Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

GreenTeaLatte
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2017, 9:27 am

Does anyone here get so overwhelmed with life and have full blown anxiety attacks?
This week has been so rough, everything has just felt so out of control that I finally just broke down and had an anxiety attack (I think? my anxiety attacks consist of screaming, rocking, trying to get away from anything touching me and blocking out any noise and sometimes hitting myself or biting though Im getting better at stopping that part) after its over I usually feel pretty tired or just relieved a little.
but if anyone else gets like this, is there a good way to stop it from happening in the first place especially when things are more hectic than usual?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 10:50 am

Any advice would depend on what's actually happening to cause your anxiety attacks. What brings them on?

Is it the stress on your job or in your school?

GreenTeaLatte
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2017, 11:01 am

Thats part of the problem I guess, its not one thing in particular seemingly, mostly home stuff, the dogs get noisy, the house gets messy, too many people expect me to do something unexpectedly, the car breaks down and my normal structure has to be broken for a while its just like everything at once...its hard to juggle it all especially after work if its been busy all day (I work the desk in a library and its draining because of social anxiety)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 11:08 am

I know what you mean. These things would "throw me for a loop," too.

I do the exact same work you do, actually, for my part-time job.

One suggestion would be, if you're not immediately needed, to go off to your room and do something that you enjoy. While taking 10 deep breaths.

Even when you do provide assistance to your family, it is your right to have "alone time," too.