Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 5:33 pm

I use emulators on my phone

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:07 pm

Misery wrote:
On the note of these, I'd just like to point something out: The upcoming "Appocalypse" on iOS.

In short, a huge number of games are going to outright stop working, permanently, when the next version of the operating system is released. Some developers have come around and updated their games to prevent this, but a great many devs, who have moved on to other projects, do not update their older games (even if they're not that old).

There is only one solution to this: Never update. Ever.

I have always disliked phone operating systems, but that takes the cake. Apple users should be outraged over this, but they won't be.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 10:09 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Misery wrote:
On the note of these, I'd just like to point something out: The upcoming "Appocalypse" on iOS.

In short, a huge number of games are going to outright stop working, permanently, when the next version of the operating system is released. Some developers have come around and updated their games to prevent this, but a great many devs, who have moved on to other projects, do not update their older games (even if they're not that old).

There is only one solution to this: Never update. Ever.

I have always disliked phone operating systems, but that takes the cake. Apple users should be outraged over this, but they won't be.

Plenty are, but like with any outrage that, say, Microsoft makes (which for me is every 20 minutes or so... seriously Windows is the worst) they dont get a single bit of choice in the matter.

At least with this it's not FORCED on you... the update wont download unless you allow it. Unlike Windows, where not only was it forced, it was literally HIDDEN from you if you had tried to stop it too many times. They virused their newest version to some people. It was pathetic. Among other really nasty tactics they'd tried. But like any gigantic corporate trash heap, they get away with stuff like that.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 2:18 am

True, but unlike Windows or any other popular operating system I can think of you can't roll back iOS, at least not without a significant amount of forethought.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 6:57 pm

Almajo88 wrote:
I used to have an Xperia Play, the Sony phone with a slide-out gamepad and support for PS1 games through an official emulator. I played on that one a lot and had a bunch of retro emulators installed.
I used to have that phone too! It was so awesome! I was disappointed when they didn't make an Xperia Play 2.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 12:07 pm

I play a Japanese game about a shut in that you gotta try to get out of the house or some crap xD

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 6:19 pm

Cookie Clicker, Jelly Splash, Candy Crush, Logo Quiz and Guess That Song

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 7:08 am

Games don't really have the same appeal as they used to on my mobile - I played candy crush for a while.

Some of the best addictive mobile games I've played were snake on the Nokia 3310 and I loved a tennis game on a matrix style Nokia phone I owned , I tried to google the game but the only one I could find was Racket but I don't remember it looking like that?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

ConfusedVoice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2017, 10:05 pm

I play Covet Fashion, Design Home, Love Nikki Dress Up Queen daily. I've also been hooked on Monument Valley (one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. Completed a while ago but I might replay it soon) Tengami, Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Soda Crush, Temple Run, Tiny Wings (a favorite), Sudoku, Bingo, Flow Free & Pocket Mine.

Diagnosed with severe ADHD and High Functioning Aspergers.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 55 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 5:09 pm

Tetris all the way!

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2017, 9:18 am

I don't go on my phone that much, but I must admit, I am a rather big fan of Love Live School Idol Festival, and you wouldn't believe how excited I am for the upcoming LLSIF All Stars game. :oops:
I'm tempted to start playing THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls too, but apparently it's hard to get into if you weren't into the franchise from day one.

I've also recently started playing a Chinese game called Azur Lane (it's quite similar to a web game I already play called Kantai Collection, but with different game mechanics).

So yeah, as you can tell I'm mainly into games about anime-style girls. :P