affects my life the most as far as sensory issues go. And I've had that since I was at least two. Don't know if I had clothes issues when I was an infant. One of my biggest things is that I have never been able to wear pants with a zipper. I have always worn pants with elastic waistbands. With me, I have to find clothes that come the closest to making me feel as though I'm wearing nothing at all. I dress entirely for comfort, otherwise I couldn't make it through the day.

I agree about dressing for comfort- I wouldn't be able to survive if I had to wear certain clothes lol! :D

I also love wearing the same thing over and over. My favorite is this soft pair of pajamas which just seems like heaven. Too bad I have to wash them, or I would wear them all day/night long!

:lol: I've worn my pyjama trousers to school under my school trousers on one occasion but they were spotted sticking out the bottom and I got stick so never did it again :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:25 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Hypercoaster wrote:

:lol: I've worn my pyjama trousers to school under my school trousers on one occasion but they were spotted sticking out the bottom and I got stick so never did it again :lol:

They are a lot more comfortable than regular clothes, though :D !

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 10:20 pm

I wish I could help, but I can't really think of anything positive about it. All of my senses are hypersensitive except smell, because I have chronic congestion from allergies that I can't seem to completely get rid of - hearing, light sensitivity, touch, taste, and vestibular, I'm not sure what the others mean. I am also hypersensitive to pain, but I enjoy some kinds of pain, like scratching myself. The worst for me is hearing, made worse by my inability to tune things out. That made living in a college dorm a nightmare. Granted, I'd probably appreciate it more if I knew just how people with average senses experience things, so I'd know how much more I enjoy some things. I've never been in a situation where my tendency to notice things others don't has been useful - usually I just end up annoyed or overstimulated by things other people don't even notice until I point them out. I do experience ASMR, a tingling sensation in response to some audio or visual stimuli. Usually that is pleasant, though there are a few things that trigger it in an unpleasant way, like the feel of cotton. If anything else I can tell you would be helpful, just ask - I'm happy to talk about it.

Oh, yes, and I'm hypersensitive to cold, but hyposensitive to heat - however, I'm also hypersensitive to humidity, and we don't really get heat without humidity where I live.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 11:44 am

Erika12345 wrote:
any way in which the way your senses are heightened that is helpful to your daily life, pleasant, or just, you know, not negative?

When I'm outside on a still fall day, I like to sit still and listen to the sound of animals crunching around in the dry leaves. I've gotten pretty good at picking out the sounds of rodents versus lizards or birds. I even heard a big snake once before I saw it slither past. I think snakes are the most distinct leaf rustling animal... continuous crunching and crinkling.

Does that count?