Need Advice girlfriend's son courting my daughters

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 8:31 pm

I see NOTHING wrong with hunting for meat and fur, regardless of whether the animals are shot, trapped, or killed by other humane means (and yes, a quick bludgeoning is reasonably humane).

Killing for fun and sport, I have a personal problem with. Enjoying torment is A PROBLEM, objectively speaking. Don't know which one is going on here.

I've spent a lot of time around young Pagans or people of a nontraditional spirituality with a mystical/magic(k)al bent. At one point in time, I owned enough books of a nature that Llewyelln Press would refuse to print to collapse a bookshelf. Been there, mostly managed to avoid doing that.

It SCARES THE s**t OUT OF ME to hear about kids playing with ideas of ritual/magic(k)al compulsion and coercion (whether sexuality is involved or not-- though it almost always is). Whether it objectively exists or not, whether it's "left-hand path" or not, whether it's verbotten by a specific tradition or not, I have NEVER seen that s**t end well for anyone involved (other than the handful of people who said "f**k this" and walked away).

Frankly, the behavior referred to as "witch wars" (Google it, I don't really want to try to explain) is about the least worst of the intermediate-term fallout one can reasonably expect from crap like that.

If the OP is relating something honest, he has every right to be concerned. And I would reiterate a strenuous recommendation to NIP THAT IN THE BUD, HARD. Not by abusive means; preferably with a lot of honest discussion and kindness and the best answers that can be provided for the somewhat natural (if somewhat... morbid) curiosity...

...but definitely by parenting that is, um, heavily attentive enough to be safely considered helicoptering if necessary.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 3:43 am

Love is love; it isn't like it's incest. If you should be allowed to have your threesome, they should be allowed to date each other too; it's not a blood family; it's a group of friends with all of you included in the group of friends.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 8:35 am

As grown, consenting adults, yes, the parents in this case are "allowed" to have their threesome.

But the two daughters and the boy are still beneath the legal age of consent. Even with a Romeo and Juliet law, that only modifies matters if it were to reach a court of law, it doesn't really negate that it's still underage sex and the older party still may be prosecutable, from what I gather -- I'm no legal expert, this is only what I have gathered.

There are also other consideration regarding people of this age becoming sexual. While of course it has happened since life began and is nothing new, we do know now that very early sexualization can sometimes be problematic.

And if coercion is involved in this situation, that changes the nature of how okay this is or not.

The OP posted with a tone of concern about the youngsters, like he already knows their situation is problematic in this case.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 9:09 am

If you're in the United States, I would research "age of consent" laws in your individual state--as well as "statutory rape" laws.

One state's laws could be quite different to another state's laws.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 9:25 am

True, each state has different laws on this.

Still, even without a law being broken, depending on the specific children and the situation, there may be a psychological aspect of how damaging this might be.

Two 14 year olds in love or even just joyfully horny, lol, and genuinely in a good place with each other?

Less problematic than: 14 and 15 year old coerce other teen into practices he may not be comfortable with.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2017, 10:14 am

^^^ Of course.

That happens all the time: coercion. It's happened to me.