Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2017, 12:55 pm

I am talking about the kind of people who proudly own the uncut DVD of A Serbian Film.

Or Cannibal Holocaust.

The Saw franchise is for kids in comparison to half of the horror DVDs and BluRays I own.

Nothing quite like gratuitous perversity and violence to catch my interest..... As long as it is fiction and no humans are actually being harmed, I am game for just about anything excessive in horror movies.

Who wants to have a film festival with me?

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Aug 2017, 6:29 pm

Serbian film was good, hammy but good. Only thing is though the drug they give him that makes him go on a sexual rampage, well that's Spanish fly. Doesn't work on humans not as an aphrodisiac. The baby rape scene was a bit iffy too, a bit too much.

Antichrist was pretty good...wasn't keen on the female genital mutilation though.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 1:04 am

I love horror flicks, extreme or otherwise - - as long as it's good, like The Green Inferno.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

04 Oct 2017, 7:08 am

I'm a huge horror fan but have never seen anything extreme (except Antichrist). Do you have any suggestions for extreme horror films that don't have loads of sex in them (if there are any)?

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

04 Oct 2017, 8:08 am

OutsideView wrote:
I'm a huge horror fan but have never seen anything extreme (except Antichrist). Do you have any suggestions for extreme horror films that don't have loads of sex in them (if there are any)?

The problem with that is that a lot of extreme horror gets its "extreme" label from the twisted ways it combines sex and violence.

Dead Alive maybe?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 8:24 am

KagamineLen wrote:
As long as it is fiction and no humans are actually being harmed

But animal cruelty is ok?

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

04 Oct 2017, 9:40 am

Nekomonster wrote:
The problem with that is that a lot of extreme horror gets its "extreme" label from the twisted ways it combines sex and violence.

Dead Alive maybe?

Perhaps I'll just have to get over my unenjoyment of watching sex then ha ha.

Thanks for suggesting that film. I saw it years ago and couldn't remember the title. Really enjoyed it and I'll definitely be watching it again now! :D

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 12:27 pm

Chichikov wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:

It would be hypocritical of me to speak against those scenes in Cannibal Holocaust in one breath, and then buy meat at the grocery store a few hours later.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 1:30 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:

It would be hypocritical of me to speak against those scenes in Cannibal Holocaust in one breath, and then buy meat at the grocery store a few hours later.

So you don't believe there is any such thing as humane treatment of animals? That there is no difference between a pig being slaughtered quickly and painlessly with as little stress as possible in order to feed people, and a pig being shot and left to squeal and die for the filming of a movie?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 1:33 pm

Chichikov wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:

So you don't believe there is any such thing as humane treatment of animals? That there is no difference between a pig being slaughtered quickly and painlessly with as little stress as possible in order to feed people, and a pig being shot and left to squeal and die for the filming of a movie?

I thought all modern movies assure the audience no animals had been harmed during filming.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 1:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:

I thought all modern movies assure the audience no animals had been harmed during filming.

They are, the movie in question was released in 1980.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 1:49 pm

I'm not interested in Dead Alive because I absolutely loathe the mixture of comedy and horror, but I found the whole thing on Youtube while I was investigating, for those who want to watch it.

I honestly don't know if I like extreme horror or not, because I haven't been able to try it. I won't watch Cannibal Holocaust because actual animals were killed in it, and I would have absolutely no interest in A Serbian Film due to the heavy sexual themes. I'm asexual, and I get uncomfortable watching intense sexual scenes and stuff, although I'll put up with it if it's something that's interesting enough otherwise. I also don't handle animal death/suffering well, and it's hard to find more intense horror that doesn't have either of those. I'd be interested to see, though, how I would handle extreme horror, if I could find something that might interest me.

I haven't seen any Saw stuff for comparison. Does Hellraiser count, or does it also seem like a kids' movie in comparison to what you're talking about? Because I love anything and everything to do with that :D

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 1:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Animals were actually killed for Cannibal Holocaust, though I haven't seen it, so I have no idea how much they may or may not have suffered in the process (nor do I want to know). I think it was made before there were the regulations about that that there are today, or at least before they were as strict.

For the record, I am vegetarian because I don't want to support the way "food animals" are often treated.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 3:46 pm

Chichikov wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:
Chichikov wrote:
KagamineLen wrote:

You really want to know what I think?

I think the only reason you are making an issue of it is because we have previous history on PPR and you just are not willing to let it go.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:06 am

The Midnight Meat Train:

Not sure if this is what you consider extreme. I'm not usually looking for heavy gore in horror flicks, but it can add to the movie.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:27 am

KagamineLen wrote:
You really want to know what I think?

I think the only reason you are making an issue of it is because we have previous history on PPR and you just are not willing to let it go.

LOL why do people keep saying that? I have no idea who you are or if we have any "previous history". Now let me tell you what I think. I think you can't answer the questions as you can't justify your opinions so you're trying to divert attention onto something else. If nothing else at least it's maybe made you think a little.