Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 6:39 pm

Hi guys and gals,

Got a PS4 Slim with my phone contract :o ! ! I am so out of the loop, I dunno what's been released since Xmas. I had to sell almost everything I owned at the beginning of the year, you see. But times are improving, and I finally get to indulge in games again.

So that you have an idea of the games I like here is what I already own on digital:

Alien Isolation
The team Ico stuff, and Journey
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes & Phantom Pain
Resident Evil 0,1,5, Revelations 2
Uncharted 4

I also like indie games like Lone Survivor, Undertale.

Help an Aspie brother out! What should I buy... 8O

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 9:46 pm

Minecraft :lol:

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 7:54 am

Bloodborne. The reason why I bought a PS4. Best action game of this generation.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:53 pm

-Dragon Quest Builders

-Dragon Quest X (Not out of Japan yet, bit it will most likely come out in western countries)

-Horizon: Zero Dawn

-Assassin's Creed Syndicate

-Grim Fandango remastered

-Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 8:58 pm

Bloodborne
Dark Souls 3
The Silver Case
Let it Die
Yakuza 0 (Yakuza Kiwami and 6 later this year)
Shadow Complex
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
Bioshock collection
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
NieR: Automata
Azul
Rime
Transformers Devastation
I am Setsuna
Final Fantasy VII, X, X-2, XII
Bastion
Xcom 2
Earth Defense Force 4.1
Fallout 4
Skyrim
Dark Cloud
Rogue Galaxy

Can't promise every one is great but I think that's everything I've played not already mentioned.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 3:58 pm

things that come to mind based on your tastes are possibly “dead rising”(capcom’s take on the zombie mall... survival horror, yet comical.), or “dead island: definitive edition”(vulgar... but free roam survival horror.). would look them up first.

some favorites...“nioh”, “devil may cry 4: special edition”, “borderlands: the handsome collection”, “diablo 3: ultimate evil edition”, and “the binding of isaac: rebirth”.

have been waiting for “gran turismo sport” to come out, but don’t know how it’ll compare to previous installments... always liked the series though.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 7:40 pm

@Lace-Bane:
Turns out I have the Dead Rising pack already! I almost forgot haha. I'm more of a fan of old school arcade racers like the original Ridge Racer but I've been waiting for GT Sport for a while.

@Boxman108
Another Yakuza fan. Awesome! SEGA's successor to Shenmue and best action adventure game series IMO. Great story telling. I'm getting 0, 1 remake and 6. Got the others on PS3. As for FFXII I had it a long time ago and never got into it. I'm more accustomed to action RPG's now so will give it a try. Perhaps it was just a tad ahead of it's time.

@Tollorin
How easy are the Grim Fandango trophies? And how does it look now? Played it back on an old Win95 PC!! Classic game.

@Enigmatic_Oddity
Bloodborne got some rave reviews and I never got round to it. Is it like Dark Souls? I liked Dark Souls.

@StampySquiddyFan
You just want me to check out all your cool builds, don't you?? :lol: Minecraft I can get cheap so maybe next month when I'm paid.

Thanks for the suggestions, everybody!

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
@Enigmatic_Oddity
Bloodborne got some rave reviews and I never got round to it. Is it like Dark Souls? I liked Dark Souls.

Yes, if you like Dark Souls you'll love Bloodborne. It is extremely similar but the developers have a bigger budget, so it's consistently good (unlike Dark Souls where you can see some of the later areas felt incomplete), it's more modern and they've learned a lot of lessons from the Souls series.

Things they've changed for the better
-You no longer have a shield. Instead you now have a very fast dodge.
-Instead of a shield you have a gun in your offhand which serves the same function as the parry in Dark Souls - you can time a hit to parry and get a critical melee hit in afterward, or you can simply use the gun to pull distant enemies.
-When you get damaged, for the next couple of seconds any damage you inflict will be returned to your health pool up to maximum of the damage you lost.
-All these above changes encourage offensive play rather than the wait for enemy to attack with your shield up then attack approach of Dark Souls.
-All the weapons have alternate attack modes; generally they switch between faster with short range attacks and slower long range attacks.

Things for the worse
-Health items are back to the Demon's Souls way of doing things. You don't get them replenished at lamps - Bloodborne's bonfires - but you get them as drops or buy them from NPCs.
-Fewer weapons overall

I do most of my gaming on PC so I forgot a lot of these games are also on PS4 and I can recommend them too.
-Dark Souls 3 - most polished of the Dark Souls games with a return to form on its design after the weaker second entry.
-The Last of Us - Action/stealth game in post-apocalyptic zombie setting, excellent story and characters, made by same developers as Uncharted 4.
-Nier: Automata - Japanese action RPG, stellar action with engaging story, if uneven pacing
-Resident Evil 7 - I have not played this, this recommendation is based on what I've heard, which is that it's the best Resident Evil game since 4. I intend to get it when the VR support comes out for PC.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 10:51 pm

I play ark a lot just rented a server for it on PS4.

EmmaHyde
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2017, 1:41 am

Witcher 3 has a combat system that reminds me of the souls games. I also suggest Horizon Zero Dawn and Hellblade: Seanua's Sacrifice. Hellblade was made by the people who did DMC and it's freaking amazing / talks about psychosis in a really profound way. Horizon Zero Dawn is freaking awesome (robot dinosaurs come on). The Metro games are pretty fun too.

-------
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
++++++

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2017, 2:07 pm

I have a private ark server too

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 6:55 pm

Hey Sly I enjoy watching lets plays of Ark. I dunno if it's a game I'd enjoy playing as much as I do watching, as odd as that sounds. I hope people behave on your server!

As for Horizon: Zero Dawn, Emma, my cousin has that so I might borrow it.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I started my week off work today so I'm gonna get those last trophies I'm missing on my main games and take you up on your suggestions! I have about £40 to spend on games so that should get me pretty far :) thanks again.

CharlesRooster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2017, 8:41 am

Dying light, rainbow six siege, america's army proving grounds, war thunder, human fall flat, fallout 4, project cars.

W̸̨̨̢̢̡̨̡̡̧̡̢̧̧̢̡̡̡̨̛͍̯̳̹̩̖̮̖̣̤̜̼͈̜͓̱̩͓̞̠̲̻̩̟͙̤̦̠̼̙̯̲͎͈̦͇̼̭̬͓͉̟̬̰̲̩͍̮̗̗̝̺̥̲͚͎͔̙̰͈̘̖͚͇͎̳̠̹̙̫̳̻̳̳̼̞̻̜̱͓̝̗̬͎̬̳͕̭̳͇̬̯̙͎͎̖̞̰̪͖̫̦̟͉͓̲̙̻̥̦̠̺̪̰͈̰͖̗̟͖͉͉̞̲̤̝̪͙̠̳̥̤̼̦̥̳̞̪̙͈̼̹̙͖̘̞͇͔̟̣̝͍͙͈̮̰̱͉̠̤̠̲̫̼̗̫̙̭̙͈̫̺̘̲̗̗̞̩̖̦̞̟͍̘͇͉̝̖̥͔͕̣̩͇̱̪͓̩̹͎̻̙̗̬͈̰̝͕̠͎̩̞̩͛͌̈́͐̈́̌͐̐̉̈̐̍̌́͛͂̈́̾͂̈́̊̃͋̓̃̌̎̈́̏̀̈́̈́͒̀̍̾͐͑͒̋̃̑̇̽̉͊̈̌͗̐̽̅̈́͆̋̂̇̀̀̋͂͑̚̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅe̶̡̧̧̨̧̧̡̧̛̛̛̛̛̤̱̬̥͖̹̱̹̦̺͚͙̜͎͈͚̭͙̦̻͚͉̹͙̘͔͍̬̲̦͕̟̯̜̜̗͙͙͈̲̰̯̹̳͖̤͙̥͔̭̼͙͈͈͖̝̥̜̣̼͚̥͔̲̟̤̩͓̹̟͉̬̹̗̩͍͈͈͙̰͎͕͔͖̝̪̞̺̭̤͙̯̻̞͉̙̪̲̼̣̩̥͓̠̭̱͂̈́͆͑̑͌̈́̽̑̄̂̈́́̂̎͒̂͂̋̈́́̓̑̋̀̉̓̆̎̋͐͛̐̃̌́̓̔̌̽̑̀̈́͛̀͌̈́̄̓̍̔̉̄̍͐̀̊̌̒̎̾́̅̌̆̽̆̀́͂͂̄͗̽͑̓͋̄̏̆̐͂̊̀̓̾̒̈́͑͐͆̀̌͒͒̈͛̐̾̂̅̀́̀̇̀̃̒̊͂̇̐̑̎͊̿̂͆̇̃̉̆͒͗̔̽́͗̎͑̓̓̀͆͊̾̐̓̆̇́̊̒͛̀̀̌̏̀͑͗̍͂̑͗̒̄̏̊̍̿͌́̿́͐̍͐̇̿͐͒̿́̽̄͒̊̀̊͛̍̉̂̀̑́̐̀̎̒͛̽͛̆͗̊̄̆̓͗̂͌͐͒̎̈́̋̂̑̓̈́̌͒̅̄̆̓̂̀͊̍̌̏̐͊̉̐̀͌̓͂͛̈́̉̍̕̚̕̕͘̚̕̕̕͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͠͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅi̸̡̨̛̫̝̹͈͎̩͓̎̄̀̓̂͂͐́̓̔̂̍͑̄̀̀̈̀͌̏̑͑̽́͛̔͊̂͂͋͌̊̎́̄͗́̀̄̒̔̂̏͂̒̿́̀̇͊̾̐͂̏͌͛̓́͆́̏̀̀͊͊̾͒͂͋̅̄̒̽́̑̓̈́̔̔̚̚͘͘͘͘͘̚̕̕͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅř̸̡̧̧̢̨̢̡̢̡̧̡̨̢̨̡̧̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̤̗̜̞̝͉̖̯̙̣͕̠̥͚̲̭̯͔̣̥͓̳̳̤̪̲͚̱̤̲͉̭̰̬̙̯̜̜̹͇̱̞̟͚͍̣̲̲̣͇͕̞͕̠̟͓͚̣̠̹͇͔̰̳͓̙̜̹̞͍̺̳͖͈͖̪̬͔̹̗̤͉̥̰͇̘̦͓̩̮͉̬͚̤͇̦͓̹̝̠͔͍̺̪̖͔̱̭̰̻̥̹͎̥̘̯̦̟̤̠͕͚͇͖̞͓̼͉̱̙̱͉̘̮̤̱̩̖̰̤̦̥̝̳̠̳͓̹̥͖̘̹̫̭̲̟͈͚̺͙̠͖̪̠̜͖̟̤̙̗̥̜̯̱̣̩͇͔̰̬̹͕̦̞͇͇͇̺͕̹̜͎͔͎̲̰͕́̈͊̀̒̉̅́͒̉̆̇̓͛̓̃̐̍͌̽͊̑̂͛̏̄͗̑̐̈̿͛͐̈́̔̒̀̽̿́̔̾̔̆͐͌͆͂̒͊̀̈́̔͑͊̔̉̓̇̄̌̒̋̈́̅̾̿̋̊̋͌̅̇̀͆͋̏͐̈́͑͂̀̽́́̋͂̊̌̓̀̈̓̈́́̈́̀̓͆̒̒͗̾̃̃̀̏̒͒̎̀̀̒̈̄̈́͊̀̈́̋͛́̍̀̾͊͆̋͌͊͗͂̊̇̂̌̓̈́̈͂̈̈́̌́̀͛͆̌́̎̅͐̆͋̅̍̃̄̍̎̀́͋́̂̊̈́̓̐́̿̄́̏͂̓̏́̓̔͐̋̑͗̊̒̔͑́̀̊͐̈́̑͌̆̓͌͗̈́͆̄̒͛͒̀̈̆͋̂͑̎͒͒̎̏̑̐̆̐̃͑͛͂̔̚̕̕͘͘̚̕̕̚̕̚͘̚͘͘̚̚͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅḏ̵̢̨̨̢̡̧̢̡̧̨̡̢̢̡̢̡̧̧̡̨̧̡̢̨̨̡̡̞̘̼͉̹̥̮͇͎̯͍̲̜̳̥͈̺̪̮̲̠̣̳̭͎͔͉̼͖̮̤̱̘͉̫͖̠̭̝̯͙͍̙̖̪͚̺̬̮̯̱̪̜̤̪̮̙̯̫̩͚͇͓͚̪͖̞͖̫̝̣͎͉͉̮̭̰̭̬̗̲̙̩͇̤͈̩͇̳͈͙̮̱̬̼̙̖̪͔̙̳̬̖̫̱̲̪̺͎̖̣̟̹̙̞̼̹͔̝̞͙͖͈̠͔̲̰̯̫̗̪̰̬̖͍̰̩̮̱͕͎̪͔͓͈͎͍̻͓͇̯͉̫̳̮͉̹̺͈̬̣͕͔͎͖̱̪͈̲͕̰̜̱̺̝̙̰͓̝̤̺̠̘͔̰̣͔̹̰͇̯͚̱̞̥̦͚͍̹̙̦̪̲̤̗̘͔̝̯̲͓̠̺̱̙̲͇̘͈͚͍͍̻̫̱̲͚̠͔̗̪̹̻̝̜̫͚̦̫͙̜̩̽̀̌͒͌̍͛̄̉̎̎̈͂̋̓̌͋͌̒̌̐̍́̇̊͂͗̓̓̓̾̂̓̓̒̽͆́̈͆̑͋̀̅̎͂̈́̄͊̂́̽̽̌̿̀͑̍̍͋͋̊̈̐̈́̈́̌̂͑́̈́͘͘̚̕̚͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅơ̶̢̢̧̡̧̨̧̨̢̧͙͉̳̖̘̠͓̙͍͍̞̖̘̠̯͙̗͍̦̰̠̰̜̩̼̬̱͇͈̫̗͙̩̦͚̝͚̞͉̫͔̥̤̩̪̘̫̤̜̩̮̱̹̟̞̻̥̞̼̘̦̙̻̩̼̝͓̠͈̯̼̳̘̮̭̣̖̻̻̳̟̘̰͖̲̝̬͓̰͇̲̞͎̹̱̹̰̳̫͉̭͎͎̙̬̹̗̘̠̱̩̓͂̋̅̂͌͒̿̀͒̋̊͂͊͒̽̆̑̔̋́͋̐͆̊̆̏̈́͊̓̏͂̎̽̌̄̀̄̃̄́̿́̌̒́͒̋͋̍̇̑̍͒̊͆̊̐̉̐̔͋͆͐̎͋͗̈́̍̈͊̾̃́̑̆̅̃͋̀́̊̂̀̑̎̀͆̄̍̓̾̓̽̈́͋̀̿̎́́̆͗͂̐͂̐͗̽́̓̊̂̐̃́̃̇́̿̀̍̑́̐̋̋̂͂͗̇͊̉̊̃̽̆͆͆͑̇͆͒́̀͌̇̓̄̆́̀͆͆̾̾̀́̐̏̄̏̉̀̽̈́̑͊̉̒̄̀͘̚̕͘̚̕͘̚͘̕͘͘͘̕͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͝͠͝͝͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͠͝ͅͅ