Relationships, Love and Dating - My Modified Perspective

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 8:47 am

Those familiar with my posts may be aware that I am a forever aloner, and that I've faced similar struggles in love as others here in that category. Though I've still only achieved very little as it relates to love and dating, my perspective has undergone drastic evolution over the years, to the point that I now believe it's quite feasible that I will find someone in the future.

In my current situation though, I can recognise that I'm probably not going to get very far as a 21 year-old unemployed somewhat overweight still-living-at-home Aspie cliche. Most people favour a partner with some level of residential/financial independence, and I can't offer either of these at the moment, so instead of dwelling on singledom and what I can't have at the moment, I realise I'm better off putting the thought of relationships on the backburner for now until I am more independent, have more self confidence, and am consequently able to contribute more to a potential relationship.

I'm on my way there. I've applied for a paid traineeship through my employment agency, and if successful, I'll be well on my way to a job. I can only imagine things getting better from there.

Anngables
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 5:19 pm

Well done. That sounds really positive.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 5:39 pm

Here's wishing you success!

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2017, 5:58 pm

Good to see that someone gets it, good luck with everything you try.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 9:01 am

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. 21 is a tough age guys to date, because women are quite open to dating slightly older and more successful guys who have been working for a few years. Here's to you being that slightly older and more successful guy in a few years...

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 6:50 pm

I'm the same The Grand Inquisitor. It's time that we should begin life's journey instead of spending it at home. Now, don't beat up on yourself for being lazy. I've seen some people beat themselves up for being lazy, and it's just toxic how they think of themselves. When you go to the gym to work out on those weights, don't focus on how bad your diet or habits are, but instead focus on getting those 3 reps of 8 done. You don't have to give us the presidential speech of why you are going to get life together, but (as cliche as this sounds) just do it. You keep on doing things, and to a point, being lazy seems like a push off as something minimal rather than this ridiculous stigmatized, "I'm going to not get laid by the age of 40. I'm going to live in my mom's basement"; :roll: yeah sure, and what is this Oedipus Rex? No one can predict your future. Again, just focus on getting those 3 reps of 8 done. Do the simple things first, and the complex hard things get simplier and easier as each day moves forward when you keep working.