Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 12:14 am

Last night, my hallway light burned out & today, the light came on.

Did anything weird ever happened to you?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 1:13 am

many times.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 3:21 am

A street light in my neighborhood goes on every evening, shines for a while, turns off, turns back on and shines a little and then goes dark again. It does this for a while before going dark for the rest of the night.
It does this every evening, while the other street lights shine continuously.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 7:41 am

Thirteen years ago and five hundred miles away someone took my car. Two months after someone had the nerve to take my car, I found the car. It was ten miles away from the location where someone took it.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 12:08 am

^ did you get the car back?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 12:23 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^ did you get the car back?

Yes ma'am

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 9:16 am

Ants in the kitchen-again!

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:29 pm

Last week I ordered a birthday present for my niece, and a book on Asperger's for myself from Amazon Prime. Despite checking that it would go to my address several times, it got delivered to my Dad. Dad then brought the book in the Amazon box up to my sister's on my niece's birthday to give to me. My sister, without knowing what book was in the box asked if she could have it and read it, which was a fairly odd request. I told her yes and left. An hour later she called me to ask why I was reading that book, so I told her about my diagnosis (which I received a little over a month ago and was trying to figure out how I could tell her). She asked if she could keep the book so I said yes, as long as she reads it ;) That's how my sister found out I am on the spectrum.

So I re-ordered the book for myself two days ago, and checked several times that it would go to my address. It was delivered today.....to my Dad's front porch! :/

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:35 pm

Wow, that is very weird! :D ^^^^^^^^

I'm not sure if anything that weird happened to me before. I'm trying to think. I'll post here later if something odd happens.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:52 pm

Your dad mustve ordered stuff from Amazon Prime and be in their files as an account, and your dad presumably has the same last name as you. So the snafu has something to do with your shared last name being in their files. But even so that's rather boneheaded of them to keep making that mistake.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 1:31 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Last night, my hallway light burned out & today, the light came on.

Did anything weird ever happened to you?

It didn't burn out. There's a loose connection somewhere. The light may be loose in the socket and may need to be screwed in tighter, or there could be a loose connection in the wiring somewhere. If it's a fluorescent light, they have a built in ballast to limit current and that could have components which are failing. The bulb should probably be replaced and if the problem continues then an electrician should be called.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 6:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Your dad mustve ordered stuff from Amazon Prime and be in their files as an account, and your dad presumably has the same last name as you. So the snafu has something to do with your shared last name being in their files. But even so that's rather boneheaded of them to keep making that mistake.

I actually have my Dad's address as an option in my account, so it probably pulled it from there, but I had my address checked when I hit purchase, and had even double/triple checked before doing so.