Why The Judaeo-Christian God Makes No Sense to Me

Page 10 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 2:56 pm

Because in Christianity, everyone and everything is either completely good or bad

No room for :mrgreen: Kohlberg's :D levels of Morality

Because Buddhists do not go around "educating" people about Buddhism

Because Christians act like - it's my way or the highway

Because of racism sexism and homophobia

"The mark of Cain"

Because different Christians choose what to interpret literally or figuratively

Because some Christians attempt to justify their homophobia by hiding behind an entire religion

Doesn't make sense

If a Buddhist or atheist wants to be homophobic, they can't hide behind an entire religion

Because in Christianity, it is an entire clique. Either you are "in" or not

Buddhists don't do that

:D

Not only that, but Buddha is not so angry and vengeful that Buddha sends people to :cry: hell :cry: to punish them for allegedly disobeying him

Someone can be Buddhist and another religion, and that is OK with Buddha

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 3:49 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Because in Christianity, everyone and everything is either completely good or bad

No room for :mrgreen: Kohlberg's :D levels of Morality

Because Buddhists do not go around "educating" people about Buddhism

Because Christians act like - it's my way or the highway

Because of racism sexism and homophobia

"The mark of Cain"

Because different Christians choose what to interpret literally or figuratively

Because some Christians attempt to justify their homophobia by hiding behind an entire religion

Doesn't make sense

If a Buddhist or atheist wants to be homophobic, they can't hide behind an entire religion

Because in Christianity, it is an entire clique. Either you are "in" or not

Buddhists don't do that

:D

Not only that, but Buddha is not so angry and vengeful that Buddha sends people to :cry: hell :cry: to punish them for allegedly disobeying him

Someone can be Buddhist and another religion, and that is OK with Buddha

Further, if you know any Buddhists, you can feel the love whereas with most Christians I know, you cannot for some of the reasons you put.

My line of of favorite religions is my own Gnostic Christianity, followed by either Karaite Jews, of which there are few, and Buddhism which has a larger following. All these basically put man above God.

The way it should be.

Regards
DL

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 9:16 am

Because they claim that abortion is always :D wrong :mrgreen: , but they do not take into account overpopulation, disease, poverty, insufficient parenting skills. Logistics

Because in the united States, Christians are the majority religion. Coins say :cry: in God we trust :mrgreen: . In court, witnesses swear on a Bible. government buildings close for Christmas, not Ramadan. and et cetera. Maybe that is part of why they act so entitled and morally innocent and self important

Because plenty of Christians had the nerve to tell me that it was "lying" when I asked them to call me "he" instead of "she". :cry: San Diego 2004 Gender Therapy :cry: . But that was before the EEOC included gender identity in the list of protected status

But they did not just tell me that I was "lying". They acted like they have never done anything wrong before. They acted like I was :mrgreen: evil :idea: and that I invented "lying".

But when it turned out they were wrong, not one of them

:ninja: fixed the problem they caused

:jester: put the same energy fixing the problem, as they did, causing the problem

:idea: put the slightest amount of energy into saying "I'm sorry sir"

So it was like they could do whatever they wanted and get away with it. But when I did the slightest thing they did not understand, like, or accept, all of a sudden they treated me like Public Enemy Number One :lol:

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 9:43 am

:( :roll:

What?

Regards
DL

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 9:51 am

When I came out as transsexual, 2004, San Diego. Almost all the Christians I talked to were totally homophobic

"You make people uncomfortable with the way you dress!"

"You don't care about anyone except yourself!"

:cry:

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 10:02 am

When I came out as transsexual, 2004, San Diego. Almost all the Christians I talked to were totally homophobic

Diversity is something that Christians have always fought, even to the point of Inquisitions.

Christians have and continue to ret*d and hinder our advancement to a better and more civilized society.

Regards
DL

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm

Those Christians don't care about anyone except themselves.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 11:47 pm

Retro gamer

Not only that, but some of them act like if someone is not a Christian, someone is not even a person. No rights or emotions

And some Christian adults are not willing to even be friends with someone outside their religion, much less marry them. Even junior high school students have friends outside their religion.

And they hide behind the authority of an entire religion. Whatever they do. They acted like they represented a religion and a species

But not all Christians are like that, all the time

And egocentric, arrogant, judgmental precious lil "people" come from a wide variety of religions

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 12:04 am

Yep. When people say "all of christiandom" to refer to the "civilized" world. They say the rest of the world are savages but they ignore the savage things they do themselves.

They say things like "You're not Christian so God-given morality how can you say that murder is wrong? You have no morality without God. You can get away with anything."

I think getting away with anything applies more to them. Prisons are full of repentant Christians who ask God for forgiveness. But if God can forgive any number of sins than what reason do they have to behave morally? They can murder and maim as much as they please and God will still forgive them.

Instead of asking God to forgive them, they should ask their victims to forgive them. It's not for God to decide.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 3:12 pm

Retro gamer

Part of it is that in the united States, Christianity is the dominant religion.

In other countries, Islam is the dominant religion. And they celebrate Ramadan. And businesses close for Muslim holidays

Despite :D separation of church and state :roll: , government offices and private businesses, in the US, tend to observe Christian holidays. Coins say "In God we trust". Says nothing about Buddha, Vishnu, Allah

"Savages"?. Exactly. It reminds me of the song "Savages" in "Pocahontas".

It appalled and disgusted me how many old, academically smart, socially adept, financially productive Christian adults, refused to even socialize with anyone outside their religion. Unless it was to :heart: try :heart: to :skull: convert :skull: them

But. Not all Christians are like that. Many Democratic Christians are more receptive to :D diversity 8O

In Buddhism, there is the "Myth of Separation". "We are not one, but we are not two either"

In the past some Christians have used the Bible to justify racism (Mark of Cain), sexism, homophobia.

But. Not all Christians are like that, all the time

It's :roll: majority versus :oops: minority :cry: