how do girls signal interest?

Page 15 of 16 [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 5:14 am

sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
One of my friends is 22 and still working in the same coffee shop she did at 16. She says people say to her, 'don't you want to do more with your life?'

Travel is interesting. I'm lucky to live in Europe. Loads of places are a short plane ride away. But it must be very expensive for Americans to travel abroad. Unless you go to South America I guess. That's too expensive for me.

The world is very interesting. I do like to travel and see new places. I wish I could afford to or had a friend I could go places with. Most of my friends are in the same boat as me and can't afford to travel either.

Would like to travel is different then need to travel so I won't date poor guys.

I'd love to visit Germany, Japan, Korea, Russia etc but I don't need to and thus am fine not ever traveling outside my state it's not possible. A vacation for me is going to my uncles beach house or camping in the woods.

Traveling is still very expensive and mostly for rich. A lot of people go Into debt to sastify their travel "needs"

You know what. They maybe mention travel on their dating profile to look interesting. Maybe they can't afford it either. Maybe they have never even left their home state. Don't let the mention of travel put you off someone.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 5:16 am

Closet Genious wrote:
Outrider wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
Yeah, I can see what men's biggest problem is. You are slave to your urges and the idea of having to be in a relationship in order to be happy.
That is your weakest point and that allows women to exploit you, use and abuse you.

Anyways, I have weird ideas about relationships. I wouldn't even move in together with somebody. Man made marriage is definitely out of question.
If I am in love , I want to spend some quality time with them, and go home to my own female cave.
Freedom is the most important thing for me, I want my freedom and I will give it too. (I'm an Osho fan)

“The moment love becomes a relationship, it becomes a bondage, because there are expectations and there are demands and there are frustrations, and an effort from both sides to dominate. It becomes a struggle for power...
“Two persons can be very loving together. The more loving they are, the less is the possibility of any relationship. The more loving they are, the more freedom exists between them. The more loving they are, the less is the possibility of any demand, any domination, any expectation. And naturally, there is no question of any frustration.”

“When you are happy alone, when you can live with yourself, there is no intrinsic necessity to be in relationship. That does not mean that you will not relate. But to relate is one thing, and to be in relationship is quite another. Relationship is a kind of bondage, relating is sharing. You will relate with many people, you will share your joy with many people, but you will not depend on anyone in particular and you will not allow anybody else to depend on you. You will not be dependent, and you will not allow anybody to be dependent on you. Then you live out of freedom, out of joy, out of love.”

And I could go on and on but I won't Everybody is entitled to be as unhappy as they wanna be. It's all good.

I don't appreciate the subtle mocking me.

I was just trying to have a debate but instead you resort to ad hominem.

I work VERY hard to be as happy as possible every single day.

I am most of The time happy being single but when I'm not, it hits me hard.

Right now i need friends more than love but i don't have a single friend, i havent had a true friend in nearly 3 years.

Have you?

I can be happy without love but I definitely can't be fulfilled with no friends and even.most of my family don't love me. Only 1 or 2 people in my family care about me but are too busy with everyone else.

Yes . Men want love more than women, we are 'slaves' to our urges.

I agree, I've been saying this for years.

Men need women more than women need men, which honestly says it all about how differently men and women see love.

And both of us will make out the other sex to be at fault because of it.

Men will argue women don't want 'true love' and women that men are slaves to their urges.

Whatever. Its all bullsh*t in the end. Life is a joke.

Now I remember why I think like I think, what I want doesn't even exist.

I am thinking it's the same for you outrider. Being alone can be difficult sometimes, but in the end, the kind of love we want doesn't even exist.

The kind of love women can offer, is not appealing even in the slightest. Keep that in mind whenever you're feeling down.

Agreed.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 5:33 am

If men want women more than women want men, why are so many women almost always in relationships? Seems they want to be loved too.

Also, I still don't know how women signal interest, lol. Never had a woman show obvious interest.

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2017, 6:25 am

Oiutrider, I'm sorry if I hurt you, It was not my intention, although yeah reading it back what I wrote can be viewed as mocking. I apologise.

And no, I don't have friends, I have some mates I hang out with sometimes but that's it. I had to realise none of my "friends" were friends. I was there for them , they weren't.
For about a year now I'm kinda on my own and I am happy about it. I am free finally. I go wherever I want, I do whatever I want, I have time to study, to read, to travel and nobody tells me what I am supposed to do.
My last boyfriend wanted me to sit and watch Top Gear all the time. I told him he can watch it, I don't mind, I'll just do something else and we meet later. He threw a tantrum?!
Eff No, I don't need this shite.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 6:43 am

Thank you. Sorry too if I seemed aggressive at all.

I do well for myself, these last months have been the happiest times of my life. The freedom is amazing.

My first girlfriend was trapping.

I got where I am without support from friends or partners like most need. Im proud, don't need anyone but my family, live by my terms, do what I want.

Its hard sometimes, everyday I feel lonely, depressed. I fight it, 75% of each day feels good.

The loneliness bug is hitting me hard the last few days.

My friend lives far away. I haven't seen him in 1.5 years.

I want true friends, theyre hard to come by . Most "friends" are fake, come to us when they're bored/need something. Usually money. That's most of my family.

I have some people I talk to at a group I visit once a week. Its nice.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 7:09 am

closetgenius wrote:

I am thinking it's the same for you outrider. Being alone can be difficult sometimes, but in the end, the kind of love we want doesn't even exist.

The kind of love women can offer, is not appealing even in the slightest. Keep that in mind whenever you're feeling down.

What kind of love do you want?

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:11 am

hurtloam wrote:
closetgenius wrote:

I've come to realise that this is pointless to even discuss. Men and women will never in a million years understand eachother. We use ourselves as reference.

I want to be loved by a woman, the way a man loves a woman. The way I love women. Nonopportunistic love. This where the dissapointment lies, because I've projected my own way of loving on to women. Men are hopeless romantics, women are not.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:25 am

Closet Genious wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
closetgenius wrote:

. Men are hopeless romantics, women are not.

I wouldn't go that far. :lol:

What do you consider a hopeless romantic if you don't mind me asking? (I know the definition, the meaning to The individual is subjective)

To me it is someone who deeply desires love and sees it as an essential part of the human experience that one can't miss out on in life.

I use to be a very strong one like you who believed in true love and sang silly little love songs I made up abouy crushes and vivid fantasies etc.

Years of rejection and two sucky relationships as well as the shallow/materialsm that is dating changed this.

I'm so numb to all that now. Damn. I don't desire romance much anymore because it seems nonexistent. Its painful to think about love so I only think about women in a sexual way nowadays. Its more attainable too.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:33 am

Outrider wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
closetgenius wrote:

What do you consider a hopeless romantic if you don't mind me asking? (I know the definition, the meaning to The individual is subjective)

To me it is someone who deeply desires love and sees it as an essential part of the human experience that one can't miss out on in life.

I use to be a very strong one like you who believed in true love and sang silly little love songs I made up abouy crushes and vivid fantasies etc.

Years of rejection and two sucky relationships as well as the shallow/materialsm that is dating changed this.

I'm so numb to all that now. Damn. I don't desire romance much anymore because it seems nonexistent. Its painful to think about love so I only think about women in a sexual way nowadays. Its more attainable too.

I would.
Even if a woman describes herself as a hopeless romantic, it is not even remotely close to being the same thing, and it is said from a female POV. As I said, we use ourselves as reference.

So when a female says she is a hopeless romantic, what she means is that she wants the male to sacrifice himself for her, not that she is willing to sacrifice anything for him. When a male says it, it means he is willing to sacrifice himself for love. There's a reason why men constantly sacrifice themselves for women, even their own lives in war ect.

*edit*: So sure, if a man sacrifices himself, his time, works extremely hard, earns alot of money, buys stuff for her, does stuff for her. She might be able to love him, but only for what he does, not for who he is. She will never be able to love him simply for who he is as a human being. Big difference.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 8:53 am

Sometimes I think that the best way around this is to be a friend to everyone. Don't separate from the opposite gender SO much and don't view them as untouchable and mystical to where you are always groveling. I don't mean to accept being friend-zoned! I mean to be open, smiling and polite to all the girls. Be a gemntleman. Eventually, one will actually come to you and show her interest directly. You have to be patient and the best way to be patient is to say to yourself, "Look (your real name) you may NEVER get a date or fall in love but just be a social humanitarian with no expectation whatsoever. Always be very hygienic and look your best." The first clue is if a girl asks if you are seeing anyone. That's how a responsible girl shows her interest. If you are going to answer, say this: "Work and study keeps me away from dating. I need to free up some time to enjoy life a bit more. A really nice girl would help me do this." Don't be surprised if she says, "Well, how about me?" or "Would you like to meet my friend?" Joining a gym and getting muscular makes a hugh difference with the opposite sex. It's good for health too. Build your muscles. You don't have to be athletic to do this. I lift weights and I'm a 57 year old female that only marginally attractive but my body is really something and it's all down to health and weight lifting. Women admire men who take care of themselves. That means that he is physically strong and can protect them. It a head thing. When women feel safe, they are receptive to sexual advances as well. BUT GET TO KNOW SOMEONE A LONG TIME BEFORE YOU PUT THE MOVES ON HER!! ! Nobody likes a masher. So, that's the best I got to give you. I hope it's good advice.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:05 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Outrider wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
closetgenius wrote:

I would.
Even if a woman describes herself as a hopeless romantic, it is not even remotely close to being the same thing, and it is said from a female POV. As I said, we use ourselves as reference.

So when a female says she is a hopeless romantic, what she means is that she wants the male to sacrifice himself for her, not that she is willing to sacrifice anything for him. When a male says it, it means he is willing to sacrifice himself for love. There's a reason why men constantly sacrifice themselves for women, even their own lives in war ect.

*edit*: So sure, if a man sacrifices himself, his time, works extremely hard, earns alot of money, buys stuff for her, does stuff for her. She might be able to love him, but only for what he does, not for who he is. She will never be able to love him simply for who he is as a human being. Big difference.

This 'friend' was trying to introduce me to her 'friend' (who's so sexy and beautiful according to her) - she wanted me to have a fwb partner younger than my current partner.

WP women think that we invent things, they have no idea what we see in our daily life of typical female greed, this just happened an hour ago - but hey, since they mingle with female friends they surely should know better too; women are very honest between each other.

And they wonder why MGTOW is getting so popular.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 1:20 pm

hurtloam wrote:
closetgenius wrote:

Men want to be loved for them, as humans, not for their money. And to remain loved even if they lose job, and not to be abandoned the moment they lose job like how often it happens.

It's simple really.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 2:24 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
closetgenius wrote:

Men want to be loved for them, as humans, not for their money. And to remain loved even if they lose job, and not to be abandoned the moment they lose job like how often it happens.

It's simple really.

Wow. I would have though that's what women want too, but I'm learning that it's actually difficult to find.

Tis sad :(

Darkrose50
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2017, 2:26 pm

[1] Resources (money) are extremely important.
[2] Resources (money) mitigates stress, but there comes a point where this stops.
[3] Having children is stressful on many levels.
[4] Women are vulnerable when pregnant, and after birth.
[5] Men are often the source of resources (money) during this time.
[6] Imagine a point when pregnancy was much more random.
[7] Men being a source of resources (money) during pregnancy / birth was more important back in the day.
[8] So, yeah men gathering resources (money) is important, but is WAY less important now that we have birth control.

I, for one, am thrilled that my wife earns more money than I do. We lived off of her income before the children went to school. Now that I have obtained a job, I can save ~50% of my income for retirement, and do other things like remodel the bathroom.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 4:45 pm

Btw when I give examples of women I know in real life, it's not to discredit you. I'm not saying you're liars on here.

I'm trying to point out there are people you haven't met yet. That there is hope.

Not all women are gold diggers.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 5:28 pm

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
One of my friends is 22 and still working in the same coffee shop she did at 16. She says people say to her, 'don't you want to do more with your life?'

Travel is interesting. I'm lucky to live in Europe. Loads of places are a short plane ride away. But it must be very expensive for Americans to travel abroad. Unless you go to South America I guess. That's too expensive for me.

The world is very interesting. I do like to travel and see new places. I wish I could afford to or had a friend I could go places with. Most of my friends are in the same boat as me and can't afford to travel either.

Would like to travel is different then need to travel so I won't date poor guys.

I'd love to visit Germany, Japan, Korea, Russia etc but I don't need to and thus am fine not ever traveling outside my state it's not possible. A vacation for me is going to my uncles beach house or camping in the woods.

Traveling is still very expensive and mostly for rich. A lot of people go Into debt to sastify their travel "needs"

You know what. They maybe mention travel on their dating profile to look interesting. Maybe they can't afford it either. Maybe they have never even left their home state. Don't let the mention of travel put you off someone.

They post pictures from other countries.

It tells me immediately I won't be good enough for them they want to travel a lot and at $3,000-5,0000 a trip multiple times a year I can't do that. My yearly income is 9,000.
Like boo I have no idea how college students or mine wage working or even middle class afford that. Say they take 3 a year(how are they getting time off) that's $9,000-15,000 each year.

Coast is nice it's relaxing and calm. Cost $300 max to go there for a week or two. Only gotta pay gas and food. Maybe more if went to the aquarium or riplys believe it or not. Or if eat out a few times.