Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 9:38 pm

After spending several years starting as a teen being groomed by much older men, I really am starting to wonder what my sexual orientation and identity actually is. The truth is, I really don't know what I want, and I only really know what I know. I will never be the young object that those men once desired again. And while I know that those men were horribly narcissistic, and while I know that most of them were quick to pass me around, I feel an attachment that I cannot seem to shake. A sense that I was complicit. And really, at that point in my life, I would have done anything to have a loving father figure in my life.

So, really, I don't know what I want, and I don't know how to start finding out without hurting myself or others. I do not like being in this situation, yet here I am.

Anybody have any brilliant ideas?

torch_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2017, 3:07 pm

I'll try to keep this PG13+ but it's gonna be hard, so I won't be overly detailed.

A lot of people who have had childhood trauma find a BDSM kink called ageplay or CG/L can help them. (CG/L = caregiver/little). People can have their opinions about it, but I know it's very popular in those kinds of situations. Some people are sexual through it, and some people aren't and just enjoy the innocence of age regression from the childhood they never really had.

Outside of that, all I can do is suggest opening yourself up to any gender right now and just getting to know people and see who you click with and have fun and experiment. Think about the kind of things you might like from a partner. Fetlife is good if you want to find out about the kind of things you might be into (I'm not sure if you're 18+). You're only just thinking about dating for the first time, so don't worry about any relationship sticking forever. Just enjoy yourself right now. Explore yourself, who you are, what you believe in, and what you want your partner to be like. You'll learn that through dating over the years :)

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Aug 2017, 1:08 pm

Buddy, you can find happiness if you can trust the person you want to be with. Whether you choose a guy or a girl, the important thing is trust, even in a relationship which includes kink such as BDSM. I was so fortunate to meet my soul mate whom I love and trust infinitely, even though when we first met it was a kink scene and he was involved at the time. But now we've been together 20 years.

I didn't experience family abuse despite having a broken home (my mom divorced my dad when I was 6-7 as he was into heavy drinking) but when I got to high school my feelings were towards other guys. I hid it well at the time. Some of the physical bullying I found a bit arousing in a way, being dominated seemed perversely attractive despite everything. I was brought up too conservatively to know how to deal with it.

As the other respondent says, just be yourself and enjoy the ride until you find the one which appeals to you most and can stand the test of time - which is always possible.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 5:55 pm

I have explored Fetlife in the past. But some things I would rather explore after trust has been established with a partner. I already had one hookup experience, and it felt like work because I felt no connection with the other guy.

What I want is a monogamous relationship, not another string of one night stands with people I thought I knew over the Internet.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Aug 2017, 12:51 am

Such a relationship is much more satisfying on every level than the one night stands.

I wish you the best in your search for someone special to you and who feels the same way about you. I know such happiness is possible as I've seen it for myself.

my blog:

torch_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2017, 5:51 am

KagamineLen wrote:
I have explored Fetlife in the past. But some things I would rather explore after trust has been established with a partner. I already had one hookup experience, and it felt like work because I felt no connection with the other guy.

What I want is a monogamous relationship, not another string of one night stands with people I thought I knew over the Internet.

Nobody is asking you to do any of that. With Fetlife you can just explore the groups and kinks on there and see what you're curious about so you can label some kinks or interests to yourself in a sexual/romantic relationship.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 4:14 pm

Honestly, I am at the point where I really do want to explore healthy sexuality. I started making some posts on that forum looking for discussion. Hopefully, I am not the only one there who wants to engage in age play responsibly and in a committed relationship.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Sep 2017, 2:31 am

Way to go! Just always be careful of that tiny minority who might be psychopaths. Most guys whom I've met just want to have responsible and safe fun.

:wtg:

my blog:

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 2:38 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Way to go! Just always be careful of that tiny minority who might be psychopaths. Most guys whom I've met just want to have responsible and safe fun.

:wtg:

That is true. I also have to watch out for the guys who don't bother to tell me they are married before getting between the sheets with me. That happened to me a couple of times when I was an older teen.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 2:45 am

KagamineLen wrote:
After spending several years starting as a teen being groomed by much older men, I really am starting to wonder what my sexual orientation and identity actually is. The truth is, I really don't know what I want, and I only really know what I know. I will never be the young object that those men once desired again. And while I know that those men were horribly narcissistic, and while I know that most of them were quick to pass me around, I feel an attachment that I cannot seem to shake. A sense that I was complicit. And really, at that point in my life, I would have done anything to have a loving father figure in my life.

So, really, I don't know what I want, and I don't know how to start finding out without hurting myself or others. I do not like being in this situation, yet here I am.

I think you should see a counselor who specializes in treating those who have been sexually abused.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Sep 2017, 2:46 am

Married guys are effectively cheating on their wives and it could lead to trouble and a broken home with the children, if any, in the middle, if she finds out. It's too complicated to be involved with a married guy.

There are some reasonably reliable/safe sites where you can meet guys (or girls) with similar interests to yours.

my blog:

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 4:02 am

Chronos wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:

I think you should see a counselor who specializes in treating those who have been sexually abused.

Perhaps. I have preemptively signed up for sexual deviancy therapy because the thought of turning into one of those men now that I am well into my adulthood is f*****g terrifying to me. Given how I have yet to commit any felonies, and also given my concern over this, my therapist assured me that I have little to worry about in that respect. He is starting some cognitive therapy to create an emotional distance between my adult self and my past self. In the meanwhile, I still am itching to find out who I really am in the midst of all this.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 12:52 am

OK, I should probably start thinking about healthy boundaries to have. I got contacted by a few men there who are aroused by the thought of a bearish little. I should not let my hormones do my thinking for me here. I want a relationship, but my hormones want a string of friends with benefits. It is a disconnect between my heart/mind/soul and my hormonal reactions. This can't be good.

torch_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2017, 5:57 am

KagamineLen wrote:
OK, I should probably start thinking about healthy boundaries to have. I got contacted by a few men there who are aroused by the thought of a bearish little. I should not let my hormones do my thinking for me here. I want a relationship, but my hormones want a string of friends with benefits. It is a disconnect between my heart/mind/soul and my hormonal reactions. This can't be good.

There's a lot of creeps out there. Gay men, bi men, straight men, gay women, bi women, straight women. There's just many creeps in the world. Just stick to your guns and look out for people who understand you want an actual relationship and want to have your kink within a relationship.

I understand the disconnect between heart and dick though. I find if I go on these websites after I've got the hormones out the way and I've calmed down, I have a more sincere approach to it.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 12:57 pm

torch_ wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:

There's a lot of creeps out there. Gay men, bi men, straight men, gay women, bi women, straight women. There's just many creeps in the world. Just stick to your guns and look out for people who understand you want an actual relationship and want to have your kink within a relationship.

I understand the disconnect between heart and dick though. I find if I go on these websites after I've got the hormones out the way and I've calmed down, I have a more sincere approach to it.

Very true. My hormones do tend to act up when I think about the kinky stuff, though. The last thing I want is for my hormones to place me in a dangerous situation.